Illegal immigration and college tuiti...

Illegal immigration and college tuition: States make their own rules

There are 2 comments on the www.latimes.com story from May 16, 2011, titled Illegal immigration and college tuition: States make their own rules. In it, www.latimes.com reports that:

The tuition battle has grown, in part, because of a lack of action by Congress. The federal government holds jurisdiction over immigration law, and a 1982 Supreme Court ruling mandated that states provide illegal immigrants with access to K-12 education in public schools. But the absence of a comprehensive federal immigration plan has given states relatively free rein to impose their own rules on issues such as who can attend public colleges, and at what rates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.latimes.com.

American Eagle

La Puente, CA

#1 May 16, 2011
It's not a lack of a comprehensive immigration plan, it's a lack of enforcing the laws already on the books.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 May 16, 2011
where's the supreme court?

my guess... they have been bought off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Kennewsaw State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kennesaw mayor addresses growth, SunTrust Park,... (Feb '15) May '15 toots810 3
News Kennesaw, CID look to residents (Sep '14) Sep '14 truthhurts 1
News White House official speaks at Indianapolis hig... (May '14) May '14 barfininthesinkli... 1
News Form of New SPSU/KSU Consolidated University Be... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Georgia Tech Alum 1
News Bibb County Schools Mandarin Program Tentativel... (May '13) May '13 Brad 2
News Sanders steals spotlight in range of roles (Apr '13) Apr '13 411 and 41 2
News Hit-and-Run Driver Strikes Kennesaw State Unive... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Michelle 3
More from around the web