On Nov. 27, 1978, San Francisco Mayor...

On Nov. 27, 1978, San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and gay-rights...

There are 63 comments on the WBZL-TV Hollywood story from Nov 27, 2010, titled On Nov. 27, 1978, San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and gay-rights.... In it, WBZL-TV Hollywood reports that:

Today is Saturday, Nov. 27, the 331st day of 2010. There are 34 days left in the year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBZL-TV Hollywood.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#1 Nov 27, 2010
I remember when Mayor Moscone and Harvey Milk were killed. I remember Diane Feinstein on the news. I wasn't out then. I came out about 10 months later.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#2 Nov 27, 2010
I was already out, and I remember how angry this made the community--but it was nothing like the response when he got 7 years for a reduced charge.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Parksley, VA

#3 Nov 27, 2010
I also like to remember that Dan White, murderous, homophobic, closet case, killed himself almost soon enough after his shamefully short sentence.

Did the family of that pos ever apologize or offer condolences for the two heros he murdered?
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#4 Nov 27, 2010
I remember hearing on the radio newes when he was released from prison,how he was going to have to stay in hiding forever,next thing you know,he hanged himself.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 27, 2010
writewingproxycontin wrote:
I also like to remember that Dan White, murderous, homophobic, closet case, killed himself almost soon enough after his shamefully short sentence.
Did the family of that pos ever apologize or offer condolences for the two heros he murdered?
Why should the family of that idiot be responsible for apologizing for his actions?

His wife, Mary Ann, divorced him shortly after he was released from prison.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 27, 2010
SLIF wrote:
I remember hearing on the radio newes when he was released from prison,how he was going to have to stay in hiding forever,next thing you know,he hanged himself.
Carbon monoxide poisoning with a hose from the tailpipe in his car in his garage, almost 2 years after his release.

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#7 Nov 27, 2010
I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be an openly gay person during those times. The first time I heard one of Harvey Milk's speeches I cried. He was a true visionary...

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 27, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be an openly gay person during those times. The first time I heard one of Harvey Milk's speeches I cried. He was a true visionary...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Pvfexvihri8XX
I was a deeply closeted 17-year-old living in denial and attending catholic high school in Sacramento, 90 miles east of SF. It was a truly frightening time, what with the Briggs Initiative (proposing to ban gay teachers, and me thinking about a possible career in education), really outrageous and completely unsupportable claims being made about gay people, particularly gay men. It was simply unimaginable to me that being gay could be a possibility, much less be accepted as a gay man. During those years I had no personal gay experiences (only vague, unspecific, and frighteningly unrecognizable feelings), no role models, no positive affirmation, no direction. It took another 15 years to come to terms with it all.
Jo Jo

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Nov 27, 2010
writewingproxycontin wrote:
I also like to remember that Dan White, murderous, homophobic, closet case, killed himself almost soon enough after his shamefully short sentence.
Did the family of that pos ever apologize or offer condolences for the two homo perverts he murdered?
Reasons to expose homosexuals:

1. Homosexual priests who molest children.

2. Homosexual cardinals and popes who shuffle homosexual priests around to molest more children without warning parents or children.

3. Homosexual serial killers who kidnap, molest, and kill their victims: John Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Henry Lee Lucas, among others.

Protect children by exposing the filthy homosexuals who molest, kidnap, and murder children! This includes the southern poverty law center that's sitting on $15 million dollars, spewing hate against parents who want to protect their children from the filthy perverts and homosexual pedophiles!
Gay in Bethlehem

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Nov 27, 2010
You realize that 1 & 2 on your list would be quickly taken care of if the Catholic (and others like Greek Orthodox) church allowed for...(wait for it..):
1. Priests and higher ups to marry. If it's such a beautiful institution, wouldn't you think those closest to God should enjoy it?
2. Gays could marry. There would be no need for those people to live in fear and denial, having so many repressed feelings that manifest in awkward and often illegal ways. It's still more acceptable today to live a double life of complete disgusting lust than 'admitting' to a long-term steady relationship. It's absolutely horrible.
Bobby19

