FDA panel backs birth control patch d...

FDA panel backs birth control patch despite risks

There are 2 comments on the WHDH story from Dec 9, 2011, titled FDA panel backs birth control patch despite risks. In it, WHDH reports that:

A panel of federal health advisers said Friday that a birth control patch from Johnson & Johnson probably carries a higher risk of blood clots than older drugs, but should remain available as an option for women who have trouble taking a daily pill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

ANDY DUBYA

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Dec 9, 2011
The FDA is in Pharma's wallet pocket. Safety studies? What are those, and who in the FDA cares. They promote and protect Pharma from its victims when their mandate is to protect people from Pharma victimization
AliciaJones

Clarks Summit, PA

#2 Feb 10, 2012
Birth control patches like this may be helpful for those women who are not too compliant with other forms of contraceptives. However, this information must be relayed to the general public for proper guidance. The FDA should ensure that all users of this device understand the risks involved with this product. http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuit.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's bribery? The answer is trickier than it ... Oct '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 1
News Laurence L Smith Releases Updated Version of 'T... (Jul '15) Oct '17 Texxy 70
News Pelosi: Trump doesn't understand a president's ... Oct '17 Memo from Turner 6
News Chicago won't see eclipse spectacle of Carbonda... Aug '17 Real Faxt 1
News Campus Zionists don't need safe spaces. They ne... (Sep '16) Aug '17 lavon affair 2
News Ottawa natives Cory, Simon Tiffin performing to... Aug '17 just me 3
News Jim Dey: A fresh start in C-U for Lovelace Jul '17 Lovelace is loveless 1
More from around the web