Why Jon and Kate Won't Go Away

Why Jon and Kate Won't Go Away

There are 12 comments on the International Herald Tribune story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Why Jon and Kate Won't Go Away. In it, International Herald Tribune reports that:

The Gosselin family celebrated the sextuplets' fifth birthdays last month on "Jon & Kate Plus 8." Television viewers have been transfixed by "Jon & Kate Plus 8," the reality TV show chronicling the lives of Jon and Kate Gosselin and their eight children .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Herald Tribune.

casecamp

Amherst, MA

#2 Jun 26, 2009
I think that it is interesting to watch the transformation of Kate from to supposedly sweet thing into a controlling sniping thing. I use thing because other words would not be appropriate. Watching some episodes I really felt sorry for Jon and the children because of how she treated him and what she was teaching her children about how to treat people that you are supposed to love. They need to start thinking about the children and how this is all affecting them. Grow up Kate there is more to life than your Reality Show stardom. Jon realize that no relationship is perfect
Wendy

Patchogue, NY

#3 Jun 26, 2009
I felt the same way - Kate was not a nice person to her husband Jon. He took alot from her and she was demeaning to him and yelling at him like a child and a control freak. I am glad he finally stood up for himself and my personal opinion the show should go off the aire and let them live normal lives and it isn't all about Kate and Jon it is about the children.
Nexxus_

Spring, TX

#4 Jun 28, 2009
She's still going forward with her book called "Love is in the Mix" and it is about making holidays and birthdays memorable. In the hard-bound edition selling for $30.00 there will also be a craft section. I saw her idea of crafts on Rachael Ray.. It was nothing special and not original. The kids are probably getting old enough to realize that mommy is one way when the cameras are rolling or she is under the eye of the lens and another when it is off. She may occasionally forget and slip into her Mommy Dearest role even when cameras are on her. i would imagine that anything you see on camera or in a picture is the tip of the iceberg to what happens when she is indoors and out of the spotlight. Instead of calling on and worrying about the dogs, people should be writing to TLC, Zondervan and others and refusing to buy products they endorse on behalf of the Gosselins until they get counseling and all of the kids are deemed safe from not only physical abuse but also emotional/psychological abuse.
It's enough for what they will HAVE to go through just being children of separation/divorce. Crooked houses and dove bars are not going to ease that pain that much.
Nicki

Spring, TX

#5 Jul 12, 2009
Will it be called Kate Can't Get a Date? Will Jon move to France like
Brad and Angie Jolie? Will Joe Jackson get custody of the 8 children?
After all, he and his estranged wife have experience raising a large brood.
Will Christine Audigier buy Neverland and let Jon or Kate film there?
Enquiring minds want to know. ;-)
Chick Flick

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Jul 12, 2009
Nicki wrote:
Will it be called Kate Can't Get a Date? Will Jon move to France like
Brad and Angie Jolie? Will Joe Jackson get custody of the 8 children?
After all, he and his estranged wife have experience raising a large brood.
Will Christine Audigier buy Neverland and let Jon or Kate film there?
Enquiring minds want to know. ;-)
LOL @ Kate Can't Get a Date! LOL LOL

If Joe Jackson thought he could make a buck off the Gosselin kids, he'd be in hot pursuit of Kate. And if he could put her onstage and make her a bigger star, she'd be in hot pursuit of him.

I predict Jon, now having a taste of the high life, won't want to give it up. He probably likes hobnobbing with designers and doctors' daughters.
Nicki

Spring, TX

#8 Jul 14, 2009
Chick Flick wrote:
<quoted text>
If Joe Jackson thought he could make a buck off the Gosselin kids, he'd be in hot pursuit of Kate. And if he could put her onstage and make her a bigger star, she'd be in hot pursuit of him.
I predict Jon, now having a taste of the high life, won't want to give it up. He probably likes hobnobbing with designers and doctors' daughters.
k8 is probably kicking herself for not getting in on the Jackson fame. She probably would have gotten the one that is the stocker though as the sperm donor by mistake. She'd be all bummed that her kids wanted to stock her pantry instead of singing and dancing in her driveway. Foiled again.
Chick Flick

Seattle, WA

#9 Jul 14, 2009
Nicki wrote:
<quoted text>
k8 is probably kicking herself for not getting in on the Jackson fame. She probably would have gotten the one that is the stocker though as the sperm donor by mistake. She'd be all bummed that her kids wanted to stock her pantry instead of singing and dancing in her driveway. Foiled again.
LOL LOL! I just read that she's trying to make the twins into the next Olsen twins. I wouldn't doubt it. She has the big house to pay for, and all those cars, and EIGHT children to take care of -- so, she'd better get her hamhocks in gear and figure out what Plan B is, being that Plan A has left her and has been seen elsewhere ...
Nicki_

Spring, TX

#10 Jul 19, 2009
Chick Flick wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL! I just read that she's trying to make the twins into the next Olsen twins. I wouldn't doubt it. She has the big house to pay for, and all those cars, and EIGHT children to take care of -- so, she'd better get her hamhocks in gear and figure out what Plan B is, being that Plan A has left her and has been seen elsewhere ...
I saw where Gloria Estefan's daughter has learned to play drums and guitar. Both of the Estefans are talented and Emily has a brother who showed some talent as well. They showed Gloria's guest house but not the main house on the Kathy Griffin Show. Maybe Jon and Kate should build a guest house. The odd parent out could stay in the guest house and be on call for emergencies. I can't imagine being a parent and being able to load up and skip town on your kids. Life in the Fast Lane. They have surely lost their minds.
Tex_Barb

Spring, TX

#11 Feb 11, 2010
Chick Flick wrote:
<quoted text>
And K8 likes eating at places like "Butter" in New York and getting hair extensions,
fake bakes and manicures. Oh, what a great role model for the Toddler and Tiara moms.
For anyone else, they would run with their child or teen, screaming in the other direction
away from her. I saw one of those Sprinter vans over where we have office space and thought,
Yikes, it's the Gosselins. Run for your life! I see you are taking another vacation from here.
I don't know if you are even lurking. If you aren't going to return, at least let us know so we
can have a goodbye cake!
Daddy Day Care

Spring, TX

#12 May 20, 2010
Chick Flick wrote:
<quoted text>
She better get some blonde hair dye and blue contacts. She took the twins to a talent/modeling agency and was rejected. She has pushed them to the side in favor of the little kids.
Seven Eleven

Spring, TX

#13 Aug 14, 2010
Chick Flick wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.infdaily.com/2010/08/exclusive-the...

Just saw them. They are plain Janes. So are her other six. Alexis is cute, but that's about it.
If she was going to have so many children, she should have picked a better sperm donor.

ditto for Jenny Masche.
wow

United States

#14 Aug 21, 2010
Chick Flick wrote:
<quoted text>
saw Full House the other day. those twins had personality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Sanders asks young voters to prove ... May 26 Tea Bag Residue C... 5
News Bonaparte baby injured in fall from window (Feb '12) Apr '16 mother of this child 2
News Top Democrats, and a little bit of Hollywood, a... Apr '16 Demi Lovato 2
News Charges filed against Dubuque woman whose son s... Feb '16 Redhawk 1
News Solo show at Roby King features Adam Grosowsky Feb '16 JANE 1
News Sanders predicts Iowa upset, slams The Washingt... Feb '16 Lawrence Wolf 23
News Iowa Democratic Caucus: Counties to Watch Feb '16 Larry Craig s WC ... 10
More from around the web