N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

There are 726 comments on the KGW-TV Portland story from Feb 16, 2009, titled N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case. In it, KGW-TV Portland reports that:

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGW-TV Portland.

tantalus

Honolulu, HI

#673 Feb 18, 2014
It has been so quiet for some time now. I am hopeful it is the calm before he storm?

Since: Aug 09

Crescent City, CA

#674 Mar 4, 2014
tantalus wrote:
It has been so quiet for some time now. I am hopeful it is the calm before he storm?
Yes this is the quiet before the storm.
Intrigued

Lewiston, ID

#675 Mar 17, 2014
I've been attending LCSC for four years now, I've just gotten into these cases the past couple of weeks after watching my teacher's documentary the confluence. I can no longer drive by the civic theater without getting goose bumps. It amazes me they didn't have enough circumstantial evidence against the person of interest to try him, one question I have is where was Mr. Voss when the first girl went missing in Asotin? Did he have an alibi for those few hours after she called her mom saying she was not feeling well? Or did he have time to kill her and get rid of her body? I hope more info turns up for the victim's families.

Crescent City, CA

#676 Mar 18, 2014
Intrigued wrote:
I've been attending LCSC for four years now, I've just gotten into these cases the past couple of weeks after watching my teacher's documentary the confluence. I can no longer drive by the civic theater without getting goose bumps. It amazes me they didn't have enough circumstantial evidence against the person of interest to try him, one question I have is where was Mr. Voss when the first girl went missing in Asotin? Did he have an alibi for those few hours after she called her mom saying she was not feeling well? Or did he have time to kill her and get rid of her body? I hope more info turns up for the victim's families.
I am a family member and the documentary that Jennifer and Vern made about the cases helped bring in tips. We have a Facebook page that has a petition to bring charges against Lance Voss. The day Christina White disappeared, according to Voss's step-son, he is not sure if Voss was there or not. The step-son told me that he was in the backyard washing the Afghan hounds that they owned at the time and that Christina White was in the front yard under a tree.

The link to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Va...

In the very near future the cases will be getting more exposure which could bring in the tip that will help get the long overdue justice.
kline

Boise, ID

#677 Mar 24, 2014
Ill never understand why he wasnt compelled to account defintively for every second while Christina White was there right up until he showed up for the search with his towel around the neck histrionics.
Of course he has never even been moderatly grilled by authorities to account for himself since it sounds like the one interview with police he had in 1982 was pretty softball.
I must have had 30 people borrow my copy of 'Confluence' here in the Lewis Clark Valley,alot more folks are getting savy about these cases and virtually none of them can understand why he wasnt indicted even with Pearsol's body missing.
(I agree)
Crescent I certainly hope your prediction 'for the very near future' is correct.
'Confluence' needs a fitting Epilogue.

Crescent City, CA

#678 Apr 3, 2014
The families of the victims were contacted by Discovery ID and asked if they could profile the cases on the show Dark Minds. It will be airing on April 8th. The story can be read on this link.
https://www.facebook.com/bigcountrynewsconnec...
Anonomys

Lewiston, ID

#679 Apr 4, 2014
I lived In the house that Chris white stopped at in asotin 503 2nd st there is weird cut outs in the garage and basement guessing lookin for her

Crescent City, CA

#680 Apr 4, 2014
Correction the air date of the show, it is April 9th.

Crescent City, CA

#681 Apr 5, 2014
The train is gaining speed Voss.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Crescent City, CA

#682 Apr 5, 2014
Please sign and share this petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/nez-perce-cou...
kline

Boise, ID

#683 Apr 7, 2014
Wonderful news about the program!
I was sorry to hear they are going to maintain Lance Voss' anonymity but fortunately anyone who is interested can find out his name on the internet in short order.
Here's hoping the right person or persons see this with the right bit of information to bring Voss' card house tumbling down.
kline

Boise, ID

#684 Apr 7, 2014
Anonomys wrote:
I lived In the house that Chris white stopped at in asotin 503 2nd st there is weird cut outs in the garage and basement guessing lookin for her
Very probably.

Crescent City, CA

#685 Apr 9, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If your source is so reliable and you think it's more reliable than mine than please give details of the how and why the stepson was afraid of him, because I have it from a very reliable source that he never was, only that they didn't always see eye to eye and that the stepson spent alot of time with art and computer programming at school for long hours. I also have from the same source that if the stepson had really wanted to and really been afraid he had very protective grandparents 83 miles away in Joseph that he could have gone and lived with or a father out of state who would have come and got him if he felt threatened.(His father came and retrieved another daughter from his second marriage in 1983 when her mother left him to go to Hawaii and meet Tom Selleck. He could have fled with him then if he'd been scared.)
I can say that I know He was not scared. He would have liked his stepfather to do everything he could to clear himself , however it is not the stepsons place to ask anyone to give up constitutional rights nor could he have talked him into taking a polygraph test. The POI had once commented to family and friends that he had taken a mock polygraph test once in a college course and it said he lied about his name, and from that time forward he never trusted the tests, but thought of them as a tool to get "leverage" on someone they already suspected.
The stepson I am satisfied was close by when the Asotin incident happened in 1979, but was not involved and did not see anything, nor was there any fear or terror. The stepdad and him and a couple of preachers kids played Dungeons and Dragons together, and he enjoyed being in Civic Theater productions with him.
I know who the preacher is Curious, he lived in Kendrick, ID and was removed from the church for inappropriate behavior with young girls. Did you watch the show Dark Minds ? Law enforcement backs what we told you about the mortuary break in. Voss himself said that he gave Christina White a cold wash cloth for her neck.
kline

Boise, ID

#686 Apr 12, 2014
I imagine he does have an aversion to Polygraph Tests but I doubt it has anything to do with a traumatic "Mock Polygraph Test" from his college days...

Crescent City, CA

#687 Apr 21, 2014

Crescent City, CA

#688 May 27, 2014
As you would say Voss "Glad to do it." Please check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Va...

“Give the Bear a hug!”

Since: Oct 08

Home is where you park it

#689 Jul 9, 2014
CrescentCrow wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the names of the three missing people ?
Deborah Swanson and Sally Ann Stone went missing from CDA area in the spring of 1986. Julie Weflen went missing from a WWP (now Avista) substation where she was working. This was west of Spokane in September of 1987.
Ghanary

Anonymous Proxy

#690 Jul 20, 2014
I wonder if Lance V. saw that "Dark Minds" episode, and if he did, what his reaction was. Could be an interesting view.

Crescent City, CA

#691 Jul 21, 2014
I know that you follow this thread Voss.
http://movzap.com/rkvmeidmie72
GOOD COP

Pendleton, OR

#692 Aug 15, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Take a walk around the properties of 503 2nd street in Asotin Wa. and 4th street about 4 blocks up from there and tell us if you see anything unusually paranormal.
Has anybody actually tried to do this? I think Curious is Lance Voss. Also, what's been occurring with these cases. This page has gone stagnant for awhile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Idaho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... Mar '15 The real zeke 53
News Mumps outbreak in Idaho spreads to Washington s... Mar '15 The real zeke 11
News University of Idaho Report Finds Public Lands T... Dec '14 Quisnos Republic 1
News New District Court Seat Presents Unique Opportu... (Oct '10) Nov '14 Kermit 2
News Early season blizzards not linked to climate ch... (Oct '14) Oct '14 tscull 1
News Study: Anti-anxiety drug in water makes fish hy... (Feb '13) Sep '13 Sheldon 2
News LCSC adopts no smoking policy (Aug '13) Aug '13 BIG PHARMA CRIME 5
More from around the web