Studies Look at Public, Media Percept...

Studies Look at Public, Media Perception of Marriage Parity

There are 5 comments on the EDGEdallas.com News Feed story from Aug 17, 2010, titled Studies Look at Public, Media Perception of Marriage Parity. In it, EDGEdallas.com News Feed reports that:

The very idea of putting the rights of gay and lesbian families to a popular vote, a la Proposition 8, smacks less of objective rationales than of ideological gamesmanship, but there has been little scholarly data to support the gut-level sense that the issue is susceptible to spin over reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEdallas.com News Feed.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 17, 2010
Is this article trying to be ... objective? I reject everything now that pretends there is anything to "debate" about sexual orientation. I am extremely firm about this. If you start the "choice" bullshit, you get tuned out and regarded as a child who is not mature enough to discuss these things intelligently. I will not be changing that perspective.

NOWHERE ELSE WITH ANY OTHER ISSUE in modern society -- that has to do with people and their experience -- do so many people disregard and ignore the source, pretending (in effect) that millions of homosexuals must be lying about their orientation, all of them, in some worldwide plot to foist "evil" upon the populace.

Where orientation is discussed, with many people, logic and reason fly straight out the window, and they do so IMMEDIATELY. I rarely have those conversation anymore, and I *NEVER, NEVER, NEVER* have them anymore for the benefit of the person I am challenging, but for the benefit of third parties watching or reading separately.
Not duped

Grove City, PA

#2 Aug 17, 2010
Swimming and will keep swimming, getting marvelously stronger all the while... because I refuse to be railroaded by gay pressure and general obnoxious behavior (name-calling) into going against my beliefs and the beliefs of my forefathers. I'm proud to stand with those who can be counted as having strong morals and a backbone. When gays start realizing that they REALLY ARE attempting to rewrite humanity's moral code, maybe then they can have at least a grudging respect for those who can stand by their convictions. That will raise the level of maturity of gays to a point where this will feel more like a debate and less like a damn-the-torpedoes-and-anyone- who disagrees-with-us attack. And the underhanded "use the media to change people" tactic makes us feel that indoctrination is going on. Think what kind of people do that. Just keep in mind who started this fight. Why are on earth would you be surprised that some people (most people) desire a different outcome?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Aug 17, 2010
Not duped wrote:
Swimming and will keep swimming, getting marvelously stronger all the while... because I refuse to be railroaded by gay pressure and general obnoxious behavior (name-calling) into going against my beliefs and the beliefs of my forefathers. I'm proud to stand with those who can be counted as having strong morals and a backbone. When gays start realizing that they REALLY ARE attempting to rewrite humanity's moral code, maybe then they can have at least a grudging respect for those who can stand by their convictions. That will raise the level of maturity of gays to a point where this will feel more like a debate and less like a damn-the-torpedoes-and-anyone- who disagrees-with-us attack. And the underhanded "use the media to change people" tactic makes us feel that indoctrination is going on. Think what kind of people do that. Just keep in mind who started this fight. Why are on earth would you be surprised that some people (most people) desire a different outcome?
Drowning.... Sorry, you can't be saved.

“I'm not gay, I'm celisexual!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 18, 2010
Not duped wrote:
God Bless you, Dusty.

Reading your post makes me want to sing "God Bless America" while eating apple pie and fantasizing about good old Ronnie Reagan.
His Own

Fairfield, OH

#5 Aug 18, 2010
Not duped wrote:
Amen - But I am afraid that this is the future Of our nation. I see homosexuals having exactly what they want befor the Lord return. They will win the small battles, but it will cost them eternity - very sad when one thinks about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump administration ending Hondurans' special ... May 5 spytheweb 1
News Dayton Police investigate string of car break-ins (Oct '16) Oct '16 Bloomp 1
News Debunking the 'home-state advantage' and other ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Cat74 2
News Scholar pens book on issues stirred from Hazlet... (Apr '16) Apr '16 liberal media is ... 7
News Fourth graders showed off entrepreneurship (May '15) May '15 The Duke of Hazard 1
News Actor, Ohio native Sheen to receive honorary de... (May '15) May '15 General Cumdumpster 1
News University of Dayton Chapel (Jun '14) Jun '14 Reading Masturbation 2