University of Alaska Students Protest "Ex-Gay" Speaker

Sep 17, 2009 Full story: queersunited.blogspot.com 28

Students at the University of Alaska Fairbanks are protesting a series of speaking engagements by Edward Delgado a so called "ex-gay" evangelist.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mnguy

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 17, 2009
why wrote:
Why do homosexuals harass those who choose to leave?
Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means.
Why not let them live their lives as they choose?
Ever hear of live and let live?
Troll. They're not harassing him because he professes to be an "ex-gay" it's because he pulls in others through his lies and bullsh#t. Ever hear of leave and let the rest of us live?
you are seriously wrong

Bothell, WA

#3 Sep 17, 2009
"Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means."
Please offer these studies so that I might review them. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that this is capable. In fact there are hundreds of studies that show this type of 'therapy' is in fact, very harmful and destructive.

Since: Jul 09

Sonora, CA

#4 Sep 17, 2009
why wrote:
Why do homosexuals harass those who choose to leave?
Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means.
Why not let them live their lives as they choose?
Ever hear of live and let live?
If anything that you speak of was reviewed by a PIER..then that is why you are wrong..LOL
idiot...in fact every PEER reviewed study says that YOU are a liar PEKIN!
John

Powder Springs, GA

#5 Sep 17, 2009
why wrote:
Why do homosexuals harass those who choose to leave?
Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means.
Why not let them live their lives as they choose?
Ever hear of live and let live?


Havent seen any sci prof of people changing, and you are making the point of the gay side, why dont churches and so called ex-gays live and let live, I believe it the ex-gay thats harassing hes the one going to some ones school or town telling people what they should be and his way is the right one, why cant them ex-gay do what they feel is right for them and let the others live they way is right for them!
Mona Lott

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Sep 17, 2009
why wrote:
Why do homosexuals harass those who choose to leave?
Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means.
Why not let them live their lives as they choose?
Ever hear of live and let live?
The Pekin troll lives to lie another day!
John E

Detroit, MI

#7 Sep 17, 2009
why wrote:
Ever hear of live and let live?
They way you keep posting your sermons against homosexuality on Gay/Lesbian Topix, you've never heard of it.
John E

Detroit, MI

#8 Sep 17, 2009
you are seriously wrong wrote:
"Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means."
Please offer these studies so that I might review them. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that this is capable. In fact there are hundreds of studies that show this type of 'therapy' is in fact, very harmful and destructive.
AKA Wil, or David from Perkin, IL
Jeff

Redmond, WA

#9 Sep 17, 2009
A question for why is where is the proof about gays can and do change. I was in the ministry doing this for almost 20 years. Yes a few men and women get married and even hve kids but they still struggle with their thouhgts towards loving and being sexual with a member of the same sex. Yes some in the gay population have unbridled sex, use drugs, drink and smoke like there is no tomorrow but that is with any people group. I will say that we in the community need to have more restraint in regards to how we use and abuse our bodies and minds with sex, alcohol and drugs. But this by no means that all or even most deal with these issues.

But will agree that Mr Delago does have a right to speak and if he views one being gay as sin then he has that right in a democracy. And the students who feel threatend well grow up. We live in a world that does not always agree. Learn to make your stand and with conviction express yourself with humility and honesty knowpng the others argument and be able to listen in light of disagreement.

Since: Sep 09

Long Island, NY

#10 Sep 17, 2009
Oh good!! Let's all just keep on responding to the troll's drivel so we have to read it again and again ad nauseum!!! Let's just encourage him to respond and post more spam that will have to be deleted by the moderators!
How about we just flag it, report it, and move on??

“Just another new age hippie.”

Since: Jul 09

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2009
why wrote:
Why do homosexuals harass those who choose to leave?
Every pier reviewed scientific study on the subject proves that homosexuals can and do change. Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means.
Why not let them live their lives as they choose?
Ever hear of live and let live?
Cite credible sources for your claim about scientific studies, please?

It's not about letting someone live their life as they choose, it's when they try to convince others that they were once gay, it was "sinful" and led to all of the stereotypical crap that they've lumped in with it, and that only through Jesus can they be "saved"...

...when their claims have been refuted, proven to be false, treatments proven to be dangerous, lies exposed and decades of scientific research demonstrating that homosexuality is, in FACT, something that is simply not a "choice".

Here are MY credible sources:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0...

http://jgford.homestead.com/

(a lot of reputable and credible links here)

http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/news/1/947-t...

...so, where are YOUR sources, Wil/David/Whomever?

Since: Jul 09

Sonora, CA

#12 Sep 17, 2009
Eschew Obfuscation wrote:
Oh good!! Let's all just keep on responding to the troll's drivel so we have to read it again and again ad nauseum!!! Let's just encourage him to respond and post more spam that will have to be deleted by the moderators!
How about we just flag it, report it, and move on??
well look everyone the TOPIX social czar has arrived.
Guess we are no longer allowed to think for ourselves.

