Academies Don't Expect Much Change From DADT End

Sep 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: OfficialWire

They were young children - mere kids 18 years ago when the ban on gays serving openly in the military took effect.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2011
Sgt Common Sense

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2011
Why would they, the 17-21 year olds going into the military today could care less about sexual orientation.
Itís the old timers who live in constant fear that a gay man may look upon their tiny shriveled unit and get all excited. So, Brain_G, David Moore, R1 (or whatever sock-puppet youíre using today), etc. trust me, no self-respecting gay man in the world wants anything to do with you; just like all the women.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#2 Sep 20, 2011
As I understand it (and if you are going to dispute me here, back it up with a link to a source), the UCMJ criminalizes sex of any kind for any member of the Armed Services, with the SOLE EXCEPTION that being sex with your spouse.

I remember a case some years ago where a soldier was court-martialed and convicted of violating the UCMJ for having sex while being unmarried.

Taht being the case, will they begin a new witch-hunt for unmarried gay and lesbain people in uniform having sex ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Naval Academy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lexi Place Crowned Miss Greene County Jul '14 Teacher 1
Bill Clinton discusses privacy, national security Apr '14 Sea Fool 1
Woman in Naval Academy sex assault case testifies Mar '14 Female Soldier 1
South Africa leader under scrutiny over home cost Mar '14 shykora paul ARTs 1
Former President Carter to Speak at Bainbridge ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Disagree 7
Spirit of MLK Lives On in These Local Award Win... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
High schoolers learn about military service aca... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Roddy 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

United States Naval Academy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••