Macedonian is not Greece s business

Macedonian is not Greece s business

There are 1 comment on the American Chronicle story from May 16, 2011, titled Macedonian is not Greece s business. In it, American Chronicle reports that:

Once again, the forefront for dissemination of the Greek version of history in Australia, the so-called Advisory Council, who are neither Macedonians nor have any clue about advising, have managed to show their ugly head by attacking Victor Friedman, a prominent and well respected academic scholar from University of Chicago, for speaking the truth ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at American Chronicle.

Xenofon

Canada

#1 May 16, 2011
What a load of schizophrenic paranoid turkoslavic propoganda!

Since you turkoslavs from Vardarska Banovina like quotes so much here's a few good ones:

"For I (Alexander I) myself am by ancient descent a Greek, and I would not willingly see Hellas change her freedom for slavery." (Herod. IX, 45, 2 [Loeb])

"Tell your king (Xerxes), who sent you, how his Greek viceroy (Alexander I) of Macedonia has received you hospitably." (Herod. V, 20, 4 [Loeb])

"Now, that these descendants of Perdiccas are Greeks, as they themselves say, I myself chance to know." (Herod. V, 22, 1 [Loeb])

The country by the sea which is now called Macedonia... Alexander, the father of Perdiccas, and his forefathers, who were originally Temenidae from Argos"
(Thucydides 99,3 (Loeb, C F Smith)

"But Alexander (I), proving himself to be an Argive, was judged to be a Greek;
so he contended in the furlong race and ran a dead heat for first place."
(Herod. V, 22, 2)

The speech of Alexander I, when he was admitted to the Olympic games "Men of Athens...
Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery....
If you prosper in this war, forget not to do something for my freedom; consider the risk I have run, out of zeal for the Hellenic cause, to acquaint you with what Mardonius intends, and to save you from being surprised by the barbarians.
I am Alexander of Macedon."
(Herodotus, The Histories, 9.45)

By the way, I'm sure the above historical quotes were translated from Greek to English! I highly doubt they were translated from slavic to English just incase you turkoslavs were wondering!

For every insignificant, fabricated, turkoslavic slant you gypsies come up with we, the Hellenes, have 1000 truths to counter your lies!

Makedonia was born Greek not turkoslavic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JonBenet Ramsey Book Reveals Analysis of Murder Jun 25 jameson245 17
News Don't Forget, Michelle Got Into Princeton Becau... Jun 25 Miss Id 1
News 56 shot - 12 fatally - over Memorial Day weekend Jun 23 reality is a crutch 8
News Story of sex with nurse prompts censorship clai... Jun 19 bjames_37921 2
News Obama tells Americans to go to public schools w... Jun 11 Tazo 1
News Obama's library to be built in Chicago, sources... Jun 7 Cat74 117
News New Atheism Produces Another Curiously Uncuriou... May '15 P_Smith 1
More from around the web