Ca. Man Left In Cell 4 Days Just Trie...

Ca. Man Left In Cell 4 Days Just Tried To Survive

There are 5 comments on the OfficialWire story from May 3, 2012, titled Ca. Man Left In Cell 4 Days Just Tried To Survive. In it, OfficialWire reports that:

After two days of being handcuffed in a tiny holding cell and desperate for food and water, Daniel Chong said he realized he had to stop wondering when he'd be let out and start thinking about how to stay alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OfficialWire.

“Slicing Through the B.S.”

Since: Aug 09

Wanna touch my Katana?

#1 May 3, 2012
This clearly violated the Constitutional rights of Mr. Chong. All of the officers who either placed or held him in custody should be fired immediately.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 May 3, 2012
When I was young I used to read or hear about all sorts of injustices and atrocities happening in other countries and I used to think "I'm glad I live in America where those things don't happen."

As I've gotten older, I'm witnessing more and more of those things going on around me right here in the United States. It's scary to me because the U.S. is becoming more and more like those countries we used to think were so bad. And no one seems to notice or care.
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#3 May 3, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
When I was young I used to read or hear about all sorts of injustices and atrocities happening in other countries and I used to think "I'm glad I live in America where those things don't happen."
As I've gotten older, I'm witnessing more and more of those things going on around me right here in the United States. It's scary to me because the U.S. is becoming more and more like those countries we used to think were so bad. And no one seems to notice or care.
Yes, I agree with you and it's a sad state of affairs. I'm not sure whether it's because people are getting worse, or because we are more aware now, or because the media is now selecting stories that manipulate our emotions and avoiding the "good" stories, or is it that we are sometimes fixed on our own personal (local) situations and looking at the bigger picture makes us feel helpless.

We, the regular folks (not politicians) need to get our heads out of the sand, come together and try to get along so that we can look at the causes and the solutions.

I'm certainly glad that the young man survived. Heads should roll and the "officials" in charge of such an incident should address their shortcomings, apologize profusely not only to Mr. Chong but to the rest of us for neglecting another human being, an American citizen and resign. Business as usual? Not good enough.

This whole story has raised my concerns as to where we are headed if we find ourselves accepting this neglectful behavior and do nothing about it.

Revelry

Since: Jan 12

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 May 3, 2012
TK Lawson CPhT

United States

#5 May 8, 2012
And you think that's "torture" ? Ever not eaten for two weeks, or had to eat dog food? Ever been chained and denied water after hypovolemia from donating blood? Ever been worked over while near death? That's true of me. Lawsuit? The lawyer won't touch the authorities. Ever worked in a hospital?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plan to cancel DACA puts Mexico on alert Nov '17 spud 14
News Inevitable: Some Berkeley Students Now Protesti... Oct '17 Wildchild 1
News Study: Now we have to worry about climatic 'exi... Sep '17 FDR 1
News Amphibious vehicle ignites, 8 Marines sent to b... Sep '17 anonymous 1
News Mexico's top diplomat to visit immigrant-friend... Sep '17 Trump is a joke 2
News Democrats could tighten grip on California poli... (Apr '17) Apr '17 CodeTalker 4
News NAFTA helped U.S. corn farmers, but may have bo... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Wildchild 2
More from around the web