Bibb County Schools Mandarin Program Tentatively Saved

There are 2 comments on the GPB.org story from May 10, 2013, titled Bibb County Schools Mandarin Program Tentatively Saved. In it, GPB.org reports that:

Instructor Huiling Li works with second-grader Trinity Faulkner on the first day of Mandarin Chinese classes at Brookdale Elementary School in Macon Bibb County's Mandarin Chinese program, which put the school system in the national spotlight, could be saved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GPB.org.

Tony

Macon, GA

#1 May 10, 2013
I figued as much.

Makes sense, since it's Bibb county, and he whole idea is a total, absolute waste of money.

Should be an elective, and funded seperately.

They are talking about getting rid of counselors, but keeping forigners?

Past ridiculous.
Brad

Macon, GA

#2 May 11, 2013
It says the university o Kennesaw is paying for the few teachers for this program. I agree it should be an elective. Thi is something that should ot be forced on Americans. I can understand Spanish, but a specific form of chineese shapes as language, mandatory in the US?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Georgia Kennewsaw State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kennesaw mayor addresses growth, SunTrust Park,... May 1 toots810 3
News Kennesaw, CID look to residents (Sep '14) Sep '14 truthhurts 1
News White House official speaks at Indianapolis hig... (May '14) May '14 barfininthesinkli... 1
News Form of New SPSU/KSU Consolidated University Be... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Georgia Tech Alum 1
News Sanders steals spotlight in range of roles (Apr '13) Apr '13 411 and 41 2
News Hit-and-Run Driver Strikes Kennesaw State Unive... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Michelle 3
News Illegal immigrant grad's deportation delayed again (May '12) May '12 zman 2
More from around the web