Sex Column: Why is the Female Orgasm ...

Sex Column: Why is the Female Orgasm so Elusive?

There are 3 comments on the WTLV story from Jan 5, 2012, titled Sex Column: Why is the Female Orgasm so Elusive?. In it, WTLV reports that:

Ian Kerner, a sexuality counselor and New York Times best-selling author, blogs about sex on Thursdays on CNN.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTLV.

Girl

Belle Glade, FL

#1 Jan 6, 2012
The boys need to get better at giving oral to girls.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 May 27, 2012
Maybe it has something to do with a clitoris and not having a penis and there are probably some guys who think that penetrating a woman is all there is to it. I've read that a woman needs the clitoris stimulated in order to achieve orgasm. I'm assuming the orgasm achieved from the clitoris is the same as the orgasm achieved by stimulating the penis except women don't have a refractory period. After puberty males start to ejaculate. Once a male starts to ejaculate he usually has a refractory period before he can orgasm/ejaculate again though there are some rare adult males who have little or no refractory period. Without the refractory period there is no limit to the number of orgasms one can have in a short period of time. Orgasm and ejaculation are two separate things though in males they usually always occur simultaneously. One can have an orgasm and not ejaculate such as women or males before they are able to ejaculate. People can ejaculate without having an orgasm too but in those cases it's usually due to a sexual side effect of an antidepressant.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 May 27, 2012
Girl wrote:
The boys need to get better at giving oral to girls.
I've heard that men should use longer foreplay and oral sex on a woman before intercourse is a better way to help a woman achieve orgasm during intercourse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Laurence L Smith Releases Updated Version of 'T... Thu candy 1
News Quiet Fight to Free American in China Jail (Nov '09) Thu Poor farts 56
News How common is infidelity, anyway? (Jun '11) Jul 23 Anonymous 4
News JonBenet Ramsey Book Reveals Analysis of Murder Jun '15 jameson245 17
News Don't Forget, Michelle Got Into Princeton Becau... Jun '15 Miss Id 1
News 56 shot - 12 fatally - over Memorial Day weekend Jun '15 reality is a crutch 8
News Story of sex with nurse prompts censorship clai... Jun '15 bjames_37921 2
More from around the web