Experts say new international bridge won't cost Michigan taxpayers

There are 1 comment on the Detroit Free Press story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Experts say new international bridge won't cost Michigan taxpayers. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Claims that have bombarded Michigan voters for months that taxpayers will be stuck with the bill for a multi-billion dollar bridge to Canada are not based in reality, said three independent law professors asked by the Free Press to review an international Crossing Agreement signed in June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

CarolO

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Sep 25, 2012
Is Canada also going to pay for the 40 homes, churches and businesses that will have to be purchased on this side for the bridge? Or the road construction, wages of contractors, wages of toll takers, upkeep, permits, licenses and lawyers?

We have overcrowded schools, cops and firemen laid off but have money for a bridge? And all the while Snyder wants us to get rid of Unions, vote no on the wind turbines that would hire workers?

I have talked to Canadians and altho they would like less traffic on the current bridge, they do not want to get stuck with the cost of this bridge. I guess Snyder does not care about our friendship we have had with Canada all these years as long as he gets his way.

I vote NO on Prosposal 1 and Yes and all of the others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Detroit Mercy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young people tackle re-imagining and redefining... (Aug '12) Mar '14 Christabel 3
News Detroit freeways cleared neighborhoods and a pa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jay 2
News Sex trade victim in Michigan gets chance at cit... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Economic Genius 12
News Big pension payouts threatened by Detroit crisis (Jul '13) Jul '13 bensleys view 1
News Wayne County Circuit Judge McCree faces fight f... (May '13) May '13 Pete 2
News The truth about snake oil? (Apr '13) Apr '13 kev 2
News Snyder: Michigan Needs More Immigrants (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dee Dee Dee 14
More from around the web