Civil War Marker
Rosa Bogar

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 11, 2012
I have been sharing for years about a marker in my community that is related to slavery and the Civil War.This marker is dated 1861.It seemed there is not an interest to this connection since the community is an all Black community.Yet, this was a great part of our country's history.Maybe homes should not have been built on this land! This part of the community in on the outskirt of the City of Orangeburg,South Carolina.I played on this marker that is just across where my grandmother lived.This community seemed more divided by class than race.This is a piece of history that yet to be reckoned with.Learn more about this marker and other members stories in the community.I am always, in touch with my hometown. Rosa Bogar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's bribery? The answer is trickier than it ... Wed Pope Closet Emeritus 1
News Laurence L Smith Releases Updated Version of 'T... (Jul '15) Oct 17 Texxy 70
News Pelosi: Trump doesn't understand a president's ... Oct 16 Memo from Turner 6
News Chicago won't see eclipse spectacle of Carbonda... Aug '17 Real Faxt 1
News Campus Zionists don't need safe spaces. They ne... (Sep '16) Aug '17 lavon affair 2
News Ottawa natives Cory, Simon Tiffin performing to... Aug '17 just me 3
News Jim Dey: A fresh start in C-U for Lovelace Jul '17 Lovelace is loveless 1
More from around the web