Nature bats last

Nature bats last

There are 28 comments on the Observer story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Nature bats last. In it, Observer reports that:

Guy McPherson's presentation Sunday at the Fredonia Grange made it clear he does not look at the world through rose-colored glasses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#22 Apr 5, 2012
It's true, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty doesn't understand sarcasm.

#23 Apr 5, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
It must be creeping senility. That one is nearly as old as you are.
ROFLMAO at that priceless comment.

I have a bridge to sell, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, are you interested?
LessHypeMoreFact

Concord, Canada

#24 Apr 5, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
A successful university career reminds me of the old roman saying of those who cannot do teach.
And you cannot teach so you must be a genius.. NOT.

You remind me that some can neither DO nor TEACH.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#25 Apr 5, 2012
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
And you cannot teach so you must be a genius.. NOT.
You remind me that some can neither DO nor TEACH.
Actually I have done both. I have taught while I was in the Navy.

On the other hand you have experience in both not being able to do and not being able to teach. But you are an experienced at insulting others.

#28 Apr 6, 2012
Insulting people is "undoubtably" Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty's fourte.
NobodyYouKnow

Toronto, Canada

#29 Apr 6, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have done both. I have taught while I was in the Navy.
Or you stood up before a class and had the impression you were teaching someting. The defining test of a teacher is that they not only know the subject but can impart it to those who don't.

You don't seem to know anything TO teach. And there is no evidence you can 'educate' any other poster here. Your arguments and logic a not 'teaching material'.

#30 Apr 7, 2012
LessFactMoreHype, alias:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow wrote:
Or you stood up before a class and had the impression you were teaching someting.
"Someting?"
NoFactAllHype wrote:
The defining test of a teacher is that they not only know the subject but can impart it to those who don't.
That's beyond your imagination, isn't it?
NoFactAllHype wrote:
You don't seem to know anything TO teach.
But you don't know for sure, do you, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty?
NoFactAllHype wrote:
And there is no evidence you can 'educate' any other poster here.
One can only hope that nobody ever takes your word for anything!
NoFactAllHype wrote:
Your arguments and logic a not 'teaching material'.
How would you know that, Mr Thermal Pollutant?

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31 Apr 7, 2012
NobodyYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you stood up before a class and had the impression you were teaching someting. The defining test of a teacher is that they not only know the subject but can impart it to those who don't.
You don't seem to know anything TO teach. And there is no evidence you can 'educate' any other poster here. Your arguments and logic a not 'teaching material'.
Your right. Some are already well educated on the subject so I have nothing new to teach them. The others like you are steadfast about learning something new and one cannot teach to the closed mind. But there are others who occasionally appear who are not in either camp and those I can educate. To those my arguements and logic are teaching material. Not to mention the people like yourself make wonderful examples to those people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Arizona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News See how Arizona's universities would spend the ... Mar 26 Solarman 1
News Anti-Racist': - I Will Always Call on My Black ... Dec '17 el rey de los cam... 57
News Buffalo and Rochester submit joint build for ne... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Brian 1
News This election has divided the country. Getting ... (Nov '16) Jul '17 Maria 1,138
News Sean Miller leaving Arizona for Ohio State? 'Ov... (Jun '17) Jun '17 They cannot kill ... 1
News Activists put up crosses at construction site f... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Texxy 1
News University of Arizona Guide: Safe Spaces should... (Mar '17) Mar '17 kdavidsmith13 1