Onward Christian Terrorists; Fighting...

Onward Christian Terrorists; Fighting Evil in the Obama Era

There are 58 comments on the www.religiondispatches.org story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Onward Christian Terrorists; Fighting Evil in the Obama Era. In it, www.religiondispatches.org reports that:

Could it be sheer coincidence that the murderous attack on the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC on Wednesday by James W. von Brunn, an anti-Semitic Christian terrorist, occurred scarcely a week after an attack on a Wichita health clinic that performed abortions? Perhaps. Though it is also possible that these incidents, and a host of other threats in recent months, are the violent fringe of a new wave of religiously-motivated violence that might rival America’s Christian terrorism of the 1990s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.religiondispatches.org.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 12, 2009
Is it a coincidence that the vast majority of all the threads started by SongBookz are negative about Christians? I think not. Very transparent.

“Knowledge is Power”

Since: Feb 08

Pond Creek, Oklahoma

#2 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
Is it a coincidence that the vast majority of all the threads started by SongBookz are negative about Christians? I think not. Very transparent.
I haven't spoken to them but; I thought they were Christian? On the topic at hand. I find it no coincidence that our beloved media reports things in groups and does so to exhaustion. Whatever is grabbing the masses attention; they dutifully find every similar story and exploit it. That is why we must continue dialogue here. The media is no more our friend than Kim Jong Il wants peace!

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Hello

Nephie

It is Christian news, and this is a forum about Christianity,, is it Not ??

Like it or not,, these forums are here not only for you to have fellowship,, but for debate.. These sorts of stories spark debate.. Exactly what Topix is designed to do...

A little Critique is a good thing Nephie..

A.
Bill

Cedar Park, TX

#4 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
Maybe if people who professed to be Christian behaved more like Christ, he would have no reason to be negative. That would be a heckofa challenge, though, wouldn't it?

Since: Oct 08

Harrison, AR

#5 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
lol...I was thinking the same thing..

Location hidden

#7 Jun 12, 2009
Perhaps if "true" Christians were discussing issues that make us better Christians it would be beneficial. Any clown can constantly point out peoples mistakes. How about positive reinforcement and inspiring people to be better Christians.

It is very transparent when someone is constantly bashing people that they hate. In this case Christians and conservaties, not just conservative Christians. The bigotry and hatred is just blatant.

These forums are full of people who use false identities and / or on an agenda.

“Just another face”

Since: May 08

in the cloud

#8 Jun 12, 2009
For any who are interested, there are links provided that can make you an editor in the Christian Forum, too. I considered it, but I have too much time away from here to do it diligence. I'm sure SongBookz would appreciate the help.

In all honesty, the content of the threads is dictated by the personalities who post. Far be it from us to stay on topic. lol

But, back TO the topic. If anyone read the article, and saw the point made that we are going back to the days of the nineties when Chrisitan extremists were rampantly bombing and holing up in covert complexes. Umm... I do recall all of that going on but what I don't recall is it being laid upon the shoulders of Christian extremists- just radicals. Ruby Ridge? Anti-government. Wacco? Demented man who was anti-government. Unibomber? Anti-government. Oklahoma? Anti-government.

How now are we painting even these events of the past as Christian atrocities? Guess it's true that the winner writes history, but now the question begs who the heck just won??? Perhaps this is telling of just that, being as that's the message most Christians are hearing.

Who was that man, who is so well known for saying "bad,bad Christians- just look what they have done to our beautiful city". Oh, yeah- it was Nero. What was it that happened after that? Oh, yeah- I remember.

How about the one who said "bad,bad Jews".

Nothing good ever comes from it. Has it?
Yet there are still those willing to fan the flames.

zazenmind

Since: Sep 07

tampa

#9 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
At this point in history, no one needs examine their motives more than christians, who profess to followers of the prince of peace and forgiveness..The hate speech coming from your so called christians politicians is only feeding what ABE LINCOHN WARNED AGAINST,"A HOUSE DIVIDE AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND" CONFESSION IS THE ROAD TO FREEDOM, AND REDEMPTION IS THE PROMISE FULLFILLED..

zazenmind

Since: Sep 07

tampa

#10 Jun 12, 2009
Jeremy Hoar wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't spoken to them but; I thought they were Christian? On the topic at hand. I find it no coincidence that our beloved media reports things in groups and does so to exhaustion. Whatever is grabbing the masses attention; they dutifully find every similar story and exploit it. That is why we must continue dialogue here. The media is no more our friend than Kim Jong Il wants peace!
Perhaps its a blessing in disguise, because you do claim to be the body of christ, maybe christian should examine the head and the heart of their belief and motives, because as you know confession is the road to freedom and redemption is the promise fullfilled..Remember it was ABE LINCOHN WHO WARNED "A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND" Fanning the flames of hate, by exploiting the climate of pain, is counter-productive for everyone on the right and the left, not ones wins, if we all fall..PEACE..

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
As I have stated before many times - I am a Christian, a Christian who happens to be a Liberal on many issues (I lean Conservative on immigration and reactionary on Corporatism).

And, as I have stated to you before, there is nothing stopping you from volunteering to be an editor in this forum.

This is a forum to discuss Christian News - not a feel-good place for Christians to pat themselves on the back or shove the world's perception of us under a rug. The fact is, Christianity is viewed in a negative light by many people and largely it's Christian's own fault. 1.) When they attached themselves to the Republican Party, they attached their reputation to it as well, 2.) They have attempted to force (and still do) Conservative Christian concepts of morality on non-christians, which has created a lot of resentment.

Regardless, Christianity is viewed in a negative light by many, thus, a lot of "Christian News" is negative. If this were a devotional forum or a Christian networking site, a different kind of post would be called for, but this is a news forum and the news is what it is.

