Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren admits cash problems

Jan 2, 2010 | Posted by: instantriverside | Full story: www.instantriverside.com

Pastor Rick Warren delivers invocation for Obama inauguration: Click to watch file video.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JesusIsTheWay

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Jan 2, 2010
 
Tony C wrote:
If he was truly doing God's work, God would provide.
God did provide. The church received 2.4 million dollars in cash offerings within 2 days of his email.

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Jan 2, 2010
 
JesusIsTheWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God did provide. The church received 2.4 million dollars in cash offerings within 2 days of his email.
Sad that anyone would think that giving Fatso and his Church that much money is more G-d's work than what could be done to feed, clothe, house, provide health care snd educate the needy with the cash.
Curteese

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Jan 3, 2010
 
JesusIsTheWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God did provide. The church received 2.4 million dollars in cash offerings within 2 days of his email.
A lot of catfood is going to be consumed in the next couple of years by the dear little old ladies extorted into dumping their tiny pensions into this miserable "church".
If it was in so much trouble why was this not brought up before? I think he forced this to happen, knowing all along that this would force his stingy congregation into opening those check books and is right now rolling naked..ewwww...in the checks.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Jan 3, 2010
 
JesusIsTheWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God did provide. The church received 2.4 million dollars in cash offerings within 2 days of his email.
No, god did not provide. The sheep in wolves clothing did all of the providing. How patheic is that?

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jan 3, 2010
 
Proving only one thing, a fool and his money are soon parted.
JesusIsTheWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God did provide. The church received 2.4 million dollars in cash offerings within 2 days of his email.
The Virgin Queen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Jan 3, 2010
 
The Golem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad that anyone would think that giving Fatso and his Church that much money is more G-d's work than what could be done to feed, clothe, house, provide health care snd educate the needy with the cash.
While I object to you calling him "fatso" I am afraid I must agree with the rest of your post.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Jan 3, 2010
 
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
While I object to you calling him "fatso" I am afraid I must agree with the rest of your post.
Q: What's the difference between a homophobic man and a nonhomophobic man?

A: About 40 pounds.
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jan 3, 2010
 
Wade Stance wrote:
<quoted text>
The potential revenue generated from performing gay marriages pales in comparison to the revenue generated from hate mailings.
"Honey, open up that letter we got from our church.
"ALL GAY MEN MOLEST young boys. If you have a young son, you can count on him being molested by a perverted, sick, homosexual.
Please help us to fight the evils of homosexuality. Stand up with Jesus and God, to say no to the perverted, twisted, Satan-inspired homosexual agenda.
Please check the following boxes for your generous contribution today:
$50,000
$25,000
$10,000
$5,000
$1,000
You have convinced me and I stand corrected.
Tony C

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Jan 3, 2010
 
JesusIsTheWay wrote:
<quoted text>
God did provide. The church received 2.4 million dollars in cash offerings within 2 days of his email.
Duh. That should tell you something.(motive!)(sheep!)
Curteese

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Jan 3, 2010
 
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
While I object to you calling him "fatso" I am afraid I must agree with the rest of your post.
Have you seen photos of Ricky? His head is as big as a trash can lid. He must weigh in at like 300 lb. This is your role model? Glutony is one of the deadly sins.
Wade Stance

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Jan 3, 2010
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I saw on the news earlier that the moola is rolling in for this fat tub of lard's ego fulfilling church. It will be saved and then he can rake in more money from the little old ladies who live on cat food and cut their pills in half to afford them. I thought we were going to be rid of this ingrown hair anal infection of a partor, but, alas. I never knew how dumb people can be.
People are so gullible. None of these evangelists have an honest face.
Judge not

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Jan 3, 2010
 
Make no mistake. Rick Warren's motives, behavior, and ethics will be judged with more scrutiny than anyone who is not in ministry. Jesus himself said that. As a Chrisitian, I too am skeptical of this event. On the other hand, anyone who claims to be a Christian should know judgement and condemnation is reserved for Christ Himself. Judging Warren on a blog is not justified in spite of your/my/his position on homosexuality. All of us have and continue to sin and fall short of God's glory. Therefore, Christ Himself is the only one capable of redeeming you, me, and Rick Warren and God Himself is able to convict those who honestly acknowledge and seek Him. Anyone who doubts that takes each breath and every living moment for granted.

“Marriage=Love+Co mmitment.....”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Jan 3, 2010
 
How sad it is that people give their hard earned money away so freely, to support what exactly? And what happened to his earnings from all those books? I'm afraid others like him are watching, and I'm betting a lot of fundamentalists will behaving the same kind of financial shortages soon.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Jan 3, 2010
 
Judge not wrote:
Make no mistake. Rick Warren's motives, behavior, and ethics will be judged with more scrutiny than anyone who is not in ministry. Jesus himself said that. As a Chrisitian, I too am skeptical of this event. On the other hand, anyone who claims to be a Christian should know judgement and condemnation is reserved for Christ Himself. Judging Warren on a blog is not justified in spite of your/my/his position on homosexuality. All of us have and continue to sin and fall short of God's glory. Therefore, Christ Himself is the only one capable of redeeming you, me, and Rick Warren and God Himself is able to convict those who honestly acknowledge and seek Him. Anyone who doubts that takes each breath and every living moment for granted.
Well as an atheist I'm don't need to worry about whether I'm judging others and I think the guy is as much of a greedy bastard as most celebrity clergy.

Since: Sep 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Jan 3, 2010
 
LindaS wrote:
How sad it is that people give their hard earned money away so freely, to support what exactly? And what happened to his earnings from all those books? I'm afraid others like him are watching, and I'm betting a lot of fundamentalists will behaving the same kind of financial shortages soon.
It seems this was always so. Sinclair Lewis wrote a famous satirical novel, "Elmer Gantry" in the mid-twenties.(Burt Lancaster played him in the film. No, he at least was not fat!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose".(The more things change, the more they remain the same.)
Geo

Amen, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Jan 3, 2010
 
No one listen to tonight's news?

He was given 2.5 million dollars.
The Virgin Queen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Jan 3, 2010
 
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as an atheist I'm don't need to worry about whether I'm judging others and I think the guy is as much of a greedy bastard as most celebrity clergy.
You're probably right about that.
The Virgin Queen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Jan 3, 2010
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Have you seen photos of Ricky? His head is as big as a trash can lid. He must weigh in at like 300 lb. This is your role model? Glutony is one of the deadly sins.
Yeah yeah. And he is not my "role model".
The Virgin Queen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Jan 3, 2010
 
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: What's the difference between a homophobic man and a nonhomophobic man?
A: About 40 pounds.
That's a silly stereotype. That Agassi tennis player is overweight? How about most members of the NFL - because professional football players are as homophobic as they are well-built. I'm going to assume you aren't being serious.

Since: Sep 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Jan 3, 2010
 
Geo wrote:
No one listen to tonight's news?
He was given 2.5 million dollars.
I believe that was mentioned earlier.

Well now he will get even fatter!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••