FDA panel backs birth control patch despite risks

Dec 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHDH

A panel of federal health advisers said Friday that a birth control patch from Johnson & Johnson probably carries a higher risk of blood clots than older drugs, but should remain available as an option for women who have trouble taking a daily pill.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
ANDY DUBYA

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

The FDA is in Pharma's wallet pocket. Safety studies? What are those, and who in the FDA cares. They promote and protect Pharma from its victims when their mandate is to protect people from Pharma victimization
AliciaJones

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Birth control patches like this may be helpful for those women who are not too compliant with other forms of contraceptives. However, this information must be relayed to the general public for proper guidance. The FDA should ensure that all users of this device understand the risks involved with this product. http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuit.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••