Carlsbad bans smoking at all its beac...

Carlsbad bans smoking at all its beaches, parks

There are 32 comments on the www.signonsandiego.com story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Carlsbad bans smoking at all its beaches, parks. In it, www.signonsandiego.com reports that:

Editor's Challenge: Can somebody please explain to me how outdoor smoking is a health hazard?

The Carlsbad City Council voted last night to ban smoking on its beaches and in its parks, becoming the last of the county's oceanfront cities to adopt such a prohibition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.signonsandiego.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#21 Jul 16, 2008
just candid wrote:
Their parks and beaches should have fewer scumbags and other social undesirables hanging around.
Oh goodie, it will be nice going to the beach without you and Smoke Free blocking out the sun!
smokeless

United States

#22 Jul 16, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>Then avoid places where smoking is permitted. Duh! That's what non-smokers have been doing. Why do antis struggle so much with this concept? If you want to go out for a drink but don't want to be around SHS, then find a watering hole that is non-smoking INSTEAD of entering a bar that permits smoking and then start whining.
it is easzier to avoid smoking places if there is a ban.
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#23 Jul 16, 2008
smokeless wrote:
<quoted text>
it is easzier to avoid smoking places if there is a ban.
Oh..... so it's about making it as easy as possible for the antis. Regardless of the fact non-smokers haven't had any issues of finding businesses to cater to their own non-smoking preferences for years. Antis want to make it easy on themselves, even if it means the unnecessary removal of private property rights to a bar owner. I'm impressed you admitted that, but I'm not surprised. Thanks for helping me make my point about how antis truly are and by putting your admission of laziness and being un-American in black and white for all to see.
anti addiction

AOL

#24 Jul 16, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>Oh..... so it's about making it as easy as possible for the antis. Regardless of the fact non-smokers haven't had any issues of finding businesses to cater to their own non-smoking preferences for years. Antis want to make it easy on themselves, even if it means the unnecessary removal of private property rights to a bar owner. I'm impressed you admitted that, but I'm not surprised. Thanks for helping me make my point about how antis truly are and by putting your admission of laziness and being un-American in black and white for all to see.
The point is that you are completely unconcerned about anybody elses health as long as you can engage in your addiction. Sucks, doesn't it.

“Veritas Vincit. Pro Libertate”

Since: Jun 08

peoples republic of Madison

#25 Jul 16, 2008
anti addiction wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that you are completely unconcerned about anybody elses health as long as you can engage in your addiction. Sucks, doesn't it.
Candid your new name suits you as you truly are addicted to being an anti as well as a control freak ...Hmmmmmm
anti addiction

AOL

#26 Jul 16, 2008
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>Candid your new name suits you as you truly are addicted to being an anti as well as a control freak ...Hmmmmmm
I am not candid, but you ARE an addict who allows evrything to be secondary to that smoke.
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#27 Jul 17, 2008
anti addiction wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. If that was true, then I would smoke "everywhere" in public (ie. sidewalks, parking lots, doorways, fairs, festivals, etc, etc), but I don't. I smoke where an owner of a business allows it. There isn't ANY problem with that. The problem lies with the anti that goes out of their way to find a smoking bar just to whine. When instead that anti could just as easily find a non-smoking bar to enter.

Sucks to be an anti doesn't it?
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#28 Jul 17, 2008
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>Candid your new name suits you as you truly are addicted to being an anti as well as a control freak ...Hmmmmmm
So "anti addiction" is JC?
just candid

AOL

#29 Jul 18, 2008
Free_America wrote:
No new name for me, same old, same old.
just candid

AOL

#30 Jul 18, 2008
anti addiction wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a smoker to suck like flute boy and a few other suckers on this forum..
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#31 Jul 21, 2008
just candid wrote:
<quoted text> It takes a smoker to suck like flute boy and a few other suckers on this forum..
You gotta love antis that make themselves look like idiots by NEVER posting anything with substance. Just a bunch of whining. Glad I got your panties in a bind. ROFL!

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#32 Jul 21, 2008
just candid wrote:
<quoted text> It takes a smoker to suck like flute boy and a few other suckers on this forum..
It takes a sucker to suck like just candid and a few other suckers on this forum..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorority applauds literacy, equality, education Mar '16 Born in Blood 4
News New primary care clinic opening downtown Feb '16 Sir Alec Genius 42
News Gigi's Cupcakes sets opening date (Mar '15) Oct '15 Guest 30
News Longevity definitely has a place in Baltimore (May '15) May '15 Carla 1
News What Makes a Preacher Good? (Jan '11) Apr '15 Auntie Theist 150
News Candidates make use of phone polling (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hard Worker 1
News Marchers urge unity in city's third weekly anti... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bubba 8
More from around the web