Failure to launch: Huntsville college...

Failure to launch: Huntsville college students figure out why Space...

There are 4 comments on the The Montgomery Advertiser story from Sep 1, 2012, titled Failure to launch: Huntsville college students figure out why Space.... In it, The Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

Space City USA was a Disney-style theme park under construction near Huntsville in the 1960s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Montgomery Advertiser.

Space City USA

Mableton, GA

#1 Sep 1, 2012
We here at the Space City USA Children's park are glad to announce that there will be an exit coming right off I-565 into our main parking area.

The Space City USA Children’s Park (formerly the Myric Motel) is coming along right on schedule, and will be open for our “little” space man-guest at the end of Summer 2012. We’d like to thank the Huntsville Chapter of the DeMolay’s, Club Ozz, Partners Bar & Grille, Club Two-Twenty-Two, Century Jaguar, Gay Rich from Adtran, the Scout Mastas at local A&M Boy Scout Troop 369, the Second Mile organization, and our friends at NAMBLA for making such large contributions… if it weren’t for you, this park would still be an old mans fantasy instead of a young boys reality.

We fixed up the old motel pool just like new, complete with a spaceboy-to-spaceman changing room that’s going to have a nice large group “decontamination” shower room (like as seen on “The Andomena Strain”), without those pesky soap trays to bump your head on (oops, you dropped your soap again sonny boy!), along with a big “deep space” group hot tub, and private “break” rooms with rocket shaped beds for taking short naps, giving massages, lighting “rocket” farts, telling tall tails about the storied grounds of the former motels rocket scientist residents, etc. The “rocket in my pocket” simulator is finished, and the grounds are full of recycled blue port-o-potties converted into rocketship simulators, so we can play “naked space man” with all our lil’ space men. The old Myric Motel sign got its makeover, with new custom painting and neon lights, including a new flashing neon “always a vacancy” sign.

The Space City USA Children’s Park is a really nice place for today’s busy hard working high-tech single mothers to drop off their young space boys for a day of swimming, games, and rocketship entertainment. Former rocket scientist residents of the motel are being gracious enough to freely volunteer their valuable time as storytellers, lifeguards, swim instructors, shower room attendants, and massage therapist. They can’t wait to read storied tales about the Rocket Cities greatest motels many famous eccentric rocket scientist residents, teach the kids to swim and play “underwater rocket launch”, and do things with them that most busy high-tech single working moms just don’t have the time for. One of the former motels rocket scientist resident even owns a Jaguar painted up like the Space Shuttle, and says he’s just gonna love “shuttling” little space boys on rides up Old Gurley Road for “lunar buttcrater explorations” over Monte Sano Mountain down to the Maple Grove Space Camp. We’d also like to thank Willie Chamberlame with Alabama Space and Rocket Center for helping make this all possible.
SPACEPIG at THE GROVE

