What Makes a Preacher Good?

Dec 31, 2010 Full story: Crosswalk 148

Pursuing a doctorate at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. You probably have noticed that preachers come in all shapes and sizes.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Trying to figure it all out!”

Since: Mar 11

jackson tn

#142 Mar 28, 2011
My dad and uncle used to sit for hours playing classical guitar when I was a kid. It is one of the (few) good memories of my hard-nosed ex-military uncle! Lol. But I always loved the sound of a classical 12 string guitar.
Dickens

Ripley, TN

#143 Mar 28, 2011
Nonetheless wrote:
My dad and uncle used to sit for hours playing classical guitar when I was a kid. It is one of the (few) good memories of my hard-nosed ex-military uncle! Lol. But I always loved the sound of a classical 12 string guitar.
I'm sorry I'm so late replying. I had to get the house in order. I have a plumber coming out very early in the morning to fix my leaking kitchen faucet. Then I had a phone call.

You are from a musical family! Me too, but I didn't inherit any of the talent. I truly can't carry a tune. Do you play?

Who wrote the verses above? Profound and haunting.

“Trying to figure it all out!”

Since: Mar 11

jackson tn

#144 Mar 28, 2011
Dickens wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry I'm so late replying. I had to get the house in order. I have a plumber coming out very early in the morning to fix my leaking kitchen faucet. Then I had a phone call.

You are from a musical family! Me too, but I didn't inherit any of the talent. I truly can't carry a tune. Do you play?

Who wrote the verses above? Profound and haunting.
I was lucky to have many musicians in the family. I play, but never dedicated the necessary time to become accomplished. It's fun to goof off with it though.

Those lyrics are from a Metallica song called One. Yes.....heavy metal, but like I said with an open mind all music can be enlightening.
Dickens

Ripley, TN

#145 Mar 28, 2011
FreeThinker82 wrote:
Sure,
Married over 5 years, just had a kid, & I work in law enforcement. From what you said, I kind of see what kind of comfort you get from religion.
About the music, I really enjoy Gustav Holst - The Planets
Jupiter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Nz0b4STz1loXX
I will listen to these youtube videos tonight. I enjoy all kinds of music except rap. Oooh, I can't say anything good about it! I hope you aren't fond of it so I didn't just put my foot in my mouth. LOL I don't care for jazz either.

I want to read an article that was referenced earlier today, I've forgotten who posted it, but it looks interesting, and I want to catch up on some of the other threads. We've got involved in several threads, haven't we....we're kind of jumping around from post to post lately! LOL

I am a night owl but I must shut down a little earlier tonight so I can be up and dressed before the plumber arrives in the morning.

Good night...I'll respond to some of your posts tomorrow.

:)
Dickens

Ripley, TN

#146 Mar 28, 2011
FreeThinker82 wrote:
Sure,
Married over 5 years, just had a kid, & I work in law enforcement. From what you said, I kind of see what kind of comfort you get from religion.
About the music, I really enjoy Gustav Holst - The Planets
Jupiter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Nz0b4STz1loXX
It's Wonderful! I can't believe I haven't heard of him until now. Just thrilling...thanks for telling me!
Dickens

Ripley, TN

#147 Mar 28, 2011
FreeThinker82 wrote:
If you like classical/instrumental then this will blow you away, it might even make you think about....GOD. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zdhdjXxULBYXX
WOW!! How very beautiful, video and audio! Yes, indeed, it made me think of God. Space is so very....beautiful...I can't think of another word more appropriate. The stars, planets, galaxies, everything so perfect. I just don't see how it all could have come about by random chance.
nothing

Fremont, CA

#148 Mar 28, 2011
not a thing
anna

Houston, TX

#149 Mar 28, 2011
i didnt know there were good preachers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gigi's Cupcakes sets opening date 15 hr when 1
Candidates make use of phone polling Tue Hard Worker 1
Marchers urge unity in city's third weekly anti... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bubba 8
Union student Olivia Greenlee's memory honored ... (May '14) May '14 The real ummmmmmm 1
Remembering Judith Hill: 'wonderful, encouragin... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Friend 1
Union sues over Affordable Care Act contracepti... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Leo 2
Dr. Gooch honored for 3 decades of service (Mar '14) Mar '14 Rig 9
More from around the web