UC moves forward on replacing MSU in ...

UC moves forward on replacing MSU in Beckley

There are 50 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Oct 4, 2012, titled UC moves forward on replacing MSU in Beckley. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

The University of Charleston is moving forward with plans to replace Mountain State University's operations in Beckley with a four-year satellite campus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A good idea not so sure

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 5, 2012
UC hasn't decided officially what programs will be kept. MSU and UC aren't on the same page IMO. I don't think the departments at the two schools are talking with each other. I assume that Those who do work at the new UC center which will be extremely smaller in scope will receive much less pay and students will likely pay much higher tuition. Maybe the campus would have been better utilized by making it into something else.
Lack luster

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 5, 2012
Well said.
A good idea not so sure wrote:
UC hasn't decided officially what programs will be kept. MSU and UC aren't on the same page IMO. I don't think the departments at the two schools are talking with each other. I assume that Those who do work at the new UC center which will be extremely smaller in scope will receive much less pay and students will likely pay much higher tuition. Maybe the campus would have been better utilized by making it into something else.
MSU UC

Charleston, WV

#3 Oct 5, 2012
UC seems to be all about cost-cutting- this is evident with faculty salaries, teaching overload and the accompanying remuneration, etc. I surmise that this new UC Center will be a very small entity in Beckley with few students, and only essential staff. NO ONE will be making even $90,000 per anum IMO.
Worthless

Christiansburg, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2012
What a big joke. UC is as bad as MSU.
Aida

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Oct 5, 2012
I read the Register Herald today, seems things are going good, but it won't mean much for me. They don't want a trouble maker and a slanderer.
RE Crazy Aida Impersonat

Beckley, WV

#6 Oct 6, 2012
The take over is a flop! Keep telling everyone lies just like you did regarding administration. The public knows better.

You have NO credibility. To all you Bring It On people go to H___ The game is up.

To the public please turn on the bullies and do not accept their intimidation.
Aida wrote:
I read the Register Herald today, seems things are going good, but it won't mean much for me. They don't want a trouble maker and a slanderer.
Aida

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Oct 6, 2012
RE Crazy Aida Impersonat wrote:
The take over is a flop! Keep telling everyone lies just like you did regarding administration. The public knows better.
You have NO credibility. To all you Bring It On people go to H___ The game is up.
To the public please turn on the bullies and do not accept their intimidation.
<quoted text>
I am sorry I post under crazy aida impersonator, I am even sorrier I have no clue as to what is going on at the school. I am just mad because UC won't hire me. They don't want dead weight, no talent, hate fomenting staff like I was. I do have no credibility. Just ask many of the students I cheated on an education. Just ask former co workers I slandered. I need a drink. NOW!
RE Crazy Aida Impersonat

Beckley, WV

#8 Oct 7, 2012
Has everyone read this important article?

http://wvgazette.com/News/201209150104
Crazy Aida

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Oct 7, 2012
RE Crazy Aida Impersonat wrote:
Has everyone read this important article?
Oh, sorry, I posted this twice tonight, too much to drink and too little else to do. Lonely around here. But fawning over that pic of Ros just brings back the love I have for her and I get all misty. God I need a life.
Retired EdD

Beckley, WV

#10 Oct 7, 2012
This Crazy Aida is very unprofessional. If this a MSU administrator you do not need to be in education
Crazy Aida

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Oct 7, 2012
Retired EdD wrote:
This Crazy Aida is very unprofessional. If this a MSU administrator you do not need to be in education
Yeah, I, little Aida, was VERY unprofessional. Of course you can tell that now by my situation, no job, no references, and no future. No one wants a troublemaker and incompetent person like me. I just wish I would and could stop my unprofessional behavior. But its like drinking, I LIKE IT! I still sit here fawning over my pics of Ros. Anyone else go back and look at those links I posted earlier tonight? Lovely isn't she. So smart, so much of a future. I am so jealous.
Help bump it up

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2012

Please read this shocking and repulsive story.
Aida

Huntington, WV

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Help bump it up wrote:
http://wvgazette.com/News/2012 09150104
Please read this shocking and repulsive story.
And if you have time, ask any students or former staff about me, crazy Aida. That is a story. Talk about repulsive. Makes my own self sick.
Preserving the Legacy