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2012
I'LL BE THERE DRESSED UP AS MY SUPERHERO, THE UBER GREAT GERMAN ROCKET-SHIP BUILDER AND ROCKET CITY ROCKSTAR WIENER VON BRATWURST. MY TRUSTY SIDEKICK AND CONJOINED FETUS MISTER SPARKLES WILL BE DRESSED UP AS FAMOUS ROCKET-SCIENTIST AND JEW SLAVE DRIVER ARTHUR RUDOLPH. I'LL BE BRINGING A POCKET LOAD OF THICK HOT GERMAN KIELBASA FOR ALL THE LITTLE BOYS. WE'LL DUST OFF OUR FAVORITE SS UNIFORMS, BRUSH UP ON OUR FAVORITE SEXY GERMAN MAN/BOY LOVERS POEMS, AND PRACTICE OUR "HEIL MEIN FUHRER & SIEG HEIL" SALUTES. WE JUST LOVE THE LITTLE CHILDREN... JUST CAN'T WAIT TO INDOCTRINATE THEM.
Space City USA wrote:
We here at the Space City USA Children's park are glad to announce that there will be an exit coming right off I-565 into our main parking area.
The Space City USA Children’s Park (formerly the Myric Motel) is coming along right on schedule, and will be open for our “little” space man-guest at the end of Summer 2012. We’d like to thank the Huntsville Chapter of the DeMolay’s, Club Ozz, Partners Bar & Grille, Club Two-Twenty-Two, Century Jaguar, Gay Rich from Adtran, the Scout Mastas at local A&M Boy Scout Troop 369, the Second Mile organization, and our friends at NAMBLA for making such large contributions… if it weren’t for you, this park would still be an old mans fantasy instead of a young boys reality.
We fixed up the old motel pool just like new, complete with a spaceboy-to-spaceman changing room that’s going to have a nice large group “decontamination” shower room (like as seen on “The Andomena Strain”), without those pesky soap trays to bump your head on (oops, you dropped your soap again sonny boy!), along with a big “deep space” group hot tub, and private “break” rooms with rocket shaped beds for taking short naps, giving massages, lighting “rocket” farts, telling tall tails about the storied grounds of the former motels rocket scientist residents, etc. The “rocket in my pocket” simulator is finished, and the grounds are full of recycled blue port-o-potties converted into rocketship simulators, so we can play “naked space man” with all our lil’ space men. The old Myric Motel sign got its makeover, with new custom painting and neon lights, including a new flashing neon “always a vacancy” sign.
The Space City USA Children’s Park is a really nice place for today’s busy hard working high-tech single mothers to drop off their young space boys for a day of swimming, games, and rocketship entertainment. Former rocket scientist residents of the motel are being gracious enough to freely volunteer their valuable time as storytellers, lifeguards, swim instructors, shower room attendants, and massage therapist. They can’t wait to read storied tales about the Rocket Cities greatest motels many famous eccentric rocket scientist residents, teach the kids to swim and play “underwater rocket launch”, and do things with them that most busy high-tech single working moms just don’t have the time for. One of the former motels rocket scientist resident even owns a Jaguar painted up like the Space Shuttle, and says he’s just gonna love “shuttling” little space boys on rides up Old Gurley Road for “lunar buttcrater explorations” over Monte Sano Mountain down to the Maple Grove Space Camp. We’d also like to thank Willie Chamberlame with Alabama Space and Rocket Center for helping make this all possible.
Shoeless Joe Jackson

United States

#3 Sep 2, 2012
This crap ain't for real, is it?
This has got to be some kind of sick joke.
What demented mind could this trash possibly come from?
Maybe it's real?
Say it ain't so!
SPACEPIG at THE GROVE wrote:
I'LL BE THERE DRESSED UP AS MY SUPERHERO, THE UBER GREAT GERMAN ROCKET-SHIP BUILDER AND ROCKET CITY ROCKSTAR WIENER VON BRATWURST. MY TRUSTY SIDEKICK AND CONJOINED FETUS MISTER SPARKLES WILL BE DRESSED UP AS FAMOUS ROCKET-SCIENTIST AND JEW SLAVE DRIVER ARTHUR RUDOLPH. I'LL BE BRINGING A POCKET LOAD OF THICK HOT GERMAN KIELBASA FOR ALL THE LITTLE BOYS. WE'LL DUST OFF OUR FAVORITE SS UNIFORMS, BRUSH UP ON OUR FAVORITE SEXY GERMAN MAN/BOY LOVERS POEMS, AND PRACTICE OUR "HEIL MEIN FUHRER & SIEG HEIL" SALUTES. WE JUST LOVE THE LITTLE CHILDREN... JUST CAN'T WAIT TO INDOCTRINATE THEM.
<quoted text>
Space City USA wrote:
Ivan Kutchakokov

Newville, AL

#4 Sep 3, 2012
Will there be a "Docking Station"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Alabama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspicious package causing evacuation of Rose A... Oct 7 Ace McMillan 2
News Democrats No Friend To Blacks Sep 28 Savant 147
News Chamber of Commerce steps up support of Luther ... Sep '17 Pope Ben Out To P... 2
News Hiding History Critics: Push to tear down statu... Sep '17 ThomasA 18
News Red-state blue-state divide is showing up in to... Jun '17 ThomasA 8
News California ban won't stop Alabama from hosting ... Jun '17 Wondering 7
News The place in Mississippi where you can explore ... Jun '17 Fat Cats 7
More from around the web