KSU student dies after passing out at...

KSU student dies after passing out at party

There are 13 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Feb 2, 2010, titled KSU student dies after passing out at party. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

A Kennesaw State University nursing student died Sunday morning after drinking until he passed out at a party the night before, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Jasmine

Marietta, GA

#1 Feb 2, 2010
I personally knew Dorian Varcianna, according to the artical "A memorial service is being held Tuesday night for Varcianna by the members of the Iota Theta chapter of Delta Tau Delta, the fraternity he joined just days before his death". Dorian innitiate into the fraturnity, as a Brother, in November. Dorian has been a Brother since the Fall Semester of 2009.
Ksu student

Kennesaw, GA

#2 Feb 4, 2010
I hope parties will not be allowed anymore in the dorms because the conditions in which this young fellow student died break my heart. I am so sad. May God console his family.
Ksu student

Kennesaw, GA

#3 Feb 4, 2010
Sorry about I said previously,it was apparently a off- campus party. May our friend rest in peace and may God console his family!
beverley

Ipswich, UK

#4 Feb 21, 2010
dorian was my little cusin he will be so missed by all the family in england rest in peace my baby cusin.
A student mother

Gainesville, GA

#5 Mar 18, 2010
These young freshman are being provided alcohol they are unable to handle. They do not understand the consequences and the older students providing the alcohol should take responsibility for seeing that these younger students are cared for after these parties. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! The younger students have not had enough experience drinking and this is the result of careless unexusable behavior on the part of the alcohol providers!!! These kids either end up in jail or dead!!! HELP THESE STUDENTS!!
matt

Lawrenceville, GA

#6 Mar 29, 2010
To all students,

I am an EMT paramedic student and my heartfelt wish goes out to the family and friends for the loss. Its tough to see tragedy like this but unfortunately I see this alot in my clinicals on ambulances. Hopefully this will be some sort of turning point in all the students lives that alcohol has to be handeled with strict moderation at the proper age and in the safest of environments. I do hope the lesson hits home... GOD bless all the student~~~ WAKE UP folks IT can happen to anyone...
Jeffrey L

Mcdonough, GA

#7 Apr 24, 2010
A student mother wrote:
The younger students have not had enough experience drinking...
This may be a fine reason that the drinking age should be moved back to 18 as it was in Georgia until the mid eighties if I remember right. First off, you're an adult at 18 as far as everyone but the liquor store is concerned. And, if you could start drinking legally at 18, you'd have some hope of getting experience in a safer environment- your last few months at home before college, rather than hiding at an underage drinking party and thinking, logically- "I'm thirsty, these vodka drinks just aren't big enough!" and then you're dead. Literally in this case.

I know the law isn't going to change because the initial change was, like the seat belt laws, open container laws, etc, tied to federal highway money. They said states without such law will not get this money they need and poof, laws are made. Another great example of federal control of local business and freedom which is entirely unconstitutional..but that's for another day.

Sad story here. Sorry the kid died. I'm sure everyone involved will be marked for life in some way or another.
Woah

Loganville, GA

#8 Apr 25, 2010
how sad:(
sickofit

Wheeling, WV

#9 Apr 25, 2010
so if i understand correctly, Jeffery L, you think the legal drinking age should be 18 so that kids heading off to college will have had enough experience drinking in a safe enviroment? you are just part of the problem!!!
Jeffrey L

Cartersville, GA

#10 Apr 26, 2010
Well, you can't argue with the law and the law allows for parents to allow their kids to drink on their own property at any age. I guess me and the law are part of the problem. I guess those ruffians at the general assembly built in a provision to irritate you personally. And, 18 is an adult for everything else. You can join the military at 17 but not have a beer? That sounds like a problem to me.
Richard

Woodstock, GA

#11 Jun 20, 2010
This is sad. I spent 5 years in college and 4 of those years I was in a local fraternity. It's a shame that so many don't step up and take responsibility for their actions and the actions of others. Yes we had parties and yes we had alcohol, but it is easier to be responsible in the first then accountable in the end. No drinking and driving. Know your limits and the limits of others. In my 5 years of college I only saw 1 case of someone getting alcohol poisoning (and this was not someone partying at one of our parties - open tailgating and the person didn't know their limits).
kitty

Acworth, GA

#12 Sep 20, 2010
this is truly sad..but it dosen't matter what the legal drinking age is there will always be somebody who does not know there limit and those around him won't be able to control them, so the lesson here is know your limit and know that anybody can be a victim

Since: Aug 10

Atlanta, GA

#13 Sep 25, 2010
My condolences, but wish young people would think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Kennewsaw State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zombie 101: KSU instructor appears in - The Wal... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Kennesaw mayor addresses growth, SunTrust Park,... (Feb '15) May '15 toots810 3
News Kennesaw, CID look to residents (Sep '14) Sep '14 truthhurts 1
News White House official speaks at Indianapolis hig... (May '14) May '14 barfininthesinkli... 1
News Form of New SPSU/KSU Consolidated University Be... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Georgia Tech Alum 1
News Bibb County Schools Mandarin Program Tentativel... (May '13) May '13 Brad 2
News Sanders steals spotlight in range of roles (Apr '13) Apr '13 411 and 41 2
More from around the web