Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren admits cash problems

Jan 2, 2010 | Posted by: instantriverside | Full story: www.instantriverside.com

Pastor Rick Warren delivers invocation for Obama inauguration: Click to watch file video.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

The transition from a small to a medium-sized business or from a medium-sized to a large one is always fraught with financial problems. Churches are constantly faced with them, since they pay no taxes and their book-keeping tends to get, well, a little opaque.
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

What's really news is the fact that "pastors", priests and ministers are turning down a potential source of additional income by refusing to marry gay couples.
Let's be honest here, most churches are in the business of religion to make money or to pander to the egos of megalomaniac preachers, or both.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

Rick Warren is a big, fat fraud - literally.
Tony C

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

If he was truly doing God's work, God would provide.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

Every Ponzi scheme has a hiccup sooner or later. How about a church that isn't like a mega mall crossed with a giant theme park? This is a house of worship we're talking about.

As for the bigot in question - he's parlayed all this into untold personal wealth. He'll be fine, except for the ugly fact that he looks and hates more and more like Jerry Falwell with each passing year. The phrase "hell on earth" comes to mind in regards to a fate like that.

(shudder)

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
You still can't figure out only a closet case would spend more time then ANYBODY ELSE on threads about LGBT issues. You're always the first one to post to an LGBT thread and always the one to post the most.
He knows it. He's just in denial.

“Brains: Use 'em or lose 'em”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

Divine justice? Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bastard. Let's hope his personal finances also suffer, the lying, evil hatemonger posing as God's goody two shoes.
Mulenga Kapwepwe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

I say tax the god bothering creep

“Son of Abraham”

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

writewingproxycontin wrote:
Every Ponzi scheme has a hiccup sooner or later. How about a church that isn't like a mega mall crossed with a giant theme park? This is a house of worship we're talking about.
As for the bigot in question - he's parlayed all this into untold personal wealth. He'll be fine, except for the ugly fact that he looks and hates more and more like Jerry Falwell with each passing year. The phrase "hell on earth" comes to mind in regards to a fate like that.
(shudder)
Yeah, I find it a bit odd all these homophobic "ministers" are all about 30 pounds overweight. It's as if they expect us to believe the Deadly Sin of Gluttony has been replaced with the "Deadly Sin of Homosexuality".

“Brains: Use 'em or lose 'em”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I find it a bit odd all these homophobic "ministers" are all about 30 pounds overweight. It's as if they expect us to believe the Deadly Sin of Gluttony has been replaced with the "Deadly Sin of Homosexuality".
30 lbs?!? That man is only 30 pounds overweight if he's only 4 feet tall.

Since: Sep 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Jason1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite unaware that there is an OT Jesus except the so-called prophecies of Isaiah and maybe a few others. As further proof of your utter ignorance, my "pretense of being a Christian" is non-existent just like your imaginary god and your imaginary hell.
As further proof of your idiocy, I have never been a "Christian" and your "maturity and insight" is also imaginary. Your being an utter ignoramus is not!
My goodness! 44, so far and probably from the same person, of negative judgments; a record I think. I really must have pissed someone off.(Hmmm, I wonder who?) Well, that was my intention and I'm happy that I succeeded!

Thanks for your "maturity and insight"! ;-)

Since: Sep 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Jason1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Baby-Troll strikes again! What is obvious is that the Jesus of the NT would never agree with anything he says because, if he did, he'd be as big a hypocrite as the Troll.
But thanks for the even larger number of positive comments on this posting.

Since: Nov 09

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Im sure if this fat F%&ck pray's hard enough his god will come to his rescue with large sums of money. No wait there's is no GOD so he has to pray to his flock of self diluted homophobic bigoted morons to pay for his castle.
This should tell him something...maybe his god doesn't like it when you strip people of their rights and preach hatred...what comes around goes around.

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Another Mega-Church that is having financial problems is World Harvest in Canal Winchester OH. The pastor is Rod Parsley. They have a syndicated TV Program called "Breakthrough". Parsley is very homophobic.

“Son of Abraham”

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

EQLTY4ALL wrote:
Im sure if this fat F%&ck pray's hard enough his god will come to his rescue with large sums of money. No wait there's is no GOD so he has to pray to his flock of self diluted homophobic bigoted morons to pay for his castle.
This should tell him something...maybe his god doesn't like it when you strip people of their rights and preach hatred...what comes around goes around.
Are you familiar with the Gospels??? Rick Warren's homophobia and bigotry are as far removed from the God found in the Gospels. Fundamentalism could not be any further from the message Christ was conveying and, in fact, Him getting extremely pissed at Churches using God's name to make money is exactly what got Him killed. Christ butted heads with the religious leaders of His day and the faults He found in them are alive and well in the religious leaders of today.

“Son of Abraham”

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

nealcmh wrote:
Another Mega-Church that is having financial problems is World Harvest in Canal Winchester OH. The pastor is Rod Parsley. They have a syndicated TV Program called "Breakthrough". Parsley is very homophobic.
Maybe them being so homophobic is exactly why they're having financial problems. It's a sad fact these preachers would change their tune in a heartbeat if they thought it'd make them more money.
Wade Stance

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Brighton John wrote:
What's really news is the fact that "pastors", priests and ministers are turning down a potential source of additional income by refusing to marry gay couples.
Let's be honest here, most churches are in the business of religion to make money or to pander to the egos of megalomaniac preachers, or both.
The potential revenue generated from performing gay marriages pales in comparison to the revenue generated from hate mailings.

"Honey, open up that letter we got from our church.

"ALL GAY MEN MOLEST young boys. If you have a young son, you can count on him being molested by a perverted, sick, homosexual.

Please help us to fight the evils of homosexuality. Stand up with Jesus and God, to say no to the perverted, twisted, Satan-inspired homosexual agenda.

Please check the following boxes for your generous contribution today:

$50,000
$25,000
$10,000
$5,000
$1,000
Wade Stance

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Overweight men have extremely high caloric ejaculates. Junk in junk out. Fat in fat out.

These fat, homophobic preachers probably don't eat meat on Friday. But their downfall is probably eating meat on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Most extremely homophobic men are homosexual.
Curteese

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Wade Stance wrote:
<quoted text>
The potential revenue generated from performing gay marriages pales in comparison to the revenue generated from hate mailings.
"Honey, open up that letter we got from our church.
"ALL GAY MEN MOLEST young boys. If you have a young son, you can count on him being molested by a perverted, sick, homosexual.
Please help us to fight the evils of homosexuality. Stand up with Jesus and God, to say no to the perverted, twisted, Satan-inspired homosexual agenda.
Please check the following boxes for your generous contribution today:
$50,000
$25,000
$10,000
$5,000
$1,000
I saw on the news earlier that the moola is rolling in for this fat tub of lard's ego fulfilling church. It will be saved and then he can rake in more money from the little old ladies who live on cat food and cut their pills in half to afford them. I thought we were going to be rid of this ingrown hair anal infection of a partor, but, alas. I never knew how dumb people can be.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Maybe Rick Warren should go up in a prayer tower and say he'll eat only Subway sandwiches until sheeple donate enough money for him to come back down to McDonald's. Oh, and the palette cleanser is that if you don't donate god will call Warren home.

It's sort of like the reverse of a Ghandi hunger strike.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••