Innovative website targets biblical i...

Innovative website targets biblical illiteracy

There are 3 comments on the Florida Baptist Witness story from Dec 16, 2010, titled Innovative website targets biblical illiteracy. In it, Florida Baptist Witness reports that:

Greg Thornbury teaches Old and New Testament survey courses to some of the brightest students from some of the most respected churches in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Florida Baptist Witness.

Free Thinker

Lexington, TN

#1 Dec 16, 2010
So much energy put into learning fairy tales and myths.... If only people put this effort into learning medicine or quantum mechanics then the US wouldn't be last in the education around the developed world.

Since: Jul 10

#2 Dec 17, 2010
I found this quite humorous in the article....
Yet Thornbury believes he has found a remedy to such biblical illiteracy
...Ultimately by this, of course...
Access to the Biblical Story Course is $49.99 for individuals, with discounts for church groups.
He'll probably make a fortune and people won't be any more pious or smarter.
Free Thinker

Mount Morris, MI

#3 Dec 17, 2010
I wish I could charge people to teach them about the stories by the Brothers Grimm, then again they never claimed people burn forever if people didn't believe their fairy tales so the demand just isn't there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longevity definitely has a place in Baltimore May '15 Carla 1
News What Makes a Preacher Good? (Jan '11) Apr '15 Auntie Theist 150
News Gigi's Cupcakes sets opening date (Mar '15) Mar '15 homebaker 28
News Candidates make use of phone polling (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hard Worker 1
News Marchers urge unity in city's third weekly anti... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bubba 8
News Union student Olivia Greenlee's memory honored ... (May '14) May '14 The real ummmmmmm 1
News Remembering Judith Hill: 'wonderful, encouragin... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Friend 1
More from around the web