Since: Sep 09

Long Island, NY

#13 Sep 17, 2009
deeter1013 wrote:
<quoted text>
well look everyone the TOPIX social czar has arrived.
Guess we are no longer allowed to think for ourselves.
Be my guest.. respond to the troll if that is what you want to do. Just thought you would have more productive and intelligent things to do than having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#14 Sep 17, 2009
Jeff wrote:
A question for why is where is the proof about gays can and do change. I was in the ministry doing this for almost 20 years. Yes a few men and women get married and even hve kids but they still struggle with their thouhgts towards loving and being sexual with a member of the same sex. Yes some in the gay population have unbridled sex, use drugs, drink and smoke like there is no tomorrow but that is with any people group. I will say that we in the community need to have more restraint in regards to how we use and abuse our bodies and minds with sex, alcohol and drugs. But this by no means that all or even most deal with these issues.
But will agree that Mr Delago does have a right to speak and if he views one being gay as sin then he has that right in a democracy. And the students who feel threatend well grow up. We live in a world that does not always agree. Learn to make your stand and with conviction express yourself with humility and honesty knowpng the others argument and be able to listen in light of disagreement.
How classically hypocritical of you to think Mr. Delgado as a right to speak but don't think the students have the same exact right to speak up and protest. Guess what, one a gay always a gay. This "ex-gay" crap is so far off base. They need to start calling it what it is, "gay-in-denial".

Since: Jul 09

Sonora, CA

#15 Sep 17, 2009
Eschew Obfuscation wrote:
<quoted text>
Be my guest.. respond to the troll if that is what you want to do. Just thought you would have more productive and intelligent things to do than having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Thank you for your permission and for your snark.
Jack

Silver Springs, FL

#16 Sep 17, 2009
Ex-gay? If they are no longer gay, aren't they " straight"? What's this "ex" bullshit? And if they are truly "ex gay" what's all the internal struggling about? Let's face it, the whole "ex-gay" movement is a figment of the fundamentalist cult's warped imagination. It's like slapping a pair of brown contacts over a pair of green eyes and saying you are now "ex-green eyed". It would be funny if it weren't so destructive.
Spider

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Sep 17, 2009
Its all about the money.$10,000 worth of it.

Every time the creepy christians arrest another gay person and lock them away in solitary confinement in an Exodus brainwashing prison, they collect $10,000 from the poor kid's stupid parents.
http://www.gaychristian101.com/ex-gay.html

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#18 Sep 17, 2009
Jack wrote:
Ex-gay? If they are no longer gay, aren't they " straight"? What's this "ex" bullshit? And if they are truly "ex gay" what's all the internal struggling about? Let's face it, the whole "ex-gay" movement is a figment of the fundamentalist cult's warped imagination. It's like slapping a pair of brown contacts over a pair of green eyes and saying you are now "ex-green eyed". It would be funny if it weren't so destructive.
These are questions for our troll. The internal struggle...etc.
Spider

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Sep 17, 2009
you are seriously wrong wrote:
Therapy works. Many leave through spiritual means."
33% of them leave by "spiritual" means alright!!:

----------suicide*---------

Thats why the creepy christian nazis claim "therapy" works. They are trying to exterminate us.

The creepy christian Exodus brainwashing prisons have 3 year gay old kids locked away in solitary confinement who are too young to committ suicide.

Exodus uses them to skew the statistics.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/122627/page/3
TTTIN

East Lansing, MI

#20 Sep 17, 2009
If you really change just call yourself "straight" don't bother calling yourself "Ex-gay". You don't hear people going around talking about how they're "ex-child", "ex-single", "ex-married". People say they're "adult", "married", or "divorced".

Since: Sep 07

Astoria, NY

#21 Sep 17, 2009
Eschew Obfuscation wrote:
Oh good!! Let's all just keep on responding to the troll's drivel so we have to read it again and again ad nauseum!!! Let's just encourage him to respond and post more spam that will have to be deleted by the moderators!
How about we just flag it, report it, and move on??
I've been saying the same thing for some time to no avail. Wilma-Dave has nothing to say so why argue with him?

Ya can't argue with "Jeebus"!

Believe me, if he left the forum you'd still have plenty of trolls to argue with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Alaska Fairbanks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bubbles from glacier ice turn up the noise in A... Mar 5 Hal 1
News Remains of Ice Age infants uncovered in Alaska Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Botanists head to Nunavut to help fill out gaps... (Jun '14) Jun '14 link above broken... 2
News Strange 'swarm' of earthquakes near Noatak conf... (Jun '14) Jun '14 SimplyLoveYou 2
News Strange 'swarm' of earthquakes near Noatak conf... (Jun '14) Jun '14 other reading 1
News Rapidly melting glaciers give Utah expert new v... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Sneaky Pete 7
News 3 rescued after helicopter ices on Alaska volcano (Sep '13) Sep '13 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
More from around the web