Batteries that Recharge in Seconds

Batteries that Recharge in Seconds

There are 1 comment on the Tech Review story from Apr 12, 2011, titled Batteries that Recharge in Seconds. In it, Tech Review reports that:

A new way of making battery electrodes based on nanostructured metal foams has been used to make a lithium-ion battery that can be 90 percent charged in two minutes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tech Review.

Solarman

Yucca Valley, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2011
I wonder if they will try this new assembly technique on an old technology standard? It would be interesting to see how this could be used in the old "Edison Cell" battery. Also called nickel-iron battery. The down side to nickel-iron is the efficiency of the battery 60 to 70% and the discharge rate is also dismal. But with the new porous technology, it may make an old tired standard an excellent power storage, grid smoothing device for large scale and even home utility use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alltech to create large algae farm in Ky. (May '10) Jan '18 will thrill 6
News How Often Do Arab And African-American Muslims ... Oct '17 Susan 11
News Artists Armed With Spray-Paint Cans Take Aim At... (Mar '17) Apr '17 Marauder 6
News Black studies struggle at Illinois universities... (Sep '16) Sep '16 mike 4
News Smartphone Biosensors Go Straight To DVD (Feb '16) Feb '16 KERI 1
News NASA's Hubble Finds Supernovae in 'Wrong Place ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 SpaceBlues 1
News How to Convice Anti-Vaxxers They're Wrong? Scar... (Aug '15) Aug '15 AUTOIMMUNE by VAC... 1
More from around the web