New York, NY

#11 Nov 27, 2010
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a deeply closeted 17-year-old living in denial and attending catholic high school in Sacramento, 90 miles east of SF. It was a truly frightening time, what with the Briggs Initiative (proposing to ban gay teachers, and me thinking about a possible career in education), really outrageous and completely unsupportable claims being made about gay people, particularly gay men. It was simply unimaginable to me that being gay could be a possibility, much less be accepted as a gay man. During those years I had no personal gay experiences (only vague, unspecific, and frighteningly unrecognizable feelings), no role models, no positive affirmation, no direction. It took another 15 years to come to terms with it all.
If you remember the Briggs Initiative, remember that Ronald Regan actively campaigned AGAINST that initiative. Has any other President ever done that ???

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#12 Nov 27, 2010
Bobby19 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you remember the Briggs Initiative, remember that Ronald Regan actively campaigned AGAINST that initiative. Has any other President ever done that ???
Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter opposed it too.
Rainbow Girl

Gloucester, MA

#13 Nov 27, 2010
Jo Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasons to expose homosexuals:
1. Homosexual priests who molest children.
2. Homosexual cardinals and popes who shuffle homosexual priests around to molest more children without warning parents or children.
3. Homosexual serial killers who kidnap, molest, and kill their victims: John Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Henry Lee Lucas, among others.
Protect children by exposing the filthy homosexuals who molest, kidnap, and murder children! This includes the southern poverty law center that's sitting on $15 million dollars, spewing hate against parents who want to protect their children from the filthy perverts and homosexual pedophiles!
What these clowns don't like to admit is that 50% of their marrigages end in divorce. Over 60% of them cheat on their spouses. Straight men are responsible for almost all of the domestic violence, rape and child molestation. 80%+ of the country is christian of some sort, yet porn is a $13 billion industry. They want to tell us how to live? They are worried about us? Keep these hate mongering hypocrites away from me and my family!

And they are worried about us???
Bobby19

New York, NY

#14 Nov 27, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter opposed it too.
But they didn't travel and actively campaign against it like Reagan did.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2010
“I cannot prevent anyone from getting angry, or mad, or frustrated. I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978
PaddyGirl

Gloucester, UK

#16 Nov 27, 2010
Yes they did fooker
Winnie

Wakefield, Canada

#17 Nov 27, 2010
Paddy!! I had to cross three channels to find you!!

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Parksley, VA

#18 Nov 27, 2010
Jo Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasons to expose homosexuals:
Then we should likewise defame all str8 men, so damn many of whom rape women violently (and children, usually relatives.)

Praiz!

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Parksley, VA

#19 Nov 27, 2010
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the family of that idiot be responsible for apologizing for his actions?
His wife, Mary Ann, divorced him shortly after he was released from prison.
Well, families of murderers apologize all the time, because the families understand that the actions of their family member harmed the community.

It's not like the family members also have to go to prison like the offender has to or anything.

Additionally it's different with homophobia: That tends to be a product of the parents and of the parents' "religious" beliefs. That pos, White, was Catholic. I'm sure it was not a progressive type of Catholocism, either. We know that from Dan White's campaigns and voting record.

I think everyone understood my meaning. But no need to kill yourself over like, that piece of trash, Dan White, did. Praiz!
Teeseeree

Napa, CA

#20 Nov 27, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be an openly gay person during those times. The first time I heard one of Harvey Milk's speeches I cried. He was a true visionary...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Pvfexvihri8XX
What he was doing was not allowed. That's all that counts. And Moscone was an idiot long before all of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States Army War College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Campaign enters home stretch (May '15) May '15 Less government 3
News Study: 'U.S. Army officers lie' routinely (Feb '15) Feb '15 Lostsole 1
News Kerry: US pledges $212 million to Palestinians (Oct '14) Oct '14 Pink Rose 2
News Grimes won't say if she voted for Obama (Oct '14) Oct '14 Retired SOF 8
News Montana Democrats select a new Senate nominee (Aug '14) Aug '14 truth-facts 3
News Democrats reviewing steps for Walsh replacement (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 3
News John Walsh thesis scandal: Veterans have mixed ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 7
More from around the web