Student who 'glitter bombed' Romney fired from Colo. legislature internship

There are 20 comments on the 9NEWS story from Feb 10, 2012, titled Student who 'glitter bombed' Romney fired from Colo. legislature internship. In it, 9NEWS reports that:

The college student who threw glitter at Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in Denver on Tuesday night was fired from an internship at the Colorado legislature Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 9NEWS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Its Eaiser to fool people than”

Since: Sep 11

convince them they are a fool

#1 Feb 10, 2012
See that..One more unemployed in Obamas honor..
From the article

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
See that..One more unemployed in Obamas honor..
From the article:

"Twenty-year-old Peter Lucas Smith talked with 9NEWS about the glitter-bombing, which he says was intended to show solidarity with Ken Mehlman, Mark Foley, Mary Cheney, Jim Kolbe and gay republicans everywhere."

I fail to see what Obama had to do with it?

#3 Feb 10, 2012
From the article wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article:
"Twenty-year-old Peter Lucas Smith talked with 9NEWS about the glitter-bombing, which he says was intended to show solidarity with Ken Mehlman, Mark Foley, Mary Cheney, Jim Kolbe and gay republicans everywhere."
Ok..Explain this comment.
"Smith is a University of Colorado Denver student and had an unpaid internship working in the press office of the state Senate Democrats."

Why would he be interning in the democratic office ? That doesn't say gay republican to me..He could be Gay..But certainly his political affiliation is in question here..I really think its pretty clear..Get busted and claim to be a republican.. Typical Obama democratic maneuver..
From the article

United States

#4 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Ok..Explain this comment.
"Smith is a University of Colorado Denver student and had an unpaid internship working in the press office of the state Senate Democrats."
Why would he be interning in the democratic office ? That doesn't say gay republican to me..He could be Gay..But certainly his political affiliation is in question here..I really think its pretty clear..Get busted and claim to be a republican.. Typical Obama democratic maneuver..
Blame Obama for everything. Typical gay republican ploy.
Not to worry anyway. You limp wristed republicans will have 4 more years of that big black member in the White House shoving it up your butts.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Ok..Explain this comment.
Where in story does it say what Peter Lucas Smith political affiliation is?

#6 Feb 10, 2012
From the article wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame Obama for everything. Typical gay republican ploy.
Not to worry anyway. You limp wristed republicans will have 4 more years of that big black member in the White House shoving it up your butts.
Well arent you a funny little flip flopper. First you support the Glitter fairy and now you call us limp wrist-ed Like its an insult..So which is it..Is that an insult ??Or are you gay ? Added a little racism for the perverted members too didnt ya..Typical obama supporter. And again , why would a republican be VOLUNTEERING AT THE STATE DEMOCRATIC office for his internship..Thats like the black panthers interning at the KKK main office..LMAO...

#7 Feb 10, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in story does it say what Peter Lucas Smith political affiliation is?
"Interning for free" at the state demoncratic office...What do you think ??? You dont have to be a college grad to see this one. Did you read it ? iS IT NOT OBVIOUS TO YOU ?Cause that might be getting closer to our problems Jammer..

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 10, 2012
From the article wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article:
Take Mary Cheney out of it and your left with a bunch of closet gay republicans. That's the point,All these men would NEVER have won their elections with out gay bashing while sneaking around sucking male members on the side.

It's the closeted gay republican hypocrites dude.
From the article

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text> Well arent you a funny little flip flopper. First you support the Glitter fairy and now you call us limp wrist-ed Like its an insult..So which is it..Is that an insult ??Or are you gay ? Added a little racism for the perverted members too didnt ya..Typical obama supporter. And again , why would a republican be VOLUNTEERING AT THE STATE DEMOCRATIC office for his internship..Thats like the black panthers interning at the KKK main office..LMAO...
He was volunteering there because he is a gay republican shill. Doh!
I don't know where you came up with the racism bit? You must be projecting. As for myself I'm a gay insulter. Why are you blaming the black panthers for this anyway? I thought you said it was Obama's fault?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>"Interning for free" at the state demoncratic office...What do you think ??? You dont have to be a college grad to see this one. Did you read it ? iS IT NOT OBVIOUS TO YOU ?Cause that might be getting closer to our problems Jammer..
Internships are most always done for NO pay. He was getting collage credits as payment.
From the article

United States

#11 Feb 10, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take Mary Cheney out of it and your left with a bunch of closet gay republicans. That's the point,All these men would NEVER have won their elections with out gay bashing while sneaking around sucking male members on the side.
It's the closeted gay republican hypocrites dude.
I agree entirely.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#12 Feb 10, 2012
From the article wrote:
<quoted text>
He was volunteering there because he is a gay republican shill. Doh!
I don't know where you came up with the racism bit? You must be projecting. As for myself I'm a gay insulter. Why are you blaming the black panthers for this anyway? I thought you said it was Obama's fault?
Only thing that make sense is that sniper is a closeted gay republican hypocrite. Gay bashers are most always scared of them own sexual orientation.
From the article

United States

#13 Feb 10, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only thing that make sense is that sniper is a closeted gay republican hypocrite. Gay bashers are most always scared of them own sexual orientation.
:)
I think he's a raciest too. Time for me to get ready for work, have fun.

