Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren admits cash problems

Jan 2, 2010 Full story: www.instantriverside.com 105

Pastor Rick Warren delivers invocation for Obama inauguration: Click to watch file video.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
obamanation

Palm Bay, FL

#166 Jan 5, 2010
LindaS wrote:
<quoted text>
And where exactly in scripture does it say gays can't marry? You know I hope, the scripture says very little about marriage at all, since at the time the Bible was written, the church has nothing to do with marriages. They didn't perform them or approve them as marriage was considered a contract between the groom and the bride's father, not the business of the church.
what is it ....like the 16th commandment

thou shalt not covet thy neighbors' ass
Hogan Hilling

Makawao, HI

#167 Jan 6, 2010
Mr. Warren (and his staff) made some poor financial decisions and then he asked and expected his congregation to rescue him???

Mr. Warren asked for $900,000 and received $2.4 million. If Mr. Warren was the so-called upstanding pastor he claims to be and his followers believe him to be, why doesn't he announce that he will only accept $900,000 and return the balance or not cash the checks?

I'd like to see Saddleback's (and every church's) financial statements to see where the money really goes.

Wake-up people.

“Brains: Use 'em or lose 'em”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#168 Jan 6, 2010
Hogan Hilling wrote:
Mr. Warren (and his staff) made some poor financial decisions and then he asked and expected his congregation to rescue him???
Mr. Warren asked for $900,000 and received $2.4 million. If Mr. Warren was the so-called upstanding pastor he claims to be and his followers believe him to be, why doesn't he announce that he will only accept $900,000 and return the balance or not cash the checks?
I'd like to see Saddleback's (and every church's) financial statements to see where the money really goes.
Wake-up people.
This all assumes Ricky told the truth.
What

Blytheville, AR

#169 Jan 6, 2010
Hogan Hilling wrote:
Wake-up people.
That would be interesting to see where it all goes. But I think first we'd see their new found belief/insistance on the principle of separation of church & state.
Zoro

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#170 Jan 7, 2010
LindaS wrote:
<quoted text>
And where exactly in scripture does it say gays can't marry? You know I hope, the scripture says very little about marriage at all, since at the time the Bible was written, the church has nothing to do with marriages. They didn't perform them or approve them as marriage was considered a contract between the groom and the bride's father, not the business of the church.
The bible doesn't refer to gay marraige at all. I think most folks knew that already...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two students selected to work on Hubble Scope P... Apr '14 SayWhat 1
GOP sees need to woo Asian-American voters GOP ... (Apr '13) Feb '14 swedenforever 257
Study: Third-Hand Smoke Exposure As Deadly As S... (Feb '14) Feb '14 dumb it down 4 Dan 1
Israel's History in Pictures: Jerusalem Childre... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Yumpin Yimminy 4
Immigration Reform: Boehner signals limited action (Jan '14) Jan '14 Ronnie 7
Room for improvement in autism awareness (Dec '13) Dec '13 This Means 1
Reza Aslan: Thoughts on Jesus, Mohammed, "manma... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Joe DeCaro 1

UC Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE