Academies Don't Expect Much Change Fr...

Academies Don't Expect Much Change From DADT End

There are 2 comments on the OfficialWire story from Sep 20, 2011, titled Academies Don't Expect Much Change From DADT End. In it, OfficialWire reports that:

They were young children - mere kids 18 years ago when the ban on gays serving openly in the military took effect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OfficialWire.

Sgt Common Sense

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2011
Why would they, the 17-21 year olds going into the military today could care less about sexual orientation.
Itís the old timers who live in constant fear that a gay man may look upon their tiny shriveled unit and get all excited. So, Brain_G, David Moore, R1 (or whatever sock-puppet youíre using today), etc. trust me, no self-respecting gay man in the world wants anything to do with you; just like all the women.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#2 Sep 20, 2011
As I understand it (and if you are going to dispute me here, back it up with a link to a source), the UCMJ criminalizes sex of any kind for any member of the Armed Services, with the SOLE EXCEPTION that being sex with your spouse.

I remember a case some years ago where a soldier was court-martialed and convicted of violating the UCMJ for having sex while being unmarried.

Taht being the case, will they begin a new witch-hunt for unmarried gay and lesbain people in uniform having sex ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Naval Academy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden urges Navy students to lead fight against... Nov '15 Black Annie 1
News Good Morning Oct '15 Morning farts 3
News These Maryland and Virginia schools may lead to... Aug '15 Great 1
News Amtrak train in deadly wreck was speeding, but ... (May '15) May '15 reality is a crutch 1
News Lexi Place Crowned Miss Greene County (Jul '14) Jul '14 Teacher 1
News Bill Clinton discusses privacy, national security (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sea Fool 1
News Woman in Naval Academy sex assault case testifies (Mar '14) Mar '14 Female Soldier 1
More from around the web