Moreno Valley: Public questions project's approval process

Apr 2, 2012 | Posted by: mvgordie | Full story: www.pe.com

Residents and environmentalists say they are concerned that Moreno Valley officials may already have decided to approve a 41.6 million-square-foot distribution center proposed for the city's east side.

They say a city-produced DVD promoting the project and comments made by the city manager that Moreno Valley was partnering with developer Iddo Benzeevi led them to question the approval process, although one expert said such marketing efforts were common economic development tools.

The proposed development would cover nearly 6 square miles. It includes more than 1,000 acres of the Moreno Highlands property that the state bought in 2001 to expand the neighboring San Jacinto Wildlife Area.

City Manager Henry Garcia has described Moreno Valley’s relationship with Benzeevi’s company Highland Fairview and its World Logistics Center as a partnership that will create tens of thousands of jobs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

I think enough with talk and demand the Attorney General to come down and have a come to jesus meeting with this crap with Highland Fairview. these people on PE who are in favor need to actually do some research and listen. if Iddo had his way, he would literally get rid of all the homes and make this warehouse utopia!
Dosha

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

commonsense951 wrote:
... these people on PE who are in favor need to actually do some research and listen.
Hi CS - those who are pushing Ido's warehouse world @ the PE comments appear to be paid trolls for the most part. The sincere ones, if any, are too gullible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Hey Dosha, lol......the issue is with his traveling circus is that they take it for face value. it really shows how narrow minded they are and cannot think out side there A@#. its really sad, that the city mananger who is college educated thinks this is a great idea. I dont care what he makes. Even if I had his job I would have some morals. Him and foster really need to hit the road.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

land watcher

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

This is becoming one hot mess.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

Any public approval process should be open and transparent. Obviously from the heat generated, this one wasn't. Clearly money, power and back room dealings were the primary driver, not the public good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••