#14 Feb 10, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAOFF.......Far from Gay jammer Demtard..Theres a hell of a lot of women that would tell you "not a chance in hell"..Im homophobic..I can tell you stories..Lmao..Too funny.

#15 Feb 10, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Internships are most always done for NO pay. He was getting collage credits as payment.
You are deflecting the point..Who cares if it was paid or free..ITS AT STATE DEMTARD CENTRAL..HA HA HA HA HE volunteered at demtard central.. Again "deflector " he couldn't possibly be a republican speaking on behalf of republicans if he was a devoted democrat volunteer..Thats just stupid..On the other hand ???
Aggie Nostic

Denver, CO

#19 Feb 10, 2012
Well, I guess we know who Jammer really is. Any attempt to sound "reasonable" on other threads has now been trashed, Jammer. I will be happy to repost that comment every time you post. As for the troll, well, he's just doing what trolls do- deflecting and thinking it makes him/her look intelligent. The left is such an ANGRY bunch. Btw, for a little enlightenment, Jammer, you might visit Gayrepublicans.org one of the best websites to talk politics I have been on.

On topic, the young man is a Democrat, an interns for the Democrat Party. And no, most internships are NOT unpaid, but it figures an internship with Democrats would be. It isn't worth anything. My daughters have interned at several jobs while at CU and have always made $10 tp $15 p/hr. But then again, they were worth it.

I attended UCD as well, and it is a very liberal environment. Not to say that all who go there are as dumb as this kid- his explanation for lobbing a projectile at a presidential candidate was moronic. "it's just me". I will bet his parents are proud.

You would never see a young Republican do something so disrespectful. And if they did, it would be unacceptable, not an excuse to be nasty. It was "just" a glitter bomb, and Romney handled it fine, but nobody knew what it was when it was thrown.

Liberals show their true colors again, here and there.
Observer

United States

#21 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>LMAOFF.......Far from Gay jammer Demtard..Theres a hell of a lot of women that would tell you "not a chance in hell"..Im homophobic..I can tell you stories..Lmao..Too funny.
Sounds like calling you gay really strikes a nerve eh?
I wonder why that is?

#22 Feb 10, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like calling you gay really strikes a nerve eh?
I wonder why that is?
Doesnt strike any of mine Pal. Just makes you look like a retarded punk..Just so you know..I dont want to be rude but I probably wont respond to your high school comments and attitude..Im only responding to this one out of politeness..Did your parents explain that to you..Manners ?? Its a terrible thing to waste..

#23 Feb 10, 2012
Aggie Nostic wrote:
Well, I guess we know who Jammer really is. Any attempt to sound "reasonable" on other threads has now been trashed, Jammer. I will be happy to repost that comment every time you post. As for the troll, well, he's just doing what trolls do- deflecting and thinking it makes him/her look intelligent. The left is such an ANGRY bunch. Btw, for a little enlightenment, Jammer, you might visit Gayrepublicans.org one of the best websites to talk politics I have been on.
On topic, the young man is a Democrat, an interns for the Democrat Party. And no, most internships are NOT unpaid, but it figures an internship with Democrats would be. It isn't worth anything. My daughters have interned at several jobs while at CU and have always made $10 tp $15 p/hr. But then again, they were worth it.
I attended UCD as well, and it is a very liberal environment. Not to say that all who go there are as dumb as this kid- his explanation for lobbing a projectile at a presidential candidate was moronic. "it's just me". I will bet his parents are proud.
You would never see a young Republican do something so disrespectful. And if they did, it would be unacceptable, not an excuse to be nasty. It was "just" a glitter bomb, and Romney handled it fine, but nobody knew what it was when it was thrown.
Liberals show their true colors again, here and there.
I agree 100%...That kid is damn lucky the secret service didnt just waste him instead. They have every right to shoot you for that..That could be the dumbest think since John hinkley..In fact they should blast one of them just for an example..At least a little Tazing...
Observer

United States

#24 Feb 10, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Doesnt strike any of mine Pal. Just makes you look like a retarded punk..Just so you know..I dont want to be rude but I probably wont respond to your high school comments and attitude..Im only responding to this one out of politeness..Did your parents explain that to you..Manners ?? Its a terrible thing to waste..
Thanks for proving my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Colorado Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds rally, seek end to strikes on Gaza (Jul '14) Jul '14 Garry Ackerman 2
News Fake drugs bought on the web pose big health risks (Jan '10) Jun '14 Thaddus 23
News Rheumatologist chat: Get answers to your health... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jenn 1
News Depression diagnoses decline after FDA warning (Jun '09) Jan '14 Lori 3
News New Colorado? Rural voters approve secession idea (Nov '13) Nov '13 Who 44
News Gene Test Leads To Targeted Cancer Treatment (Aug '08) Sep '13 Emmanuel 2
News Many antipsychotic users not getting needed tests (Jan '10) Aug '13 Simpson 2
More from around the web