Albany city leaders focus on downtown

Oct 12, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WALB-TV Albany

The future of downtown Albany remains fuzzy but city leaders hope to bring it into focus with the help of focus groups.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2

Since: Feb 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

The So Called City Leaders.have had long enough to focus on downtown.There focus was on taking money from tax payers,or covering up for those who did,or still are.As a Tax payer,i feel that the whole crew,with the exception of Mr. Howard be rmoved,and new ones brought in,as with adica.Go to some of the meetings Mr. Howard has.He is one who cares about Albany.And in my view would make a great mayor.I know he would be better than the one who is in there now.I am one who will not only say what i have to say here,but i will say it to there faces.More people need to do that.Let them know they can not keep up doing what they are doing.Start with Alfred Lott.This is not a man of his word.I speak from the heart here.I know.And the Mayor,well if you try to get him,all you get is a call from Alfred.And beleave me he will say he talked with you for over and hour,when it was reall maybe 10 min. if that long.Also from experince with him.2 years have gone past since my Mother died.Till this day,no invetagation,Only people lieing.When the police do try and do there job,they have people to answer to,bring in the Mayor,and Alfred (i did nt know about all this)Lott.And when asked to take a lie det. Test at my expense,Guess what.Not a No,but a more less Hell No.So what do they have to hide.I say make them all take a lie det. test,Drug test.They are not better than anyone else in Albany.And all the stuff you hear about Albnay that the Mayor is so conerned about that Atlanta people are talking about Albany,Well everyone is talking About Albany.When you have this much corruption in the city officals,who do you go to?Also,i read where someone was upset because people are going to Atlanta for Lawyers.I speak from experiance here also,you have to.If you try and get one in Albany,to go against albany,or it s officals,they say they cant(the Lawyers here).Whay? Conflict of intrest.When you take a oath,for any city,county,judge,lawyer,it s for the people.To protect them.But most think about the all mighty dollar.Not what is right or wrong.I dont mind paying for a good lawyer,but not at the price of my best intrest.People here have lost jobs,homes,familys have split up.And you think the city cares,not.They get payed anyway.Just look around at some of the people in high positions,getting charged with crimes,but getting payed leave.Why not just give them leave,and if it comes out that they are not charged with the crime,then go back and give them back pay.But untill it goes to court,let them see how hard it is for honest people to make it.I know things are not like they use to be in the old days,but that is alot of all of our faults.We keep letting people we know are doing wrong run this city.Untill we get the dead beats out.Albany will be considered Aganoey Ga.When voting time comes around,be smart,dont chose because of reace.how much money people have.But on what they have to offer.Look at Mr Pike.In a heart beat i would vote for him,if i was in that district.He has a vision.And i think a darn good one.One more thing before i shut up.Dont put race as an issues.That is what Goverment wants.They would love to see all of us fighting against one another.That keeps them going.It s likes a junkies fix.They see it growiing and they want more and more.Dont let them do this to Albany.Use your good sense,you know,the one God gave you.Make albany a place where people would love to come back to and live.It can be done!All it takes is all of us comming togehter.And just incase someone would like to call me a racest,forget it.Im white and proud of it.And i have many black friends,and friends of other colors,and religions.God made all of us.In his image.Get to know your neighbors,have block parties,or yards sales with the whole commuity.Involve eveyone around you.Who knows,you may just make a great friend for life..Ok,i ll shut up for now.God Bless.
Good Idea

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

On the one point at least, I agree that the City Manager and ALL city employees should be drug tested regularly, immediately and without advanced notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Georgia Albany State Discussions

Search the University of Georgia Albany State Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Journal of Electronic Materials Announces New E... Jul 3 georgenardis 1
Albany State University welcomes staff for new ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Torrel king 1
Eva Mae Green Washington (Jan '12) Jan '12 real bigT 1
Former APD and ASU officer arrested for child m... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Mike 2
Thumbs Up! - Dec. 6, 2010 (Dec '10) Dec '10 monica jones 1
Historian to speak on Albany Movement (Aug '10) Aug '10 zeldo 2
Georgia Colleges Still Segregated, NAACP Says (Apr '10) Apr '10 Boogie Beater 11
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••