Dangerous heat smothers eastern and s...

Dangerous heat smothers eastern and southern U.S.

There are 2 comments on the Reuters story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Dangerous heat smothers eastern and southern U.S.. In it, Reuters reports that:

Temperatures in the triple digits were causing misery in the eastern and southern United States on Friday, with the country music capital of Nashville, Tennessee recording an all-time record of 109 degrees Fahrenheit .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

helena

South Deerfield, MA

#1 Jul 2, 2012
its a shame when bush invaded iraq for its oil and because of his and his old croonies,desire for wealth. iraq was ripped apart and all are good people,resources, here in the USA,,national guard etc. had to go and rebuild it Iraq, while we all suffered the consequenses here, weather disasters etc. not enough people to rebuild. it was for told that this would happen, and our money is paying for these wars with our taxes. What i am saying is there is not enough help avalable to rebuild our country. my son lives down south so i feel for you all God Bless. be careful about romney,he will start more wars,its called war profiteering, as republicans and some democrats have huge investments, money, in having wars. noticed we don't start wars in countries that have nuck's. just weaker countries, especially if oil is envolved. i guess iran is next, my other son was in the marines, so i know what is going on what a shame.
Nde Woman

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 7, 2012
All the events that have been happening were spoken of long ago. The earth has sustained such abuse, which YOUR goverment supports..they are not mine.
Go back to when the first undocumented immigrants hit the shores, what happened ?
The diseases they brought, the beginning of the de-forestation, over-kill of wildlife..growing into the intoduction of pesticides, and greed over fossil fuels...take a look at the refineries..
**Check into what is called "Fracking", its not a joke... this process of draining more fossil fuel from the ground...check Colorado, or Utah..Google "Fracking"..and see what is being allowed.**
You are now reaping what your ancestors have sown...
There is a choice, you can work toward a change as my people are, or you can sit and complain..if each person would contribute vs taking, wouldn't it begin to make a difference ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gardens set to build $1 million treehouse Jan 12 Can't Wait 1
News Miss Arkansas Savvy Shields named Miss America ... Sep '16 SirPrize 8
News Miss Arkansas sings, dances her way to Miss Ame... Sep '16 Holy Silicon Wafer 2
News Freshmen Move-In Day At The University Of Arkansas Aug '16 5newsonline 1
News Board Votes to Increase Arkansas State Tuition ... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Not_a_former_worker 1
News Passion Play near Eureka Springs targets colleg... (May '16) May '16 ESLocal 1
News Can school choice help keep kids out of jail? (Apr '16) Apr '16 Mark Fursman 5
More from around the web