Cedartown selected as pilot city for ...

Cedartown selected as pilot city for strategic visioning program

There are 4 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from May 30, 2013, titled Cedartown selected as pilot city for strategic visioning program. In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

The new program aims to improve Downtown Cedartown by gathering resident data and developing a strategic vision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

WhoDat

United States

#1 May 31, 2013
More dollars going to waste in downtown.
Who benefits? Downtown property owners.
If the county built a new courthouse out in the county then lawyers might follow and there wouldn't be much left.
But then the current courthouse has spiderwebs across most entrances.
I say doze everything on main between East Avenue and the Silver Comet crossing.
WakeUp

Cedartown, GA

#2 May 31, 2013
So now that all those taxpayer dollars poured into the "Street Scape" did nothing to revive down town Cedartown .
It,s time for another scheme using even more taxpayer dollars to breath life back into this corpse called main street .
What now a new wreath on the empty benches and bicycle racks ,or maybe larger flashing for rent or lease signs in all the empty building payed for by us tax payers.
When will the powers at be get their heads out of their A-- and look about 20 miles north to Rome,s main street.
Young people could give a S--T less about side walks their looking for excitement and action .
So give them what they want, a couple sports bars , side walk cafes, a place to have a drink and dance, open the auditorium to local bands for free to draw a crowd , bingo parlors with complimentary nitro pills for the seniors just in case the excitement is more than they can stand.
It,s time for you fuddy-duddy,s to think "Out Side the Box " the day of retail sales alone on main street is over .
misti muffin top

Rockmart, GA

#3 Jun 2, 2013
Look at the Dallas, Georgia square for an example of one that is thriving.
RollWay

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2013
misti muffin top wrote:
Look at the Dallas, Georgia square for an example of one that is thriving.
To look at it then I would have to visit it and I always go around downtown Dallas rather than through it.

Interesting name, "misti muffin top". No way would I touch that. But you go ahead, enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opinion: We need national standards on use of d... Sep 26 u go down on blue 2
News KSU graduate awarded Ph.D. in field of genetics Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Depression's stigma can be a barrier to African... Jul '16 lolayfsn 4
News The Fundamental Question About Trump: What's Wr... Jul '16 WasteWater 17
News Professor: Black College Students Fat Because O... (Apr '15) May '16 Three Days 9R 8
News Asheville Art Talk: Matt Tommey, not A typical ... May '16 Will Dockery 1
News Flowery Branch seniors Kelsey and Hannah McQuee... May '16 ddd 1
More from around the web