Experts Question Obama Plan to Consult Military on Gays, Consultations Could Backfire As In 1993

Mar 3, 2009 | Posted by: Thomas Jackson | Full story: gay_blog.blogspot.com

Some experts are questioning President Obama's effort to consult with military leaders as he plans to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. MORE

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

“Faith based onHebrew mythology”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

I have to admit that I am apprehensive about the military's doing the right thing. They are riddled with religionists, and if they had wanted to repeal DODT, nothing stopped them from doin it internally by now. But I would love to be proved wrong. It's just so diasappointing that we always have to be among the last countries on earth to do the right thing. Gays may die for their country, but for God's sake (literally) just don't be honest about yourself -- that really can't be tolerated!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

DADT is an unmitigated disaster. All laws governing the sexual orientation of individuals, except when there is a victim, are exclusionary and are an assualt on the rights of U.S. citizens. No consultation is required. Just rescind DADT and DOMA.

“Greetings!”

Since: Dec 06

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Undesrtand this my friends - we MUCH urge President Obama to repleal DADT. Why? Becuase, it is a KEY step in getting full and equal rights for gay people in the US!

How? Quite simple. If DADT is lifted, and 2 men (or women) in the service get married in Massachusetts and they move to another state while in the Military - the state is REQUIRED to accept their marriage as valid!

Call or write Pres. Obama and ask him to repeal DADT!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

TampaBob wrote:
If DADT is lifted, and 2 men (or women) in the service get married in Massachusetts and they move to another state while in the Military - the state is REQUIRED to accept their marriage as valid!
Interesting point of law. I've never heard that before. Can you provide any more specifics?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••