For Medina Board of Education: Medina...

For Medina Board of Education: Medina Sun endorsement

There are 10 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Oct 6, 2011, titled For Medina Board of Education: Medina Sun endorsement. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

V oters in the Medina City School District will choose two members of the Board of Education on the Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

Randy

Medina, OH

#1 Oct 6, 2011
OH the Sun Newspaper, I must do whatever they say, because geez we can't do it on our own. Thanks Sun!

“Public Unions=Public Enemies ”

Since: Aug 11

Medina, OH

#2 Oct 6, 2011
Endorsing the two biggest union hacks. All three suck, but the effect of knocking off an incumbent is critical. Vote Ross and Robinson.

We need to get pro-reform candidates the next time around, otherwise the reckless spending will continue. If you think the Taj Mahal high school is bad, just wait til they tell you we need an ice rink too!
Cindy

Medina, OH

#3 Oct 8, 2011
Voting definately for Ross, still not impressed with the other two. The Unions are the reason we are all in this mess.

Medina, OH

#4 Oct 8, 2011
Cindy wrote:
Voting definately for Ross, still not impressed with the other two. The Unions are the reason we are all in this mess.
It is absolutely essential that an incumbent is defeated. One incumbent (Dolan) is retiring, and Robinson is the designated successor. Ross has a history of being a union president, so while he is better, he is not perfect.

The message that would be sent by defeating Vleck and the income tax would be huge. In two years they will be back again, and we will have the chance and hopefully the momentum to elect a pro-reform board since there will be three on the ballot. If we can find three pro-reform and deunionization-friendly candidates for 2013, then we will see reform in the schools. But it starts on November 8, 2011 when the income tax is rejected by a significant margin and Vleck is thrown out of office.

There is something wrong with the idea of these board members that they would rather tax people more than put advertisements from these businesses that want to raise our taxes on school property.

Don't forget: YES ON ISSUE 2
Just saying

Medina, OH

#5 Oct 10, 2011
If you want new ideas on the school board, vote just for Ross. You don't HAVE to vote for two candidates. By voting for just Ross, you will take votes away from the team of Vlcek and Robinson.

Medina, OH

#6 Oct 10, 2011
Just saying wrote:
If you want new ideas on the school board, vote just for Ross. You don't HAVE to vote for two candidates. By voting for just Ross, you will take votes away from the team of Vlcek and Robinson.
You must mark the ballot twice. My strategy is to vote out the incumbent because it makes the biggest media impact. There are two seats to be filled, and you can't vote twice for a single candidate.
Jordon

Medina, OH

#7 Oct 13, 2011
I just love the fact I own a home in Medina City, voted against the property tax but now because I work in Medina City, they are going to try and screw me out of my pay, either way I couldn't afford it. I'm not a senior, I'm not on welfare, just an average 40 hour a week man with children trying to keep food on the table, but hey why not think I could afford less take home pay. These people that want to endorse the great schools, well Sun, I won't take your paper anymore and Chamber I will NO LONG shop in Medina City. Might not add up to much, but at least I won't be rewarding the people who took my pay.
Mark

Medina, OH

#8 Oct 13, 2011
Hey Jordon I get a free Sun Paper and I use it to line my cats litterboxes. Cause that's all it's good for.

Medina, OH

#9 Oct 13, 2011
Mark wrote:
Hey Jordon I get a free Sun Paper and I use it to line my cats litterboxes. Cause that's all it's good for.
They also tell you who NOT to vote for!

Yes on Issue 2,3!
No on more taxes!
No to incumbent school board and city council!
Renee

Medina, OH

#10 Oct 21, 2011
I use the sun for potty papers for my dog. It has some use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kasich likely in firing line at tonight's debate (Jan '16) Jan '16 Sad 1
News Las Vegas debate is crucial for Kasich (Dec '15) Dec '15 When To Say When 1
News Brenner: Low turnout could help Issue 3 (Oct '15) Nov '15 d pants 27
News Canton man charged in home invasion at UA stude... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Walkin boss 1
News Neighborhoods near downtown Akron still blighted (Aug '15) Aug '15 Boss King 1
News Former Akron Mayor Reportedly Busted For Urinat... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fr Tyree 5
News One shot during home invasion near University o... (May '15) May '15 Walkin Boss 1
More from around the web