A hot issue on the campaign trail: th...

A hot issue on the campaign trail: theology

There are 79 comments on the The Capital-Journal story from Sep 3, 2011, titled A hot issue on the campaign trail: theology. In it, The Capital-Journal reports that:

In this photo taken Aug. 6, 2011, Texas Gov. Rick Perry prays at The Response, a call to prayer for a nation in crisis in Houston.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#1 Sep 3, 2011

"I'm against Gay Marriage because of my religion"
- Brokeback Obama

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#2 Sep 3, 2011

"Reverend Jeremiah Wright has been my spiritual Mentor for over 20 years. He taught me everything I know about my muslim Faith."
- Obama to George Stephanoplis

Idiot!

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#3 Sep 3, 2011
"I have been knowing him for 20 years," Rev Wright said.

Wright said he didn't expect to speak directly with Obama again until "he is out of the White House."

Wright became politically radioactive after YouTube videos of his sermons at the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, in which he called on blacks to sing "God damn America" and said the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks were "America's chickens ... coming home to roost," went viral online in early 2008.

2 Pieces of sh*t.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#4 Sep 3, 2011

Obama says pointed abortion query “above his pay grade” so he gets a raise and starts Funding More Abortions.

http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/2008/08/16/...
Pax Vobiscum

Chandler, AZ

#5 Sep 3, 2011
Regardless what the godless oppositions sez, this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principals, not budest, muslim, atheist...et al.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual.... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us." John Hancock
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this - that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." - John Quincy Adams

The Bible is the rock on which our Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson

"We have staked the future of American civilization upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

"It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor." - George Washington

And the list goes on...

One should read the Declaration of Independence first.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#6 Sep 3, 2011
Pax Vobiscum wrote:
Regardless what the godless oppositions sez, this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principals, not budest, muslim, atheist...et al.
"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams
"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual.... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us." John Hancock
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.
"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this - that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." - John Quincy Adams
The Bible is the rock on which our Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson
"We have staked the future of American civilization upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison
"It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry
"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor." - George Washington
And the list goes on...
One should read the Declaration of Independence first.
Leftist loons fear guides such as the bible.
Ignorance = Fear.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#7 Sep 3, 2011

You have to laugh at the left wing scum claiming religion is a hot issue when Obama's Jobless America is the HOT ISSUE burning.

Why are progressives so stupid?

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#8 Sep 3, 2011
The last resort: More and more Americans are calling long-stay motels home

In Obama recession-gripped America, society's most vulnerable find themselves living in long-stay motels, writes Guy Adams.

Saturday, 3 September 2011

A long way down the US housing ladder, beneath the grisly 'projects' of The Wire and the trailer parks hymned by Eminem, beneath the slums of New Orleans and the ghettos of Detroit, you'll find the long-stay hotel. Cheap, not very cheerful, and pretty much a last resort, these institutions provide four walls and a roof, for a few hundred bucks a month. It's some of the cheapest accommodation you'll find anywhere in the US, aside from a cardboard box.

Long-stay hotels can be found in almost every major American city. They offer none of the privacy of trailer parks, and even less of the permanency. Guests make do with postage stamp-sized rooms, paper-thin walls, and nylon sheets. You'll rarely find them listed in tourist guides, even the section of a Lonely Planet devoted to 'rock-bottom dives'. Staying in one isn't exactly what you might call a holiday. It is, however, an experience. So says Kalpesh Lathigra, whose compelling photo-essay on the Wilmington Hotel in Long Beach, Southern California, is published on these pages.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...

Thanks Obama!

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#9 Sep 3, 2011
Real Americans aren't asking about your religion.

They are asking WHERE ARE THE JOBS Blobama?

Where is this recovery Summer you tried claiming the last 3 years only to find us heading into another Recession!

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#10 Sep 3, 2011

We have Freedom of Religion in this country and no one but leftist loon Scumbag-0-crats are bothering people about their religion.

Why do leftist dems Hate the Constitution?

