Equal Acceptance: U of I Changes Admi...

Equal Acceptance: U of I Changes Admissions Application

There are 1 comment on the WHO-TV Des Moines story from Dec 12, 2012, titled Equal Acceptance: U of I Changes Admissions Application. In it, WHO-TV Des Moines reports that:

The University of Iowa is now the first public university in the nation to include questions about sexual orientation and gender identity on its admissions application.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHO-TV Des Moines.

Safety 1138

Texarkana, TX

#1 Dec 14, 2012
This is the worst kind of way to single out and paint a target on people, under the disguise of a casual fair minded question. When these people are on their own, going from one dorm to another at night, and some beer drinking rough necks decide to focus on them, all this philosophical debate wont cover their back. You had better really dig deep and think about what you are advertising when you respond to a question like that. Campuses can be playgrounds for the rich and the rough, and if rough necks turn ugly those people who checked that on the box are going to be singled out and dealt with very harshly by the agressors and the defensive universities. Thats how it really works in this world. And those individuals had better understand that the lgbt political left will just as easily use their suffering as a sacrificial jesus matyr example to further their organizational agenda. civil rights organizations require examples of unjust pain and suffering, and if they cant win your case they can just as easily let you become a statistic to further their cause. Pro and Con sides on this issue are in a great power struggle, and the little guy that answers this question can get caught up in that struggle and loose the self control and certainty of their personal well being. Both sides are will to accept the little guy as collateral damage if it comes right down to it. Its like that John Grisham novel where Samuel Jackson's character is advised not to blindly fall in with whatever the naacp says because if it goes bad, hell he can always be used as a disposable matyr.

There are a lot of hateful people in this world, and this kind of question seperates the survival savvy from the idealistic. Dont be so desperate for your rights that you voluntarily plant a bullseye on your application. The system is out for your money, not necessarily your well being. You are income earning cattle, disposable and replacable if it comes down to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bacteria May Cause Type 2 Diabetes Jul '15 Jorge 6
News Brain circuits link obsessive-compulsive behavi... (Jun '13) Jul '15 Jaimie 10
News Edward Charles Laird Jun '15 cape res 1
News Universities struggle with falling invention ro... (Nov '12) Jun '15 Elise 2
News Lawyer Who Started Fight Over 'R-Word' Mascot A... Jun '15 Elise 1
News University of Iowa launches inventor program Jun '15 Elise 1
News IA Court Throws Out Discipline Against U. Iowa ... (Apr '13) Jun '15 Elise 25
More from around the web