Book about Islam required reading for...

Book about Islam required reading for UD freshmen

There are 19 comments on the www.daytondailynews.com story from Jul 27, 2009, titled Book about Islam required reading for UD freshmen. In it, www.daytondailynews.com reports that:

More than 1,700 incoming University of Dayton students are required to read "War on Error: Real Stories of American Muslims" before they arrive on campus Aug ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.daytondailynews.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jul 27, 2009
"... Moezzi’s book will serve as the basis for a series of student dialogues on the issue of diversity and differences ...

'I hope that they’ll be able to see a human side of Islam and not a politicized version of it, which obviously we all get too much of,' Moezzi said ..."

"politicized version"?

But will students see the truth abt Islam in all the poltical correctness?
trev

Carshalton, UK

#2 Jul 27, 2009
Islam is political. It ciovers every aspect of life and there is no separation of the state from religion in islam. It is the worst form of totalitarian dictatorship.
Native

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2009
Trev
islam is satans religion
trev wrote:
Islam is political. It ciovers every aspect of life and there is no separation of the state from religion in islam. It is the worst form of totalitarian dictatorship.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2009
it will show the students how retarded the religion is.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Jul 27, 2009
You can require certain reading...but you cannot force people to agree with your take on it.
It is human nature to resist anything that is forced upon them,...that will be the first turn off to the kids...
The second turn off will be the oppressive nature of Islam. College kids do not care for anything that is going to oppress their ideas....
By making the kids read it, they are defeating themselves.
Xcaliber

Martinsville, NJ

#8 Jul 27, 2009
Islam shows how depraved human beings can be. After all, Muslims worship Mohammad who was a serial killer disguised as a prophet. Even if you don't believe in Jesus and believe the New Testament is nothing but a fairy tale, at least Jesus taught to love thy neighbor and do no harm. What does the Quran and Mo teach? ANSWER: The opposite of what Jesus taught. Mohammad was nothing more than a self-promoting sand pirate of Satan and the Quran is his evil manual.
Nadir

Buffalo Grove, IL

#9 Jul 27, 2009
Islam is actually a very peaceful religion, Muslims that follow principals of Islam and of that are real Muslim's lead a very clean and good lifestyle.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#10 Jul 28, 2009
Nadir wrote:
Islam is actually a very peaceful religion ...
As peaceful as the Morrish invasion of Spain, and later France? Or the many wars in the ME?

The stories posted on this forum show that Islam is anything but peaceful.
Cool Moe DD

Massapequa, NY

#11 Jul 28, 2009
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
As peaceful as the Morrish invasion of Spain, and later France? Or the many wars in the ME?
The stories posted on this forum show that Islam is anything but peaceful.
so the xtians had their centuries of violence, now its the muslims turn, fair is fair...
rezasantorini

Skokie, IL

#12 Jul 28, 2009
Nadir wrote:
Islam is actually a very peaceful religion, Muslims that follow principals of Islam and of that are real Muslim's lead a very clean and good lifestyle.
Then tell that to those who are creating the havoc that they are creating.

I've checked out and validated most of the postings on thereligionofpeace.com

I'm not finding a clean and good lifestyle. I'm finding control issues and lack of respect for others. Neither of which are clean or good.
Az Zaqqum

Prescott, AZ

#13 Jul 28, 2009
I think they should read my book, the humor of islam...and find out why laughing too much is forbidden ;)

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#16 Jul 30, 2009
Cool Moe DD wrote:
<quoted text>
so the xtians had their centuries of violence, now its the muslims turn, fair is fair...
Now it’s the Muslims turn?

Christianity started out non-violent, then started sponsoring violence but now not longer supports violence.

Islam was been violent since Muhammad got his first taste of power and it has never stopped.
analyze zionism1741

Spring Hill, FL

#20 Dec 23, 2009
please see OVERCOMING ZIONISM by Joel Kovel , BEYOND CHUTPAH and the HOLOCAUST INDUSTRY by Norman Finklestein and SUPERMOB by Gus Russo .
John Galt

Dayton, OH

#22 Dec 23, 2009
Mohammad is Satan. Muslims are the most sexually hung up people on earth. They can't even stand to see women's skin. Women can't talk to a male that isn't a relative and the perv males want 72 little virgin girls when they die.
Constitutionalis t

Springfield, OH

#23 Dec 23, 2009
U.D. isn't the only university in Ohio. Parents who are more than likely paying for or co-signing for loans should stick to their principles and not allow their child to attend U.D or any university that promotes a cirriculum that opposes their values.

Likewise alumni should withhold donations.

The universities are yours not theirs. Without you attending and alumni contributing they wouldn't exist.

People have to stop being sheep and accepting those things they disagree with. It's not censorship, it's selecting a university that holds the same values as you.
AOL Eagle

AOL

#24 Dec 23, 2009
Very sad! Their tentacles are reaching out across the world. Peaceful, maybe some of them!

“I love my total freedom..do u?”

Since: Nov 08

Jellystone National Park.

#25 Dec 23, 2009
Has anyone read the book ... and what it entails?

Wonder if it mentions everything - Q+H+F=S.????

Of course they can write these things.. they are in the USA... a country that has freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of pretty much everything... just like my country.

Would it be the same if they were living in oh lets say Iran, Iraq, KSA etc today??? Would a person who is of the christian faith or any other faith bar Islam, be able to have it published and have it a must read in their uni's??? I think not.

What has this book got to do with their uni studies anyway?
The Old Cold Warrior

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Dec 23, 2009
How about those "You Tube" beheading, beating, burning, bombing, shooting and stoning videos? For the sake of diversity in the university, they ought to test Moozlum moderate tolerance by drawing or reprinting and posting Mohammed cartoons and then try to reason with the goons and loons. I mean, they have fun with guns and don't listen to the beggin' and bitchin' of the women and Christians.
The Old Cold Warrior

Cincinnati, OH

#27 Dec 23, 2009
If they try to sell too much Antioch College knowlege, they will also go bankrupt and broke and have to close, because Christian parents and students who still pray will not willingly pay for this nonsense, wondering where common sense has went.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fourth graders showed off entrepreneurship May '15 The Duke of Hazard 1
News Actor, Ohio native Sheen to receive honorary de... May '15 General Cumdumpster 1
News University of Dayton Chapel (Jun '14) Jun '14 Reading Masturbation 2
News Computer keyboard. (Jun '14) Jun '14 Net Nut 1
News Air Force boosts Ohio college's minorities program (May '14) May '14 Net Nut 1
News Multicultural Dayton: Educator Adil Baguirov (Apr '14) Apr '14 Literature Lover 1
News Kettering Judge Robert Moore died Saturday, Jan... (Feb '14) Apr '14 ToReal39 6
More from around the web