Analysis: Pope's comments add to deba...

Analysis: Pope's comments add to debate on condoms

There are 2 comments on the Today's 6 story from Nov 20, 2010, titled Analysis: Pope's comments add to debate on condoms. In it, Today's 6 reports that:

With his striking comment on condoms and AIDS, Pope Benedict XVI has started a new chapter in the complex church debate about morality and preventing the spread of HIV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Today's 6.

Right Wing Lunatic

Garden City, NY

#1 Nov 22, 2010
"In the book, the pope also reaffirms church teaching that sex should be between a married man and woman and that artificial contraception blocks God's plan for bringing life into the world."

I have several points the pope should consider:

1. Birth control pills are not necessary used for birth control. My wish is for the pope to have abdominal cramps so bad that he rolls around on the floor for 11 hours. My other wish is for him to become anemic and weak, despite eating large amounts of red meat. My third wish is for him to have headaches so severe he vomits.

2. There is no biblical basis for the pope to say a married couple shouldn't use birth control. When the Apostle Paul told the Christians to be fruitful and multiply, that didn't mean for every married couple to start breeding like rabbits. Parenting is not for everybody. Because women weren't allowed to own property back then, it was necessary for a woman's survival to give birth to a male heir. That was society's way of taking care of widowed women.
William E Bobb

Hilliard, OH

#2 Nov 22, 2010
Trojan? Isn't that an USC college football player?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dayton Police investigate string of car break-ins (Oct '16) Oct '16 Bloomp 1
News Debunking the 'home-state advantage' and other ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Cat74 2
News Scholar pens book on issues stirred from Hazlet... (Apr '16) Apr '16 liberal media is ... 7
News Fourth graders showed off entrepreneurship (May '15) May '15 The Duke of Hazard 1
News Actor, Ohio native Sheen to receive honorary de... (May '15) May '15 General Cumdumpster 1
News University of Dayton Chapel (Jun '14) Jun '14 Reading Masturbation 2
News Computer keyboard. (Jun '14) Jun '14 Net Nut 1
More from around the web