Does having kids make you happy?

May 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Jessica Copeland is content with not having children. The most educated women, those with bachelor's degrees or higher, are among the most likely never to have given birth, according to the Pew Research Center.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2014

“My child-My future”

Since: Apr 11

Novi Sad

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Principal natural function of woman is to be a mother.
The basic law of nature is the law of extension genus.
The desire for offspring is in our genes since the beginning of man.
Whatever career to achieve, a woman with no children will be pleased.
A woman who has children, will be happy without a career.

Trust me. I've had both.
Sandy in NY

Bath, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Children are a joy and a blessing from the Lord. If a person prefers a career over having children, that's exactly what she should do. She would probably make a poor mother anyway. People don't usually have children to make them happy but children are born out of love for a spouse. It is a natural part of being a woman as we are supposed to be nurturers and most of us come by it naturally. Its a good thing all women didn't choose to be childless or we would no longer exist. Nobody should expect a child to make them happy, that is the wrong reason to have children as motherhood is a self-less act. We give to them but they at the same time fill our lives with joy all our lives. Wouldn't have missed it for anything! I have 4 children and also am a Registered Nurse. Mothers don't have to be uneducated but our priority must always be for our children.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

IMO having kids will only make one happy if that person WANTED kids to begin with.

There are those who don't want kids, and that is fine too. People who know they don't like or want children are making the wise and responsible choice NOT to have them. Not everyone is suited for parenting, and there's NOTHING wrong with a woman or man who doesn't want kids.
Jeffery

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Inge

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Iowa Discussions

Search the University of Iowa Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Feds test how stoned is too stoned to drive Jul 26 T Turner 1
IA Court Throws Out Discipline Against U. Iowa ... (Apr '13) Jun '14 TOM DRAKE for Prez 22
University of Iowa Broadcasts Graduation Ceremo... May '14 Pete Trautman 1
About Town: Feaster Hands Keys to Stoughton's N... (Dec '12) May '14 Kundrot dionkie 12
Black Harvard students take to Tumblr in fight ... Mar '14 guest 31
Penis art exhibit raises eyebrows (Sep '11) Feb '14 running wild 2
Naked Mormon Women Go Viral, Talk Back (Jan '14) Jan '14 ThomasA 2
•••
•••