Mormon 'Gay Cure' Study Used Electric Shocks Against Homosexual Feelings

Mar 30, 2011 Full story: WAPI-AM Birmingham 8

John Cameron said he was a naive and devout Mormon who felt "out of sync" with the world when he volunteered to be part of a study of "electric aversion therapy" in 1976 at Utah's Brigham Young University.

Full Story
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 3, 2011
Sorry Mos - this story ain't going away. And won't go away. Isn't gonna be swept under some rug someplace. It's coming back to bite you. Hard.
Zappage

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 3, 2011
He volunteered.
And it probably helped.
Everybody that admits to being a homosexual pervert would benefit from a zap or two.
That's why we have Tazers now and we should get to use them.
Franklin Stantoni

New York, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2011
Well, I was SAVED for a HORRIBLE morally-bankrupt lifestyle by electric aversion therapy when I was a kid. My dad caught me reading a book about the Kennedys (my stupid liberal communist school assigned it), and he snatched it out of my hands and RUSHED me to a hospital. They gave me electric aversion therapy and in just 7 months I was cured !

I accompanied my dad to the 1972 Republican National Convention cuz he was a delegate from the Virgin Islands (a VERY important position !), and I have voted in EVERY election since 1976, and cuz of my dad and that great hospital, I have NEVER voted for a Democrat !

:)

And at least we can ALL agree that Obamaniac® is Evil. PURE EVIL !

Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 3, 2011
Franklin Stantoni wrote:
Well, I was SAVED for a HORRIBLE morally-bankrupt lifestyle by electric aversion therapy when I was a kid. My dad caught me reading a book about the Kennedys (my stupid liberal communist school assigned it), and he snatched it out of my hands and RUSHED me to a hospital. They gave me electric aversion therapy and in just 7 months I was cured !
I accompanied my dad to the 1972 Republican National Convention cuz he was a delegate from the Virgin Islands (a VERY important position !), and I have voted in EVERY election since 1976, and cuz of my dad and that great hospital, I have NEVER voted for a Democrat !
If that was meant as a joke, I, for one, am not laughing. Did you write the material for Charlie Sheen's live show that's now on tour, perchance??
Franklin Stantoni

New York, NY

#5 Apr 3, 2011
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was meant as a joke, I, for one, am not laughing. Did you write the material for Charlie Sheen's live show that's now on tour, perchance??
No. It's true. Why would you think it's a joke ?
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Apr 3, 2011
Franklin Stantoni wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's true. Why would you think it's a joke ?
Looks like the treatment ruined your brain. You are stupid enough to believe Moron teachings.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 3, 2011
Franklin Stantoni wrote:
Daniel?
tom

Owatonna, MN

#9 Apr 24, 2011
Gay cure????? Whate next a cure for blue eyes and blond hair?? Or maybe we could cure being short or tall......Gay is a way people are born. If they want to change that they cant. I know a gay man who wishes and parys everyday that he could not be gay he crys and sobs at times hopeing god would take being gay from him....But being born a way I tell him is just the way it is.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Readers respond to fact check on Rand Paul's st... Feb 20 Cat74 57
Former BGSU faculty to exhibit work Nov '14 Marla K Smith- Br... 1
IA Court Throws Out Discipline Against U. Iowa ... (Apr '13) Nov '14 citizen four 23
The emotion lingers long after the memories hav... Sep '14 Anonymoth1 1
Feds test how stoned is too stoned to drive (Jul '14) Jul '14 T Turner 1
University of Iowa Broadcasts Graduation Ceremo... (May '14) May '14 Pete Trautman 1
About Town: Feaster Hands Keys to Stoughton's N... (Dec '12) May '14 Kundrot dionkie 12
More from around the web