Census: Hispanic population up 145 percent in Alabama

Jun 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Gadsden Times

New Census figures released Thursday showed Alabama's Hispanic population jumped 145 percent in the last decade to about 185,600 total residents, but experts said the actual number is likely much larger.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AmericanProud wrote:
Man..when is it going to start?....you guys have been saying the same old nonsense for years now...and nothing happens..you guys are all talk and no action...just like you do in bed...lol...bring it on and see what happens...and by the way...Im not Mexican..Im a US of A citizen from Puerto Rico...learn your flags...
our President was just there this week to make sure all the 4 million of us here in the main land vote for him in 2012...
<quoted text>
But you still can't vote in Puerto Rico and with that attitude you never will!

But it's OK if you have to start paying Federal Income Taxes.

LOL!!!

Since: Apr 07

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I live in the State of Wisconsin,,,,,,there fore I vote...I never once said that Puerto Ricans in PR vote for the USA President...duh...
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Unless PR's have official residency in a U.S. state or the District of Columbia, the people living in Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories, are not permitted to vote in the general election in November...don't know much about your own country, do you?

Since: Apr 07

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Puerto Ricans living in PR vote for their own Governor, House and Senate but cannot vote in the Presidential Election, unless they establish residence in one of the 50 States and if living in PR they do not pay any federal taxes...not a single red cent...
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can Puerto Ricans vote and do they pay Federal Income Taxes?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AmericanProud wrote:
Puerto Ricans living in PR vote for their own Governor, House and Senate but cannot vote in the Presidential Election, unless they establish residence in one of the 50 States and if living in PR they do not pay any federal taxes...not a single red cent...
<quoted text>
Very true.

"not a single red cent."

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dammit boy! I bet the demand for social services doubled right along with it!

Since: Apr 07

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Yeah...and you are paying for it...love it...
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
Dammit boy! I bet the demand for social services doubled right along with it!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"A common misconception is that residents of Puerto Rico do not have to pay federal taxes. Residents of the island pay federal taxes (import/export taxes, federal commodity taxes, social security taxes, etc.) and some even pay federal income taxes (Puerto Rico residents who are federal employees, or who do business with the federal government, Puerto Rico-based corporations that intend to send funds to the U.S., etc). While most residents of the island do not pay federal income tax, they do pay federal payroll taxes (Social Security and Medicare), as well as Puerto Rico income taxes. In addition, because the cutoff point for income taxation is lower than that of the IRS code, and because the per-capita income in Puerto Rico is much lower than the average per-capita income on the mainland, more Puerto Rico residents pay income taxes to the local taxation authority than if the IRS code were applied to the island. Puerto Rico residents are eligible for Social Security benefits upon retirement. Puerto Rico is excluded from Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Puerto Rico receives less than 15% of the Medicaid funding it would be allotted as a state."

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AmericanProud wrote:
Yeah...and you are paying for it...love it...
<quoted text>
Hispanics new majority sentenced to federal prison

By GARANCE BURKE - Associated Press | AP

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)- More than half of all people sent to federal prison for
committing felony crimes so far this year were Hispanic, a major demographic
shift swollen by immigration offenses, according to a new government report
released Tuesday.

Hispanics already outnumber all other ethnic groups sentenced to serve time
in prison for federal felonies.

Hispanics reached a new milestone for the first time this year, making up
the majority all federal felony offenders sentenced in the first nine months
of fiscal year 2011, according to the U.S. Sentencing Commission.

Hispanics comprised 50.3 percent of all people sentenced in that time
period, blacks 19.7 percent and whites 26.4 percent.

In comparison, last year Hispanics made up just 16 percent of the whole U.S.
population.

Read rest of story below:

http://news.yahoo.com/hispanics-majority-sent...

Since: Apr 07

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Once again selective reading...the only reason for those numbers is clearly stated.....shift swollen by immigration offenses

Thats not a surprise to anyone if the Obaman administration has deported over 1 million so far...
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics new majority sentenced to federal prison
By GARANCE BURKE - Associated Press | AP
SAN FRANCISCO (AP)- More than half of all people sent to federal prison for
committing felony crimes so far this year were Hispanic, a major demographic
shift swollen by immigration offenses, according to a new government report
released Tuesday.
Hispanics already outnumber all other ethnic groups sentenced to serve time
in prison for federal felonies.
Hispanics reached a new milestone for the first time this year, making up
the majority all federal felony offenders sentenced in the first nine months
of fiscal year 2011, according to the U.S. Sentencing Commission.
Hispanics comprised 50.3 percent of all people sentenced in that time
period, blacks 19.7 percent and whites 26.4 percent.
In comparison, last year Hispanics made up just 16 percent of the whole U.S.
population.
Read rest of story below:
http://news.yahoo.com/hispanics-majority-sent...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AmericanProud wrote:
Yeah...and you are paying for it...love it...
<quoted text>
Well dumbazz if you pay taxes you're paying for it too.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 8, 2011
 
AmericanProud wrote:
Once again selective reading...

the only reason for those numbers is clearly stated.....

shift swollen by immigration offenses

Thats not a surprise to anyone if the Obaman administration has deported over 1 million so far...
<quoted text>
Read much??

"Hispanics already outnumber all other ethnic groups sentenced to serve time
in prison for federal felonies."

Since: Apr 07

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 8, 2011
 
Yeah...so whats your point?...tell me what does this changes?...you know what, NOTHING...lol

However many in jail, we pop twice as many on any given day...each one of them a US Citizen...lol
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read much??
"Hispanics already outnumber all other ethnic groups sentenced to serve time
in prison for federal felonies."

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AmericanProud wrote:
Yeah...so whats your point?...tell me what does this changes?...you know what, NOTHING...lol
However many in jail, we pop twice as many on any given day...each one of them a US Citizen...lol
<quoted text>
And who supports them? Being dependent upon the taxpayers is nothing to be proud of...dumping babies for perks is reprehensible...Do you people have any shame? I guess that's what you are proud of...so sad.

Since: Apr 07

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Sep 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja-arizo...

Obama 4 More Years....unless>>>

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Sep 9, 2011
 
AmericanProud wrote:
Yeah...so whats your point?...tell me what does this changes?...you know what, NOTHING...lol
However many in jail, we pop twice as many on any given day...each one of them a US Citizen...lol
<quoted text>
I see you're Tap Dancing again! lol

Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers - Let Yourself Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Sep 9, 2011
 
AmericanProud wrote:
http://tucsoncitizen.com/view- from-baja-arizona/2011/09/07/w hat-would-reagan-say-to-republ ican-2012-field-on-immigration /

Obama 4 More Years....unless>>>
IQ Test: Obama Supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS AND MORTGAGE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Voters

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Money - Where Did it Come From?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

WSB: Despite the freezing temperatures, hundreds fought for a place in line
in Marietta, Georgia to apply for federal aid to help pay their heat and
power bills this winter.

Only 30 people were being let in at a time at the assistance center in
Marietta.

"It was freezing," applicant Linda Benefield told WSB-TV. "I was in line for
three hours and 15 minutes, but I needed the help."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••