London teen dies in wreck

Apr 13, 2009 Full story: TheTimesTribune.com 59

Times-Tribune Staff Report A Thursday afternoon wreck on KY 192 in front of the London Country Club has claimed the life of a London teenager.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
driving on drugs

Winchester, KY

#1 Apr 13, 2009
miranda knowles killed her cousin....

Since: Apr 09

Englewood, CO

#3 Apr 13, 2009
did her cousin know that she was on drugs when she got in the car with her?
meeeeeee

London, KY

#4 Apr 13, 2009
why?????? was it on purpose???
harper

London, KY

#5 Apr 13, 2009
OMG thats awful!!!!
who

London, KY

#6 Apr 13, 2009
who is mirandas cousin and what exactly happened details please!!
harper

London, KY

#7 Apr 13, 2009
yea what happened i didnt even hear about (well i didnt hear everything)
discusted

Sheridan, AR

#8 Apr 14, 2009
driving on drugs wrote:
miranda knowles killed her cousin....
if you read the article before stating something so horrific you would see the man DONALD crossed over in their lane before killing them both and alcohol is suspected in the accident he was the one drinking you useless piece of shit, you need to read or do you even know HOW....CHARGES ARE PENDING on HIM and they were in THEIR lane HE IS THE ONE THAT CROSSED OVER and hit them head on!!!!!!!!!! Get a life!!!!
here it is

London, KY

#9 Apr 14, 2009
yeah for real Miranda didnt kill her cousin a tragic and heartfully sad accident did I knew both girls personally and there is no way Courtney would blame Miranda for this if she were around some how. I spoke with Miranda yesterday and she couldnt stop crying and saying how beautfiul and nice Courtney was and that she couldnt believe she was gone , little less judgement and lil more compassion and love is what is needed in this time people...To all families involved Id like you to know my prayers HAVE been with you
uhhh noooooooo

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Apr 14, 2009
you need to re-read the article.
she's the one who went into his lane.
retard.
you must be as dumb as her.
butterfly

Sheridan, AR

#11 Apr 14, 2009
uhhh noooooooo wrote:
you need to re-read the article.
she's the one who went into his lane.
retard.
you must be as dumb as her.
yeah that is right...the article doesn't suggest anything else no doubt about it
uhhh noooooooo

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Apr 14, 2009
since you're dumb as hell...this one might make it a little more clear for ya.

London woman killed in wreck on KY 192
By Carol Mills
Staff Writer

One person was killed and five others were injured in a three-car accident Thursday afternoon on a curve in front of the London Country Club on KY 192.

Courtney Marie Carter, 19, of London, and a 5-year-old boy were passengers in a black Mitsubishi driven by Miranda Knowles of London. Carter and the boy were flown from the scene to the University of Kentucky Medical Center. Carter died at the hospital later that day and the boy was released about midnight. Four people, including Knowles, 23, and the driver of a dark blue Honda Accord, Bobby Johnson, were taken to Saint Joseph-London by Ambulance Inc. of Laurel County.

Two people in a blue Ford Windstar van, Don Burgin, 62, and Marietta Bryant, 87, suffered only minor injuries.

“They were very lucky,” Russell Burgin said.“That’s my father and mother-in-law. I got here as quickly as I could.”

Laurel County Sheriff’s Detective Richard Dalrymple was called in to reconstruct the accident.

“A black Mitsubishi was headed toward town on KY 192 just east of the Parker Road junction, and for whatever reason, she crossed the center line and sideswiped a minivan,” Dalrymple said.“Once she sideswiped the van, she got into a sideways slide into the westbound lane into oncoming traffic, and then was T-boned by a Honda Accord. The impact was more in the passenger side than anywhere. The Mitsubishi ended up on its side in a ditch.”

“Drugs or alcohol are suspected,” Dalrymple added.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Greg Poynter said Johnson is in his 50s. Poynter, who assisted at the scene, said the boy appeared to be Knowles’ son because he was sitting in her lap when he arrived at the scene. Poynter said Carter was wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident.

