Kenyan dies in US after accident

Kenyan dies in US after accident

There are 16 comments on the Financial Standard story from Nov 24, 2009, titled Kenyan dies in US after accident. In it, Financial Standard reports that:

A Kenyan man died after he was involved in an accident in the US. The man, who authorities identified as Samuel Kisaka Mwawasi, was driving home at about 3.15pm when his car veered off the road on Old National Highway, a few kilometres south of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, US.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Financial Standard.

ama

United States

#1 Nov 25, 2009
may god be upon him and his family

“The Constitution Rocks !!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 25, 2009
Maybe he was in the states to see his brother in the White House .
lighteredknot

Norman Park, GA

#3 Nov 26, 2009
kenstepp wrote:
Maybe he was in the states to see his brother in the White House .
My thoughts exactly.
Charlie

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2009
he was here to sign up for a welfare check
Conservative

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Nov 27, 2009
Damn, I thought it was you know who. Everyones favorite illegal kenyan.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 27, 2009
for a moment i thought something must have happened to obama,oh boy.
ralph

United States

#7 Nov 27, 2009
These fast moving cars in america is abit faster than having to move over to let an elephant go by.
Donnia Carter

Newnan, GA

#8 Nov 28, 2009
ACTUALLY he was a very hard working young man! A very good friend of mine. He worked harder than any man I have EVER met. He was not on welfare!!! He owned his own home and was very smart financially. So please we ask that you do not assume that because someone is from another country that they came here for a welfare check. Most of the people on it are born bread AMERICANS. Its said that I have to to say that, even with me being an American myself. But it is true.
RIP Samuel, we love and miss you dearly.
Conservative

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Nov 28, 2009
Donnia Carter wrote:
ACTUALLY he was a very hard working young man! A very good friend of mine. He worked harder than any man I have EVER met. He was not on welfare!!! He owned his own home and was very smart financially. So please we ask that you do not assume that because someone is from another country that they came here for a welfare check. Most of the people on it are born bread AMERICANS. Its said that I have to to say that, even with me being an American myself. But it is true.
RIP Samuel, we love and miss you dearly.
That is a sad truth
pat

Atlanta, GA

#10 Nov 28, 2009
All i can say is that he was the kindest guy i ever met and he had a bright smile that could lift my spirit when i was sad. God must have wanted him in heaven with him to spare him the harsh cruel world we live in. We have lost a wonderful young man who had a vision and dreams even to fight for a country that was not his. He was planning to join the military. So before you post nasty comments on here please think twice.My prayers and condolenses go out to his family and friends.RIP samuel.
Cliff

Atlanta, GA

#11 Nov 29, 2009
All I ask is WHY is it that in the headlines they feel they need to bother mentioning that this man is Kenyan?
Rose kB

Greece

#12 Nov 30, 2009
It's sad that some of you don't even feel the need to say sorry for a fellow man how has died in such a tragic way. What bothers you is that he was a Kenyan. If he was your brother ,would you feel sorry for him? Shame on you.
michele Jonesboro Ga

Atlanta, GA

#13 Dec 2, 2009
He was a very sweet young man...He was my neighbor when he was a few years younger....He had a beautiful smile and was always caring and giving..........He was a good friend and will be truly missed
Omnabi

Kenya

#14 Dec 2, 2009
Sad,so sad.I can just picture his sobbing family waiting at the Jomo Kenyatta international airport to collect his remains in a nice flag rapped coffin.So sad for his family and Kenya as well.Kenya needs the skills and expertise of such people.Can you imagine we're facing an acute shortage of health workers,engineers etc.And when Kenyan expatriates with such skills die,our problems are compounded.

“Up Front”

Since: Jul 08

Marietta, GA

#15 Dec 2, 2009
Cliff wrote:
All I ask is WHY is it that in the headlines they feel they need to bother mentioning that this man is Kenyan?
Easy. If they would not have done that, then this piece on Topix wouldn't have gotten riled up!
joker

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2009
Cliff wrote:
That's exactly what I was was thinking.
Racial profiling rocks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Kennewsaw State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kennesaw mayor addresses growth, SunTrust Park,... May '15 toots810 3
News Kennesaw, CID look to residents (Sep '14) Sep '14 truthhurts 1
News White House official speaks at Indianapolis hig... (May '14) May '14 barfininthesinkli... 1
News Form of New SPSU/KSU Consolidated University Be... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Georgia Tech Alum 1
News Bibb County Schools Mandarin Program Tentativel... (May '13) May '13 Brad 2
News Sanders steals spotlight in range of roles (Apr '13) Apr '13 411 and 41 2
News Hit-and-Run Driver Strikes Kennesaw State Unive... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Michelle 3
More from around the web