Prof making documentary on Blue Heron

Jun 28, 2011 Full story: Observer 17

Move over, Michael Moore. The next great documentary will be filmed in Chautauqua County.

Full Story
hoover

Fredonia, NY

#1 Jun 29, 2011
nice coverage
ya know

Fredonia, NY

#2 Jun 29, 2011
well that ought to be very interesting....
Hopefully

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 29, 2011
I hope it's good, accurate, and it helps sell more tickets. I also hope unlike the last year or so, our local police have better things to do then to set up road checks to harass the festival goers, 4th amendment be damned.
A-Z-A

Fredonia, NY

#4 Jun 29, 2011
Hopefully wrote:
I hope it's good, accurate, and it helps sell more tickets. I also hope unlike the last year or so, our local police have better things to do then to set up road checks to harass the festival goers, 4th amendment be damned.
Thats right let them do the drugs and drive around screwed up, maybe even into the crowd. Get real, 4th ammendment does not provide for drugs. There is good music BUT is this publically funded or out of his own pocket/.
try it youll like it

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Jul 2, 2013
Why don't you watch the documentary and see what it's like...then you won't have to speculate any longer. It's airing on Mayville cable access this week.
Jin

Fredonia, NY

#6 Jul 7, 2013
It's a dirty hippie festival where needles are shared and babies are made.
Yep

Fredonia, NY

#7 Jul 7, 2013
Wazza is a turd
Wazza

Fredonia, NY

#8 Jul 7, 2013
Yep wrote:
Wazza is a turd
your full of shi*
Sherri

Fredonia, NY

#9 Jul 7, 2013
This reads as another FSU professor tells us what we should know and how we should think.
Joselle

Orchard Park, NY

#10 Jul 8, 2013
Hippie drug fest where festival goers use drugs, piss on each other, share needles, and spend days there because none of them work and someone is doing a documentary on that? What has this world come too?
Happy Camper

Fredonia, NY

#11 Jul 8, 2013
There is a lot of beer and pot, but it is definitely not a needle-fest. That is just ridiculously inflammatory.

I've attended more than ten times since the mid 1990's, and it is a peaceful, music and family oriented event. The vendors' wares are high quality, diverse and reasonably priced. The festival takes plac on a lovely piece of land and great efforts are made to maintain the property and recycle.

There are always drunken hippies and loud drum circles and parties that go on til dawn, but everyone I encounter is good-natured and respectful. It is one of a handful of really awesome things about the county that draws thousands of people to the area and dollars to the local economy.

If you don't like hippies and good times and good food and music then fine, maybe it isn't the place for you.

I'd be happy to show any of you around the festival next year and help you have a great time. There is truly something for everyone there.
asssss

Dunkirk, NY

#12 Jul 11, 2013
I can sure bet wanda white made her rounds with drugs and of course men
Jon

Fredonia, NY

#13 Jul 12, 2013
Maybe I will go next year and hand out sticks of deodorant and mints....oh and free haircuts :)
Happy Camper

Fredonia, NY

#14 Jul 13, 2013
Jon wrote:
Maybe I will go next year and hand out sticks of deodorant and mints....oh and free haircuts :)
You sound like you are a barrel of laughs in the sack!
smh

Schenectady, NY

#15 Jul 13, 2013
Happy Camper wrote:
There is a lot of beer and pot, but it is definitely not a needle-fest. That is just ridiculously inflammatory.
I've attended more than ten times since the mid 1990's, and it is a peaceful, music and family oriented event. The vendors' wares are high quality, diverse and reasonably priced. The festival takes plac on a lovely piece of land and great efforts are made to maintain the property and recycle.
There are always drunken hippies and loud drum circles and parties that go on til dawn, but everyone I encounter is good-natured and respectful. It is one of a handful of really awesome things about the county that draws thousands of people to the area and dollars to the local economy.
If you don't like hippies and good times and good food and music then fine, maybe it isn't the place for you.
I'd be happy to show any of you around the festival next year and help you have a great time. There is truly something for everyone there.
Agree with u its a nice relaxing place camping there is fun and definitely not what some people make it out to be.. what's more relaxing then putting a hammock up in the middle of the woods around a fire and kicking back with a group of friends...music and drum circle are amazing and they are always doing rounds cleaning up..smh how people make the place sound so bad
YoYo

Fredonia, NY

#16 Jul 13, 2013
Who cares, none of this matters in the real world.
reality

Fredonia, NY

#17 Jul 13, 2013
smh wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with u its a nice relaxing place camping there is fun and definitely not what some people make it out to be.. what's more relaxing then putting a hammock up in the middle of the woods around a fire and kicking back with a group of friends...music and drum circle are amazing and they are always doing rounds cleaning up..smh how people make the place sound so bad
Quit trying to relive the 60's,It's an era gone and it's never coming back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Valdosta State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Activists: State should end all Confederate mem... Aug '14 NeoNazi1991 218
Activists, supporters - Rally for KJ' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Oasis 2
Kingsland residents see how cops help community (Feb '11) Sep '13 kip 34
Interim President named for local technical col... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Natatarja 1
Chambliss: Military cuts will hurt Ga. bases (Aug '12) Aug '12 what is up 1
Albany State University welcomes staff for new ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Torrel king 1
Cowart named Publisher (Dec '11) Dec '11 T-Top 1

University of Georgia Valdosta State People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE