Boy seriously injured in Corbin skate...

Boy seriously injured in Corbin skate park accident

There are 42 comments on the www.thenewsjournal.net story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Boy seriously injured in Corbin skate park accident. In it, www.thenewsjournal.net reports that:

A nine-year-old Corbin boy was seriously injured Monday afternoon at the Corbin skateboard park and was airlifted to the University of Kentucky Medical Center for treatment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thenewsjournal.net.

meeee

Gorham, IL

#21 Oct 14, 2009
Okay lets get back to the boy! How bad was he hurt? Does anyone know how he is doing? Please say a prayer for him. My son was roller blading a couple years ago at home ,did a 360 off his ramp and started falling backwards tried to break his fall and snapped his arm between his wrist and elbow completely in two. Both bones were broke and the only thing holding his arm together was a piece of skin. He had plates and screws put on both bones and wore them for two years then had them removed so his arm could grow. He is okay now but has a terrible scar to remind him how dangerous the sport is.Needless to say he has NEVER put on a pair of roller blades again and I am so glad! Kids will be kids and some learn the hard way. Put if another kid shoved him, that kid should be arrested.

Since: Sep 08

Winchester, KY

#22 Oct 14, 2009
what happened?):
trying to help

Dyer, TN

#23 Oct 14, 2009
what does the boy look like that pushed him?was he driving etc.
meetoo

Mayfield, KY

#24 Oct 14, 2009
scary wrote:
look at the scary dude in the woods lol. what is he doing there?
That is what i thought when i saw the pic he looks creepy/
lady

Mayfield, KY

#25 Oct 14, 2009
ok I haven't seen pictures or anything. I have had the flu. How is the little boy? What did the boy look like that pushed him? I use to have a neighbor that had a grandson that was always down there. He stole 500.00 dollars from me & I was just wondering if it is the same kid.

Since: Sep 08

Winchester, KY

#26 Oct 14, 2009
meetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what i thought when i saw the pic he looks creepy/
wheres the pic..
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Murray, KY

#27 Oct 14, 2009
trying to help wrote:
what does the boy look like that pushed him?was he driving etc.
Only the one little boy said he was pushed. Others said he just fell on his own, which I would believe because I have seen him fall on a level street while skating.
somebody

Richmond, KY

#28 Oct 14, 2009
i know robbie and i hope he is ok and gets a great recovery and i know that he will be back up and skating as soon as he is healed get well soon robbie =)
FreeBird

South Fulton, TN

#29 Oct 14, 2009
Lets all pray for this child.
somebody

Richmond, KY

#30 Oct 15, 2009
meeee wrote:
Okay lets get back to the boy! How bad was he hurt? Does anyone know how he is doing? Please say a prayer for him. My son was roller blading a couple years ago at home ,did a 360 off his ramp and started falling backwards tried to break his fall and snapped his arm between his wrist and elbow completely in two. Both bones were broke and the only thing holding his arm together was a piece of skin. He had plates and screws put on both bones and wore them for two years then had them removed so his arm could grow. He is okay now but has a terrible scar to remind him how dangerous the sport is.Needless to say he has NEVER put on a pair of roller blades again and I am so glad! Kids will be kids and some learn the hard way. Put if another kid shoved him, that kid should be arrested.
I agree because your only suppost to have skatebords there unless after a ceertin time and that probally wouldnt of happend if they where just going by the rules
somebody

Richmond, KY

#31 Oct 15, 2009
even thou u cant arrest the dude on roller blades becaause its "skate at your own risk"
somebody

Richmond, KY

#32 Oct 15, 2009
bobacres wrote:
<quoted text>
wheres the pic..
On the news journal .com
kids alone

South Fulton, TN

#33 Oct 15, 2009
this all come back to the cops not doing there jobwhen they see kids running all over town buy there self they should stop them.if u let kids run wild there gonna get hurt it just seems like nobody cares
kids alone

South Fulton, TN

#34 Oct 15, 2009
Impreza wrote:
It is high risk. Anyone can see that.
all that skate park is is a baby sitter with out the sitter u leave kids alone with out supervison what u expect
wondering

Winchester, KY

#35 Oct 19, 2009
so what happened to this boy?
Joe Dirty

Mayfield, KY

#36 Oct 21, 2009
Whitley Co Citizen 01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You want some info on that ?
His mom was shopping and it was over 30 minutes before she even knew it. It was only a matter of time till he got hurt. How many parents work an 8 hour shift and leave a child home at age 7 to 9 ? She has done this boy that way for at least 2 years, and he is left to wander wherever he wants to. Hopefully Social Services check into this situation.
You ask how I know this ? They are my neighbors.
When I was 9, I was cooking, cleaning and babysitting my brothers and sister, dic_head.
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Murray, KY

#37 Oct 21, 2009
Joe Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>When I was 9, I was cooking, cleaning and babysitting my brothers and sister, dic_head.
And how many years ago was that ? Times change, they arrest parents these days for doing what my parents done to me. My have times changed.
justwatchin

Somerset, KY

#39 Oct 25, 2009
I sure do hate the kid got hurt. the park will not show us or no one can tell us how many kids didn't get hit by a car or killed because the park was there. it has saved a life or two by having the park. he was at least not hit by a car. he had a accident. that is all. lets pray for the young guy and thank the city of Corbin to try to give a safe place for these little ones to play.
Mom

Somerset, KY

#40 Oct 26, 2009
I have taken my kids down there to skate a few times and from what I have seen I am one of very few parents that take my children and stay down there with them while they play.....Most of the kids there are not very nice....I had a child about 10-12 trying to talk me out of a cigarette, and then one of the older teens there came down and brought a beer and then bragged to the younger kids how he stole it from his parents.....Where ARE the parents? I left and have not taken my kids back since then....The rule to the place should bne that kids should be supervised at all times, and if no parent is with htem they should be made to leave.....
somebody

Winchester, KY

#41 Oct 27, 2009
i have seen him since the accicdent hes fine his mom stays with him so stut upp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man, 71, charged with sexual assault of strip c... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Jerry Curl 39
News Oldham County Board of Education selects new su... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News Danville man accused of boiling water assault (Oct '12) Apr '16 come on 17
News Is oral sex really sex? (Mar '11) Apr '16 Ben 245
News Budget cuts could shut down a Kentucky university Mar '16 Zioni 5
News Heroin treatment needed to save lives (Feb '15) Mar '16 Go Cubs 34
News College students advised to make sure mumps vac... Mar '16 DennyT 2
More from around the web