Ex-GOP Con

Houston, TX

#11 Sep 3, 2011
Ever since the Group of Political Terroristic European Americans won the House it has been one economic crisis after another just as the economy started to recover. American cannot survive another recession. President Obama and the Dems have done an incredible keeping us out of a Great Depression but the GOPTEA birthers are determined to drag us down into one just to win an election. Why do they hate America so much? Why are they more concerned with birth certificates, teleprompters, vacations, legislating their religious beliefs, and the rich instead of us hard working Americans?

It's time to fire Speaker Downgrade and the GOPTEA birthers he rode in on!

==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
If tax cuts create jobs....where are they?
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Congress!
==========

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

#12 Sep 3, 2011
"Looks like another raucous season for religion and politics..."

actually, rachel ... it looks like a continuation of the left wing media's attack campaign.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#13 Sep 3, 2011
Religion is never an issue until Republicans start wearing it on their sleeve.

We need an atheist in the White House which represents the majority of American thinking.

Any politician with their finger on the button who thinks some mythological "skygod" told them to run for office is not only scary, but the equivalent of electing a child to high office.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#14 Sep 3, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
"Reverend Jeremiah Wright has been my spiritual Mentor for over 20 years. He taught me everything I know about my muslim Faith."
- Obama to George Stephanoplis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bMUgNg7aD8MXX
Idiot!
Obama never said what your quote claims he said. But thanks for posting the link that proves it. Moron

“Truth to Power!”

Fernandina Beach, FL

#15 Sep 3, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
We need an atheist in the White House which represents the majority of American thinking.
Any politician with their finger on the button who thinks some mythological "skygod" told them to run for office is not only scary, but the equivalent of electing a child to high office.
"I'm against gay marriage because of my faith"
-Broke Obama

“Truth to Power!”

Fernandina Beach, FL

#16 Sep 3, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Obama never said what your quote claims he said. But thanks for posting the link that proves it. Moron
Obama: My Muslim Faith Interview

Bwahahahaha!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#17 Sep 3, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
You mean you don't believe God made Adam from a bucket of mud and then cloned Eve from Adam?

“Truth to Power!”

Fernandina Beach, FL

#18 Sep 3, 2011
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Ever since the Group of Political Terroristic European Americans won the House it has been one economic crisis after another just as the economy started to recover. American cannot survive another recession. President Obama and the Dems have done an incredible keeping us out of a Great Depression but the GOPTEA birthers are determined to drag us down into one just to win an election. Why do they hate America so much? Why are they more concerned with birth certificates, teleprompters, vacations, legislating their religious beliefs, and the rich instead of us hard working Americans?
It's time to fire Speaker Downgrade and the GOPTEA birthers he rode in on!
==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
If tax cuts create jobs....where are they?
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Congress!
==========
Obama = President DOWNGRADE!

First Downgrade in US History!

Bush couldn't even get a Downgrade!

Geeesh!

"ex-gop con" = "Franklyplain"
Many screen names = same idiot.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#19 Sep 3, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
-Broke Obama
Correction:

Republican President Barack Obama.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#21 Sep 3, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You mean you don't believe God made Adam from a bucket of mud and then cloned Eve from Adam?
Sadly, no.

But I do believe in the virgin birth- how else can you explain Saracuda Palin?

Does anyone think any man whould touch that hatchet-faced mother of hers?

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medley announces candidacy for common pleas jud... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Voter 16
News Italian-American club awards scholarships (Aug '16) Aug '16 Zeeba 2
News Kasich likely in firing line at tonight's debate (Jan '16) Jan '16 Sad 1
News Las Vegas debate is crucial for Kasich (Dec '15) Dec '15 When To Say When 1
News Brenner: Low turnout could help Issue 3 (Oct '15) Nov '15 d pants 27
News Canton man charged in home invasion at UA stude... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Walkin boss 1
News Neighborhoods near downtown Akron still blighted (Aug '15) Aug '15 Boss King 1
More from around the web