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 12, 2009
zazenmind wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps its a blessing in disguise, because you do claim to be the body of christ, maybe christian should examine the head and the heart of their belief and motives, because as you know confession is the road to freedom and redemption is the promise fullfilled..Remember it was ABE LINCOHN WHO WARNED "A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND" Fanning the flames of hate, by exploiting the climate of pain, is counter-productive for everyone on the right and the left, not ones wins, if we all fall..PEACE..
Excellent point!

Location hidden

#13 Jun 12, 2009
SongBookz wrote:
<quoted text>

Regardless, Christianity is viewed in a negative light by many, thus, a lot of "Christian News" is negative. If this were a devotional forum or a Christian networking site, a different kind of post would be called for, but this is a news forum and the news is what it is.
We would like to facetiously thank you for propagating this bad light and lifting the Christians up to ridicule, rather than a higher calling. You can justify your behavior your anyway you want but a simply review of the people responding to your threads with pure hatred toward Christians should tell you something is wrong. Of course not if this was you intention.

Flying_Spaghetti _Monster

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#14 Jun 12, 2009
SongBookz wrote:
This is a forum to discuss Christian News - not a feel-good place for Christians to pat themselves on the back or shove the world's perception of us under a rug. The fact is, Christianity is viewed in a negative light by many people and largely it's Christian's own fault. 1.) When they attached themselves to the Republican Party, they attached their reputation to it as well, 2.) They have attempted to force (and still do) Conservative Christian concepts of morality on non-christians, which has created a lot of resentment.
Im not a christian or a liberal...but i have to agree with you here. well said :)
Light Sensitive

Massapequa, NY

#15 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>We would like to facetiously thank you for propagating this bad light and lifting the Christians up to ridicule, rather than a higher calling. You can justify your behavior your anyway you want but a simply review of the people responding to your threads with pure hatred toward Christians should tell you something is wrong. Of course not if this was you intention.
youre like the alcoholic in the bar blaming the bartender and patrons for his drinking problems.
"If you guys werent so much fun to hang with Id not have a problem!"

so leave...log-out and dont partake of the festivities...all you do is bitch about who's here and what is posted...but you keep coming back. you know the definition of insanity? repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting a different outcome despite it never happening any other way.
Light Sensitive

Massapequa, NY

#16 Jun 12, 2009
SongBookz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have stated before many times - I am a Christian, a Christian who happens to be a Liberal on many issues (I lean Conservative on immigration and reactionary on Corporatism).
And, as I have stated to you before, there is nothing stopping you from volunteering to be an editor in this forum.
good post.

another point that N2 and others fail to see is that there is the LARGER Xtian community that I/others rail agaisnt - and than there are the individuals and their personal faith...

Its the larger community I rail against - but I do it thru (I hope) discussions with the individuals. I cant get the ears of the many xtian power-brokers who are trying to shape US legislative policy - so I come here (among other places) to hopefully getthe ears of the members of those communities and maybe get them to go "Hmmm...Im a good xtian person, so ais my family - so why is the larger community so reviled..." to look at the larger picture, and stop contemplating the images of J-man on their burnt toast...
Light Sensitive

Massapequa, NY

#17 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>We would like to facetiously thank you for propagating this bad light and lifting the Christians up to ridicule, rather than a higher calling. You can justify your behavior your anyway you want but a simply review of the people responding to your threads with pure hatred toward Christians should tell you something is wrong. Of course not if this was you intention.
bad light? change the bulb.
Chameleon

Vandergrift, PA

#18 Jun 12, 2009
Keep an eye on that JEW hater, Rev. Wright.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#19 Jun 12, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
Edited for correctness:

"Is it a coincidence that the vast majority of all the stupid posts of trolling little lying Nep/N2 are hateful towards all NON-Christians? I think not. Very transparent."

Location hidden

#20 Jun 12, 2009
Light Sensitive wrote:
<quoted text>
youre like the alcoholic in the bar blaming the bartender and patrons for his drinking problems.
"If you guys werent so much fun to hang with Id not have a problem!"
so leave...log-out and dont partake of the festivities...all you do is bitch about who's here and what is posted...but you keep coming back. you know the definition of insanity? repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting a different outcome despite it never happening any other way.
And all you do is bitch about Christians.

Location hidden

#21 Jun 12, 2009
Light Sensitive wrote:
<quoted text>
good post.
another point that N2 and others fail to see is that there is the LARGER Xtian community that I/others rail agaisnt - and than there are the individuals and their personal faith...
Its the larger community I rail against - but I do it thru (I hope) discussions with the individuals. I cant get the ears of the many xtian power-brokers who are trying to shape US legislative policy - so I come here (among other places) to hopefully getthe ears of the members of those communities and maybe get them to go "Hmmm...Im a good xtian person, so ais my family - so why is the larger community so reviled..." to look at the larger picture, and stop contemplating the images of J-man on their burnt toast...
The point you fail to see is people know you are but a small noisy group that is filled with hate. In the overall picture, people filled with hate are best just ignored on important subjects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Santa Barbara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) Aug '17 damson 103
News Strange signals from space and black holes: Ast... (May '17) May '17 Fundie Fatwazz Aroma 4
News UC Santa Barbara Student Found Dead Wednesday M... (Apr '17) Apr '17 katybirdhudson 1
News Myths and truths about daylight saving time (Mar '17) Mar '17 Sue 3
News Russia accuses US of fueling Ukrainian crisis (Jun '14) Dec '16 Putins Welcome 64
News Hijabis furious over TSA pat-downs (Nov '16) Nov '16 Thinking 3
News Isla Vista Self-Governance the Focus of Town Ha... (Jul '14) Sep '16 DeltaPapaBravo 3
More from around the web