Buffalo, WV

#14 Oct 11, 2012
What happened to the museum idea? Beckley needs a good museum and MSU would fit the bill. I agree with the earlier poster about John Eye being turned into the main center with various memorabilia. This would be a nice and thoughtful way to recognize the plethora of great folks who made MSU a pillar in the community for so long. Like the poster from before, there could even be a "Hall of Champions" that could display photos of prestigious faculty, admins, and alums. Perhaps we can find someone to spear head this idea. I doubt UC will use the bldg for instruction space.
Horror story

United States

#15 Oct 11, 2012
After the hundreds of law suits are settled what will be left? Many of us think of MSU as a horror story and want to forget it ever existed. Many unscrupulous people worked there, illegal activity likely was conducted, and a subpar education was evident.

Hard to imagine what to preserve?
Preserving the Legacy wrote:
What happened to the museum idea? Beckley needs a good museum and MSU would fit the bill. I agree with the earlier poster about John Eye being turned into the main center with various memorabilia. This would be a nice and thoughtful way to recognize the plethora of great folks who made MSU a pillar in the community for so long. Like the poster from before, there could even be a "Hall of Champions" that could display photos of prestigious faculty, admins, and alums. Perhaps we can find someone to spear head this idea. I doubt UC will use the bldg for instruction space.
You prob werent there

Buffalo, WV

#16 Oct 11, 2012
Horror story wrote:
After the hundreds of law suits are settled what will be left? Many of us think of MSU as a horror story and want to forget it ever existed. Many unscrupulous people worked there, illegal activity likely was conducted, and a subpar education was evident.
Hard to imagine what to preserve?
<quoted text>
Not true. You speak in universals and thats unfair. Lots of good came out of that place. Lots! A museum is a fitting way to recognize that. Dont try to throw it all away because of a few mistakes along the way. There were top notch employees there mostly and students who got quality educations (mostly). SO- YES, lets preserve the positives- the legacy that MSU represents. Stop the hate.
Disgusting MSU

Beckley, WV

#17 Oct 11, 2012
Many of them are hated. I would like to spit on the majority. There was much more bad and hurt than good. They were the haters.
You prob werent there wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. You speak in universals and thats unfair. Lots of good came out of that place. Lots! A museum is a fitting way to recognize that. Dont try to throw it all away because of a few mistakes along the way. There were top notch employees there mostly and students who got quality educations (mostly). SO- YES, lets preserve the positives- the legacy that MSU represents. Stop the hate.
Aida

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Oct 12, 2012
Disgusting MSU wrote:
Many of them are hated. I would like to spit on the majority. There was much more bad and hurt than good. They were the haters.
<quoted text>
See the venom I spew when I have been drinking? Of course I am pretty much like this even when sober. But I have to confess, I am spewing because of the blame I put on myself for the schools problems. I am among the hated, the self loathing included. I hurt many, and continue to do so. I am among the haters. And among the disgusting. I need another drink, looks like its another all night binge.
Fake Aidas lost her power

Beckley, WV

#19 Oct 12, 2012
Fake Aida just can't seem to keep her foul nasty big mouth shut.

She now does not have any power or anyone to push around. This is her only outlet.
Aida

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Oct 12, 2012
Fake Aidas lost her power wrote:
Fake Aida just can't seem to keep her foul nasty big mouth shut.
She now does not have any power or anyone to push around. This is her only outlet.
Yes I have lost it, but then again, many, including dad said I never had it. Just look at my many slanderous post over the last couple years, nasty, foul, yes it all stems from my having no power, and now no future. I never could push anyone around, why do you think I had to come here, conduct my campaign of slander on the internet. I was too much of a coward to speak out in person. I need a drink for my foul mouth. Gives me courage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Student helps rescue hundreds of cats Mar '16 some good goings ... 1
News Florence County Inmate found dead in his cell (Mar '14) Nov '15 ss79hotrodz 3
News UC's first Physicians Assistants class set to g... (Jun '15) Jun '15 PAc 1
News Crosses Across the United States: Where Did The... (May '11) Jan '15 Margie 12
News WVU could purchase MSU campus in Beckley (Nov '14) Nov '14 oversight 10
News Settlement reached over Mountain State Universi... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Aida 14
News Drums Across Tri-State This Evening At Laidley ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Nascar 1
More from around the web