San Diego Mayor Bob Filner Digs in as...

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner Digs in as Sex Harassment Troubles Mount

There are 1 comment on the TIME.com story from Jul 23, 2013, titled San Diego Mayor Bob Filner Digs in as Sex Harassment Troubles Mount. In it, TIME.com reports that:

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner apologizes for his behavior in this frame from a video produced by the city of San Diego, July 11, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TIME.com.

Right to Sue

Vista, CA

#1 Jul 23, 2013
Gloria Allred said that her client has a "right to sue" letter from the state Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). That's nice, but doesn't really mean anything.

Both the state DFEH and the federal EEOC issue right to sue letters when they determine that there hasn't been any infraction committed to warrant their investigation. If a person complains to either state or federal office about a type of harassment or persecution, and either office decides the complaint doesn't describe any infraction that meets their criteria for discrimination, they perfunctorily issue the complainant a right to sue letter so that person can pursue his or her complaint in court. A right to sue letter does not mean that the DFEH or the EEOC has determined that they have discovered verified discrimination or harassment.

Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man forgotten in cell: I drank urine (May '12) Feb 8 Phartomus 39
News Personality Traits Tied to Genome Areas & Menta... Dec '16 Stephany McDowell 2
News Personality traits genetically linked to psychi... Dec '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Largest study of its kind finds rare genetic va... Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Bay Area immigrants fear deportation after Trum... Nov '16 Wildchild 1
News Researchers take significant step forward in ge... Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Back-to-school can mean vaccines for tweens, teens (Aug '11) Oct '16 mar 2
More from around the web