Researchers find earliest evidence for animal life - 635 million years ago

Feb 4, 2009 Full story: www.sciencecodex.com 6

An international research team of scientists from UC Riverside, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other institutions has found the oldest evidence for animals.

Full Story

“Got Science?”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Feb 4, 2009
I love discoveries like this. The evolution of early animal life is one of science's great mysteries.
truthist

Lithia, FL

#2 Feb 4, 2009
Charles Darwin in Origin of Species: "When I view all beings not as special creations, but as the lineal descendants of some few beings which lived long before the first bed of the Cambrian system was deposited, they seem to me to become ennobled."

Today.. "This paved the way for the evolution of animal feeders living on the seafloor," Love said. "We believe we are converging on the correct date for the divergence of complex multicellular animal life, on the shallow ocean floor between 635 and 750 million years ago."
Cousin Jethro

Apopka, FL

#3 Feb 5, 2009
Then again, it goes to confirm what every miser has suspected, that his relatives, both ancient and young, may well retain the traits of sponges, spongers and sponging

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#4 Feb 6, 2009
Does the Pope know about this?
Cousin Jethro

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Feb 6, 2009
Mykro wrote:
Does the Pope know about this?
I think he's out celebrating, for:
"It's the birthday of Bob Marley, born in the village of Nine Mile, Jamaica, in 1945. He left home at age 14 and headed to Kingston to make his way as a musician. He made reggae music an international phenomenon with songs like "No Woman No Cry," "I Shot the Sheriff," "Three Little Birds," and "Redemption Song," with these famous lyrics: "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

[Writer's Almanac]

Since: Feb 09

Saint Marys, PA

#6 Feb 7, 2009
The missing link was also just recently discovered

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are some people with autism hypersensitive ... Oct '14 Its VACCINES 1
Two students selected to work on Hubble Scope P... (Apr '14) Apr '14 SayWhat 1
GOP sees need to woo Asian-American voters GOP ... (Apr '13) Feb '14 swedenforever 257
Study: Third-Hand Smoke Exposure As Deadly As S... (Feb '14) Feb '14 dumb it down 4 Dan 1
Israel's History in Pictures: Jerusalem Childre... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Yumpin Yimminy 4
Immigration Reform: Boehner signals limited action (Jan '14) Jan '14 Ronnie 7
Room for improvement in autism awareness (Dec '13) Dec '13 This Means 1
More from around the web