Boy seriously injured in Corbin skate...

Boy seriously injured in Corbin skate park accident

There are 42 comments on the www.thenewsjournal.net story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Boy seriously injured in Corbin skate park accident. In it, www.thenewsjournal.net reports that:

A nine-year-old Corbin boy was seriously injured Monday afternoon at the Corbin skateboard park and was airlifted to the University of Kentucky Medical Center for treatment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thenewsjournal.net.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Impreza

Winchester, KY

#1 Oct 13, 2009
It is high risk. Anyone can see that.
abc123

Mayfield, KY

#2 Oct 13, 2009
I hate to say it but I knew it would happen, when they put it in I thought "wow! I hope they got good insurance", I do hope he is okay tho'. I know kids enjoy that stuff but Id be scared to death to let mine do that! Idk...
Lynn camp girl

United States

#3 Oct 13, 2009
That's what the little emo a$$hol gets
Hey

Mayfield, KY

#4 Oct 13, 2009
Just my opinion...he should have been supervised by one of his parents. He was only 9.
Seriously

Dyer, TN

#5 Oct 13, 2009
A 9 year old boy even being supervised would not of prevented it. It was an accident. His parents couldn't of stopped it. And saying he deserved it is rediculous. He doesn't deserve to be seriously injured for being emo.
geeze

Mayfield, KY

#6 Oct 13, 2009
thats sickening to say he deserved it..if something happened to you tomorrow little girl and you were crippled or something in an accident, should people say you deserved it for being such a brat and talking about this little boy like you have?? You need to grow a conscience!
geeze

Mayfield, KY

#7 Oct 13, 2009
AND...most of the little kids down there are dropped off or walk there by theirselves and them not big as anything...alot of crappie parents in this world letting their kids be self raised, but I have to agree, I dont know if parental supervision could of stopped that anyhow. To me a skate park screams broken bones and injuries, granted if the kids didnt have that they would just be rolling down the streets here like they used to do, sooo I guess that just leaves the city in a pickle..damned if you do, damned if you dont! No good deed goes unpunished!
Obama

Somerset, KY

#8 Oct 13, 2009
That;s so true
read

Clay City, KY

#9 Oct 13, 2009
if you read the article it says his mother was there
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Murray, KY

#10 Oct 13, 2009
read wrote:
if you read the article it says his mother was there
You want some info on that ?
His mom was shopping and it was over 30 minutes before she even knew it. It was only a matter of time till he got hurt. How many parents work an 8 hour shift and leave a child home at age 7 to 9 ? She has done this boy that way for at least 2 years, and he is left to wander wherever he wants to. Hopefully Social Services check into this situation.

You ask how I know this ? They are my neighbors.
cuisinart

Winchester, KY

#11 Oct 13, 2009
when I was 9 years old I left after breakfast and got home by dark. Big deal.

JustaAngel1488

“Sweet as a Lollipop”

Since: Dec 08

Licking, MO

#12 Oct 13, 2009
It wouldn't have mattered if his mother was holding his hand.
I feel bad for the kid just because that had to be painful, but come on people... Kids play, kids get hurt, kids heal and do it again. This kid will be skating again the first chance he gets, as he should.
It was an accident. What do you want the mother to do? Bubble wrap him before he plays outdoors?
Wilson Street

South Fulton, TN

#13 Oct 13, 2009
No it doesn't. it said that the witness's mom was there. Her name was Melissa Campbell. This is the same blonde haired boy who was holding onto a car as it drove down the road. He along with 2 of his friends One was on roller blades, and the other 2 if I am not mistaken were on skate boards. Reminded me of the lil girl who got killed while riding on a car. What if that car had to stop because of another kid or anything...those boys would have been hurt! That whole street has gone to hell!
homo

Williamsburg, KY

#14 Oct 13, 2009
whitley co. NOSE mind your own business !

JustaAngel1488

“Sweet as a Lollipop”

Since: Dec 08

Licking, MO

#15 Oct 13, 2009
Whitley Co Citizen 01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You want some info on that ?
His mom was shopping and it was over 30 minutes before she even knew it. It was only a matter of time till he got hurt. How many parents work an 8 hour shift and leave a child home at age 7 to 9 ? She has done this boy that way for at least 2 years, and he is left to wander wherever he wants to. Hopefully Social Services check into this situation.
You ask how I know this ? They are my neighbors.
WOW. That must really suck... For them!

So seeings as how you have soooo much free time to be a nosy neighbor and are so informed regarding their personal situation I'm sure you ran right over to offer the lady (a single mom working a full time job judging form your description) a little help with her child care situation. Right?

No, of course not. That would be far to inconvenient for a self righteous A-hole who is only pretending to care.
No hesitation in running to Topix to trash your neighbor though. lol

Did it make you feel ohhh so superior?
scary

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2009
look at the scary dude in the woods lol. what is he doing there?
Hey

Mayfield, KY

#17 Oct 13, 2009
okay just so you guys understand I never said the little boy deserved what happened to him.Go back and read what I wrote.The witness mother was not there they went and got her because she lives right by there.The boy Dakota she was his mother and a nurse at that.She could not do anything.The boy that got hurt his mother was no where to be found.How I know my daughter lives close by and she saw most if it.Yes this could have been pervented because the other boy that was there pushed him and he was a bigger boy he fled the scene before the cops came.Yes it could have been helped.That big boy would not have pushed him if his mother or father had been there.Think about it.The little fellow was pushed he did not get hurt on his own.
Well

Mayfield, KY

#18 Oct 13, 2009
Well they can't sue the city. Do you think the city would have put the skate park in if they could get sued? This is a skate or play at your own risk.
ok lets

Madisonville, KY

#19 Oct 13, 2009
lets all pray for the little boy.lets not talk bad about anyone.
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Murray, KY

#20 Oct 13, 2009
Wilson Street wrote:
No it doesn't. it said that the witness's mom was there. Her name was Melissa Campbell. This is the same blonde haired boy who was holding onto a car as it drove down the road. He along with 2 of his friends One was on roller blades, and the other 2 if I am not mistaken were on skate boards. Reminded me of the lil girl who got killed while riding on a car. What if that car had to stop because of another kid or anything...those boys would have been hurt! That whole street has gone to hell!
I agree about kids on that street. Parents don't care what they do.
And as far as the Mom working, she leaves him alone lots of times...Even when not working.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
part time computer help Nov 10 need help 1
News No differences noted over time for children of ... Oct '16 Bloomp 21
News Second man arrested in slaying of Lashawn 'Suga... (Sep '10) Aug '16 Rubio 7
News Moo-ving out: Sensor sends text alerts from cow... Jul '16 Newt G s Next Wife 3
News Man, 71, charged with sexual assault of strip c... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Jerry Curl 39
News Danville man accused of boiling water assault (Oct '12) Apr '16 come on 17
News Is oral sex really sex? (Mar '11) Apr '16 Ben 245
More from around the web