Whisk brings organic foods to Valdosta

Whisk brings organic foods to Valdosta

There are 10 comments on the Valdosta Daily Times story from Nov 7, 2010, titled Whisk brings organic foods to Valdosta. In it, Valdosta Daily Times reports that:

Gracie Douglas moved to Miami three years ago due to her husband's job and was introduced to a new way of eating - organically.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Valdosta Daily Times.

General

Adel, GA

#1 Nov 8, 2010
Organic foods is for elitist's. It requires more acreage, and is less productive. A starving world can do without hippie commune gardens.
nobby

Ashburn, GA

#2 Nov 8, 2010
Bitching about it on some small town forum is really gonna change things....way to be passive-aggressive!
sick and tired

Donnellson, IA

#3 Nov 8, 2010
General wrote:
Organic foods is for elitist's. It requires more acreage, and is less productive. A starving world can do without hippie commune gardens.
So lets eat saturated fats and prossed food the heart doctors will love that keep them in the money while we die of heart attacks,high colesteral and high blood pressure got to keep them field for tobacco so we dont lose are smokes. Shame on them for bringing in organic foods your food stamps dont buy that they want you to die young so you will save them billions. SHAME ON YOU!!! Your train of thought is why people in this town looks much older than what they are.
SusieQ

Mingo, IA

#4 Nov 8, 2010
you know if you just stop and think a minute, you would realize that as children most of us never heard of all this sickness. People grew their own food,processed it and put it up. Now everything is prcessed and you can't recognize most of the ingredients. So organic sounds like the way to go to me, especially since home grown taste way better.
sick and tired

Donnellson, IA

#5 Nov 9, 2010
SusieQ wrote:
you know if you just stop and think a minute, you would realize that as children most of us never heard of all this sickness. People grew their own food,processed it and put it up. Now everything is prcessed and you can't recognize most of the ingredients. So organic sounds like the way to go to me, especially since home grown taste way better.
You said it sister!
ernie

Ocilla, GA

#6 Nov 10, 2010
i like eating freid chiken and chitlens ,pork rids ,corn bread,smoking 3packs of malboro dayly plus a few beers to wash it down like to eat 2 bags of chips when i drink beer am 72 whent to docktor other day sayed i was healthy as a 25 year old ,am on no medication plus i run 2miles ever week he ran a lipod profile came back perfect,done stress test perfect two,so the bad foods didnt effect me so far i like southern fat cooking like old times eat there 3times a week also
Lol

Mansfield, OH

#7 Dec 28, 2010
I'm a doctor and I have never heard of the lipod profile. Interesting. You sound like you may be a little more lucky than smart, but to each his own.
Retired teacher

United States

#8 Dec 28, 2010
We grow our own veggies. We are lucky that we have the "know how" and the work ethic to do it. It's the best food ever. I can't get over how expensive "fresh" vegetables are at the grocery store. It is ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is how bad that stuff tastes. It is not really very fresh at all. Freshness is the key to delicious eating. "Eating in season" is how the old-timey people did it around here. Eat winter vegetables in cold weather and summer vegetables in hot weather. Any one who has room for a flowerbed can have room for a small vegetable garden instead. The satisfaction of putting your own food on the table is wonderful, not to mention the money you will save at the grocery store.
Nobby

Kathleen, GA

#9 Dec 28, 2010
In almost every taste test regular consumers and even professional chefs can't taste the difference in organic and conventional foods.
You think it tastes better because you WANT it to. Take a blind taste test yourself. There is also NO nutritional benefit in eating organic food.

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/nutri/matter...

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-food/orga...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_sty...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/08/what-are-t...
Retired teacher

United States

#10 Dec 28, 2010
Our homegrown veggies don't really qualify as organic....organic vegetables are supposedly grown without chemical fertilizer or any kind of insecticide. Those with the organic label are far to expensive for average Americans to afford. Also, many of the veggies at the grocery store come from outside the U.S. and who knows if it is really organic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Valdosta State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 Surprising Variables That Explain a Trump Vo... Mar '16 Deathbed Inc 44
News Trump orders Secret Service to remove black stu... Mar '16 The Dude Imbibes 46
News Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer issues ch... (May '15) Jul '15 Miss Id 5
News Social media challenge: Stomp on U.S. flag, pos... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News Activists: State should end all Confederate mem... (Jul '14) Aug '14 NeoNazi1991 217
News Activists, supporters - Rally for KJ' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Oasis 2
News Kingsland residents see how cops help community (Feb '11) Sep '13 kip 34
More from around the web