Generals "Come Out" in calling for th...

Generals "Come Out" in calling for the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell

There are 159 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Generals "Come Out" in calling for the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Yesterday, more than 100 retired generals and admirals called for repeal of the US Military "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays so they can serve openly.

And I am proud to say my father, a retired US Air Force General, was one of them as he joined retired four-star Admiral and two-time superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy Adm. Charles Larson, in signing this statement.

Read more and see the Video

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#143 Nov 24, 2008
Autofellatio is not a sign of homosexuality; it is just another form of masturbation--unless you are fantasizing about another guy while doing it. THAT would be your clue.

Masturbatory fantasies are often where we learn the most about our sexual orientation and interests.
SGT GOOZ wrote:
that is what i say we were just talking about that
also if you could blow yourself would you and is that considered gay

“www.benehrmann.c om”

Since: Nov 08

White Suburbia, CA

#144 Nov 24, 2008
SGT GOOZ wrote:
that is what i say we were just talking about that
also if you could blow yourself would you and is that considered gay
hahha. Well, I'm not a huge fan of giving blow jobs, and that seems rather uncomfortable. But I would definitely try it out.

And no, self-sucking doesn't make you 'gay'. Homosexuality is being attracted to only members of the same sex; it's not the physical aspect of actually having sex.

But anyways, why are you so concerned? It really doesn't matter.

El Paso (CHUCO TOWN)

#145 Nov 24, 2008
its just stuff we bullshit with while we are deployed not like there is much to do besides play playstaion i am not all that concerned i just think it is stupid to even be talking about this who cares what someone does in the privacy of their home or room

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#146 Nov 24, 2008
My ex-husband served in the Navy. There were men on the ship that everybody knew were gay, and nobody cared. They did their job, and didn't bother anybody.

As for the "what if you had to shower with a gay/lesbian?" scenario... I'm a straight woman who's shared communal shower facilities with straight, gay and bi women. None of them did or said anything inappropriate, or anything that made me feel the least bit uncomfortable. That whole "oh, they'll ogle me in the shower or the locker room!" bit is just another myth spread by the uneducated.

“Equality under the law for All”

Since: Jun 08

Fontana, CA

#148 Nov 24, 2008
The write your posts so one can understand it well enough to get your so called joke. Any good word processing program would be helpful for this purpose.

The topic isn't a joke though, so how about sticking to the topic and dropping you attempts at jokes.

Virginia Rae
SGT GOOZ wrote:
its supposed to be a joke morons those of you who are taking this too serious have no sense of humor excample if you tap a guys ass and say "no homo" its not gay

Fontana, CA

#149 Nov 24, 2008
Call me silly, but if another woman ogled me in the shower I might be uncomfortable for a second but after that I might just pose, joke around with them, and feel really flattered by the positive attention.

After all, looking isn't the same as making a pass and even then if the other person respects my answer then it's all good.

Virginia Rae
NiftyWitch wrote:
My ex-husband served in the Navy. There were men on the ship that everybody knew were gay, and nobody cared. They did their job, and didn't bother anybody.
As for the "what if you had to shower with a gay/lesbian?" scenario... I'm a straight woman who's shared communal shower facilities with straight, gay and bi women. None of them did or said anything inappropriate, or anything that made me feel the least bit uncomfortable. That whole "oh, they'll ogle me in the shower or the locker room!" bit is just another myth spread by the uneducated.

El Paso (CHUCO TOWN)

#150 Nov 24, 2008
NiftyWitch wrote:
but did you look????? that is the question and if you did, did it turn you on

“www.benehrmann.c om”

White Suburbia, CA

#151 Nov 24, 2008
SGT GOOZ wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all attracted to different shapes, sizes, complexions, etc. no matter our sexual orientation.

At the gym, it's seldom I find myself staring an extra second at a guy in the shower. Honestly, I try to respect their space and privacy. And no, I have never popped a boner, etc.

El Paso (CHUCO TOWN)

#152 Nov 24, 2008
you know something i am tired of retards who do not have the balls o serve their country but yet fail to realize the wether gay or bi or straight these men and women have served proudly and have earned the right to live their lives the way the choose. and if your husbands served honorably then i respect them for doing so. for those wifes and husbands who choose to sit on their asses and yell at the tv when something like this is in the news, grow some balls and stay the hell out of the military way of life these same people who you all think are sick and should not be in the military sure do have more balls to live their lifes and still serve without any reservation to their fellow servicemember and risk their lives just the same as the rest of them.

“WOOH!!”

Vallejo, CA

#153 Nov 24, 2008
SGT GOOZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint your juvenile mind, but no. I'm heterosexual.

El Paso (CHUCO TOWN)

#154 Nov 24, 2008
i mean if there were 2 hot girls taking a shower i would have looked
and so am i heterosexual too just asking

“www.benehrmann.c om”

White Suburbia, CA

#155 Nov 24, 2008
SGT GOOZ wrote:
i mean if there were 2 hot girls taking a shower i would have looked
and so am i heterosexual too just asking
Something I learned very shortly after coming out - men are pigs.

El Paso (CHUCO TOWN)

#156 Nov 25, 2008
yes we are i must agree
and i like you love women too

laura beth s

“Tweety aka LBS, LBS and niece”

Since: Oct 08

New Orleans

#157 Nov 25, 2008
yes

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#158 Nov 25, 2008
Hey--that's not always a bad thing!
ActsOfBeauty wrote:
<quoted text>
Something I learned very shortly after coming out - men are pigs.
It Seems to Moi

Eden Prairie, MN

#159 Nov 25, 2008
Notice the operative word here is RETIRED generals. These fat cats are sitting on their collective butts and are no longer in the day-to-day bull$hit of real work.

Openly gay in the armed services? These must be the QUEER RETIRED generals! Has to be. They are therefore bent on destroying the system.

“WOOH!!”

Vallejo, CA

#160 Nov 25, 2008
Being retired, they don't have to worry about their careers being ruined because they have the 'nads to speak common sense.

Fontana, CA

#161 Nov 25, 2008
These men and women have paid for their right to say that from their personal experience being gay is no determent to serving our country in the armed services and therefore one should be able to serve openly as it won't harm the preparedness of our troops.

They served and did so well enough to reach the highest ranks in the armed service so they should be the ones we listen to when deciding to do away with DADT and allowing all people to serve openly no matter their sexual orientation.

You can hold your own beliefs but they speak from experience that you donít have.

Virginia Rae
It Seems to Moi wrote:
Notice the operative word here is RETIRED generals. These fat cats are sitting on their collective butts and are no longer in the day-to-day bull$hit of real work.
Openly gay in the armed services? These must be the QUEER RETIRED generals! Has to be. They are therefore bent on destroying the system.

“www.benehrmann.c om”

White Suburbia, CA

#163 Nov 25, 2008
It Seems to Moi wrote:
If they were out during their service they would have been discharged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Naval Academy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baylor Football Covered Up Rape, Trump and Bern... (May '16) May '16 Cali Dad 3
News Biden urges Navy students to lead fight against... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Black Annie 1
News Good Morning (Oct '15) Oct '15 Morning farts 2
News These Maryland and Virginia schools may lead to... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Great 1
News Amtrak train in deadly wreck was speeding, but ... (May '15) May '15 reality is a crutch 1
News Lexi Place Crowned Miss Greene County (Jul '14) Jul '14 Teacher 1
News Bill Clinton discusses privacy, national security (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sea Fool 1
More from around the web