High-sugar diet increases men's blood pressure; gout drug protective

Sep 23, 2009 Full story: Science Blog

A high-fructose diet raises blood pressure in men, while a drug used to treat gout seems to protect against the blood pressure increase, according to research reported at the American Heart Association's 63rd High Blood Pressure Research Conference.

Full Story
John Smith

Westmead, Australia

#1 Sep 24, 2009
This article does not reveal the nature of this said 'fructose' that was fed in the experiments.

Fructose is not found in nature in isolation. Pure Fructose is the product of science and the laboratory.

The best sources of fructose are those from nature that are in balance with other sugars. In that form they are not only health promoting, they are essential to liver function and life itself.

If mice are fed natural honey, not only do they not develop all these metabolic syndrome symptoms, they flourish and enjoy peak health.

Humans too, can rid themselves of these symptoms (the gout included) without drugs or treatment. They simply need to avoid all these sweeteners that are the product of science, and use sweeteners that are still in their natural form.

Evidence for these arguments can be found in the book,'The Honey Revolution.'
www.worldclassemprise.com

In my struggle to resist being branded a diabetic and hooked on insulin, I followed the leads of the Authors of that book, Mike McInnes and Dr. Ron Fessenden, quit using scientific sugars and replaced them with fruits and natural honey.

So far so good. I am enjoying better health, more energy, better mental acuity, and sleeping ten times better!

I guess the only problem this creates is that the economy doesn't get stimulated and I can have more cash to spend on luxury!

It works for me.

Cheers,
JohnS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Colorado Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hundreds rally, seek end to strikes on Gaza Jul '14 Garry Ackerman 2
Fake drugs bought on the web pose big health risks (Jan '10) Jun '14 Thaddus 23
Rheumatologist chat: Get answers to your health... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jenn 1
Depression diagnoses decline after FDA warning (Jun '09) Jan '14 Lori 3
New Colorado? Rural voters approve secession idea (Nov '13) Nov '13 Who 44
Gene Test Leads To Targeted Cancer Treatment (Aug '08) Sep '13 Emmanuel 2
Many antipsychotic users not getting needed tests (Jan '10) Aug '13 Simpson 2
More from around the web