Whisk brings organic foods to Valdosta

Nov 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Valdosta Daily Times

Gracie Douglas moved to Miami three years ago due to her husband's job and was introduced to a new way of eating - organically.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2010
General

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Organic foods is for elitist's. It requires more acreage, and is less productive. A starving world can do without hippie commune gardens.
nobby

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Bitching about it on some small town forum is really gonna change things....way to be passive-aggressive!
sick and tired

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

General wrote:
Organic foods is for elitist's. It requires more acreage, and is less productive. A starving world can do without hippie commune gardens.
So lets eat saturated fats and prossed food the heart doctors will love that keep them in the money while we die of heart attacks,high colesteral and high blood pressure got to keep them field for tobacco so we dont lose are smokes. Shame on them for bringing in organic foods your food stamps dont buy that they want you to die young so you will save them billions. SHAME ON YOU!!! Your train of thought is why people in this town looks much older than what they are.
SusieQ

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

you know if you just stop and think a minute, you would realize that as children most of us never heard of all this sickness. People grew their own food,processed it and put it up. Now everything is prcessed and you can't recognize most of the ingredients. So organic sounds like the way to go to me, especially since home grown taste way better.
sick and tired

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

SusieQ wrote:
you know if you just stop and think a minute, you would realize that as children most of us never heard of all this sickness. People grew their own food,processed it and put it up. Now everything is prcessed and you can't recognize most of the ingredients. So organic sounds like the way to go to me, especially since home grown taste way better.
You said it sister!
ernie

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

Judged:

i like eating freid chiken and chitlens ,pork rids ,corn bread,smoking 3packs of malboro dayly plus a few beers to wash it down like to eat 2 bags of chips when i drink beer am 72 whent to docktor other day sayed i was healthy as a 25 year old ,am on no medication plus i run 2miles ever week he ran a lipod profile came back perfect,done stress test perfect two,so the bad foods didnt effect me so far i like southern fat cooking like old times eat there 3times a week also
Lol

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

I'm a doctor and I have never heard of the lipod profile. Interesting. You sound like you may be a little more lucky than smart, but to each his own.
Retired teacher

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

We grow our own veggies. We are lucky that we have the "know how" and the work ethic to do it. It's the best food ever. I can't get over how expensive "fresh" vegetables are at the grocery store. It is ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is how bad that stuff tastes. It is not really very fresh at all. Freshness is the key to delicious eating. "Eating in season" is how the old-timey people did it around here. Eat winter vegetables in cold weather and summer vegetables in hot weather. Any one who has room for a flowerbed can have room for a small vegetable garden instead. The satisfaction of putting your own food on the table is wonderful, not to mention the money you will save at the grocery store.
Nobby

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

In almost every taste test regular consumers and even professional chefs can't taste the difference in organic and conventional foods.
You think it tastes better because you WANT it to. Take a blind taste test yourself. There is also NO nutritional benefit in eating organic food.

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/nutri/matter...

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-food/orga...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_sty...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/08/what-are-t...
Retired teacher

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Our homegrown veggies don't really qualify as organic....organic vegetables are supposedly grown without chemical fertilizer or any kind of insecticide. Those with the organic label are far to expensive for average Americans to afford. Also, many of the veggies at the grocery store come from outside the U.S. and who knows if it is really organic?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Georgia Valdosta State Discussions

Search the University of Georgia Valdosta State Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Activists: State should end all Confederate mem... Jul 28 General Robert E Lee 82
Activists, supporters - Rally for KJ' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Oasis 2
Kingsland residents see how cops help community (Feb '11) Sep '13 kip 34
Prof making documentary on Blue Heron (Jun '11) Jul '13 reality 17
Interim President named for local technical col... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Natatarja 1
Chambliss: Military cuts will hurt Ga. bases (Aug '12) Aug '12 what is up 1
Albany State University welcomes staff for new ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Torrel king 1
•••
•••