“Charges may be forthcoming,” Poynter said of Knowles.

Poynter said Carter was from Florida, but had been living with Knowles since moving to London.

London Country Club became a landing zone for evacuation helicopters. The first helicopter landed in the parking lot, but two others were told to land on the course itself.

Assisting at the scene were the Laurel County Fire Department, London-Laurel County Rescue Squad, Ambulance Inc. of Laurel County, London Police and the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff’s Deputy Ernest Rudder and Poynter worked the wreck until Dalrymple arrived on the scene.

excuse me

Cynthiana, KY

#13 Apr 14, 2009
discusted wrote:
<quoted text>
if you read the article before stating something so horrific you would see the man DONALD crossed over in their lane before killing them both and alcohol is suspected in the accident he was the one drinking you useless piece of shit, you need to read or do you even know HOW....CHARGES ARE PENDING on HIM and they were in THEIR lane HE IS THE ONE THAT CROSSED OVER and hit them head on!!!!!!!!!! Get a life!!!!
you my friend are the one on drugs or alcohol !!!!!!! or you can not read!!!
HELLO

London, KY

#14 Apr 14, 2009
So when are they going to press charges?
Zombie

Fairborn, OH

#15 Apr 14, 2009
Why don't we wait until after the investigation before we assume we know what happened. Just because they SUSPECT drugs or alcohol doesn't mean she was under the influence of either. And if she was it will come out and she will have to face the music. It's very sad that a life was lsot and other people were injured. Let's not contribute to the tragedy.
genius

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 14, 2009
discusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Read the article.
here it is

London, KY

#18 Apr 14, 2009
i know wrote:
miranda is a dope fiend wh*re, there's no doubt she was out of her mind on drugs!!!! and don't worry it will come out in the open, and she will pay for the life she took by being a stupid little b*tch....i feel sorry for her son and the family...who are the ones that will re-live the consequences over and over again
what is wrong with you? you should definatly do some soul searching and let Miranda deal with her own since you seem to know so much about her habits you obviously never tried to prevent it, you probably joined her in her activities
derpderf

Richmond, KY

#19 Apr 15, 2009
bahahahahahahaaaa
ahhhahahahahahaha
heeheeheeheeheehee
dead girls
hells bells

Manchester, KY

#20 Apr 15, 2009
derpderf wrote:
bahahahahahahaaaa
ahhhahahahahahaha
heeheeheeheeheehee
dead girls
r u stupid????
God have mercy on your soul because your r going to burn
i know

Winchester, KY

#21 Apr 15, 2009
here it is wrote:
<quoted text>
what is wrong with you? you should definatly do some soul searching and let Miranda deal with her own since you seem to know so much about her habits you obviously never tried to prevent it, you probably joined her in her activities
nope wrong...i hate the stupid b*tch...besides you can't help someone who doesn't want help, but i bet this will turn her life around now, huh? a little too late!!! anybody driving f*cked up and kills any innocent person and could have killed her son too, should do the soul searching, don't you think so???
Truth

Mckee, KY

#22 Apr 15, 2009
If she was on drugs she should be held accountable. But if the other woman knew she was on a substance before she got into the car, should have not put her child in danger, she also is at fault, The child would be the only one innocent .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latin Kings murder trial begins (Mar '09) Mar 20 beto59albany 41
ncaa investigating ky basketball, "point shavin... Mar 14 WILLY 1
ncaa investigating ky basketball, "point shavin... Mar 13 WILLY 1
News Heroin treatment needed to save lives Mar 3 Wanna Party 33
News American Board of Addiction Medicine Certifies ... Jan '15 HumanSpirit 1
News POLICE: Three people commit robbery; duct tape ... (Jan '14) Jan '15 qwerty 13
News Bourbon County smoke-free advocates push for sm... (Nov '11) Dec '14 Daryl 241
More from around the web